Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sangerjohn)      Join Date: Aug 2008       12-28-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
Sanger just released photos of another new model - the 212SL. No specs have been released. Discuss...
Attached Images

Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-28-2014, 9:11 AM Reply   
Looks like the XR210 without the new tower they showed a few months ago. I'm not sure what they want their lineup to look like these days. If they made a v21 and v22 with regular seating, 2000 lbs of integrated ballast and a bit taller freeboard they would be winners. Unfortunately, MB Boats is closer to that realization. I would have bought MB but I preferred a slightly sportier design.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-28-2014, 10:59 AM Reply   
Is this a different hull than the XR210? It looks nicer
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-28-2014, 11:01 AM Reply   
Glad to see Sanger still in the game.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-28-2014, 1:21 PM Reply   
Reminds me of a Sfvara
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       12-28-2014, 1:23 PM Reply   
I hate the tower and the double observer seat. But the double seat I guess could be very functional.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-28-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
Heard from sanger, it is the same hull. I like it in this trim, looks great. The interior is even growing on me.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       12-28-2014, 4:43 PM Reply   
I always like the clean simple lines of Sangers. My god that thing is awful. The transom looks like an after thought and I Hope the double observer's bench is an option. AWFUL

Otherwise the interior styling and drivers console look good. Little disappointed here. I have seen boats with twice the freeboard take over water on the transom. This boat is asking for problems weighted up
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       12-29-2014, 5:17 AM Reply   
I think it looks good! Glad to see a small company pushing the boundaries some!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-29-2014, 6:29 AM Reply   
Some of the boat looks nice, but have to agree with the others…double observers seat is a deal killer!!
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       12-29-2014, 8:59 AM Reply   
I kind of dig the double observers seat. Pretty functional too. I am not a big Sanger guy, but cool to see something different and I could see that idea being shared by others.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       12-29-2014, 2:18 PM Reply   
More seats facing back is a big plus for me. I always have two sitting in the old observer seat anyway.
Now they just need to put that back support back that was behind the drivers seat in the V215. It was great.

Last edited by rallyart; 12-29-2014 at 2:21 PM.
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       12-29-2014, 4:24 PM Reply   
I like to see new ideas and manufacturers pushing the envelope on stuff. Everybody has their own tastes and even though I personally don't like alot of it, I think its great they are doing things differently. For me the dual observers seat is hideous even tho very functional. And the rear walk through valley is about as ugly.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-29-2014, 4:52 PM Reply   
lots of valuable real estate eaten up just for a back rest...
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       12-29-2014, 5:15 PM Reply   
Ugly. Looks like a wakecraft
Old     (wyotige)      Join Date: Dec 2014       12-29-2014, 6:41 PM Reply   
Man, that is one ugly boat. Sometimes newer designs grow on a guy with time...this one I'm sure will not. I for one, do like the double observer seats but like detox just said tons of space used up.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       12-30-2014, 12:09 AM Reply   
sanger needs to stop with these ugly arse new boats. the simple lines of their other boats look fine! this one is heinous, just like that other awful one. good god sanger, fire your designers

Last edited by aricsx15; 12-30-2014 at 12:11 AM.
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-30-2014, 7:50 AM Reply   
You know what's crazy? All these comments, but not one person questioned ballast setup, wake, surf systems, etc. I guess this is where we are with "wakeboarding."

I don't think it looks terrible. My biggest issue is the double swim platform, waste of space in my opinion.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       12-30-2014, 10:28 AM Reply   
Something about that tower looks proportionally off. Like it's either too high or too forward.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-30-2014, 10:40 AM Reply   
doesn't look like a sanger
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       12-30-2014, 11:34 AM Reply   
I have to agree that most of the interior seems like a lot of wasted space, especially with the double observer seat. From the front it doesn't look terrible, and I actually love the simple and mechanical look of the cockpit area, but otherwise I'm not a fan. I do like the double grab handles on the back, but the double swim deck along with the really low walk through valley screams water over the back with weight and an inexperienced driver. And I agree that the tower looks way outta proportion for the rest of it.

To the point of "not one person questioned ballast setup, wake, surf systems, etc. I guess this is where we are with "wakeboarding." I honestly don't care how good the wake/wave is, if it's uncomfortable and ugly as sin on the inside, I'm not gonna want to be in it. I'm not a huge fan of the way a G or ASR look from the outside (personally I think they're both ugly sitting on the trailer), but they both have good wakes and comfortable, spacious interiors. To me that trumps the outside appearance. If this boat had a nice, functional, and spacious interior, I think we could all get over the fact that it's ugly as hell on the outside too. But considering it doesn't really have anything going for it with an ugly exterior, an interior that wastes a ton of space, and an extremely low freeboard out back, I doubt this boat will do very well.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-30-2014, 1:31 PM Reply   
Swing-and-a-miss for me. What's the deal with that funky looking captains chair? Proportions on the tower are way off. Observer seat? NO. That rear deck area? Nope not feelin' it. That line on the rub rail is just terrible how it suddenly swoops upward.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       12-30-2014, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
You know what's crazy? All these comments, but not one person questioned ballast setup, wake, surf systems, etc. I guess this is where we are with "wakeboarding."

I don't think it looks terrible. My biggest issue is the double swim platform, waste of space in my opinion.
Honestly, if it passed the "aesthetic sniff test" I would love to hear about how it performs. Sadly, no matter how great the wake is, I guarantee I can find a boat in the same price range that has equal wake and looks MUCH better. So no, I really don't care what the wake looks like.

It's a very competitive market right now with LOTS of great wakes. If the boat doesn't look the part, it's not going to sell.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-30-2014, 5:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post

I think where we're at with all the new boats is some are better than others at one thing or another but none of them are complete d0g$hit... Does anyone buy a sanger thinking its going to have a better wake than a G or Mxz, etc at any sport?.. i'd say doubtful. I imagine anyone who's owned a smaller boat like the v210 or any dd and stepping up to this boat would be very concerned with the layout and if moving from another brand would be just as concerned with looks as the layout. A boat that feels small and cramped isn't fun to be in for long and if it doesn't look as good as another boat in the price point its not going to be bought. If sanger wants a piece of the pie they're going to have to appeal to both.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       12-31-2014, 1:42 PM Reply   
They will sell every one they build.
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       01-02-2015, 6:23 AM Reply   
agreed that it's not a good looking boat, but what's it going to retail for? if it's otd in the low50's,they will sell a ton of them. if it's in the high 60's-70, there will be a lot of new 2year old leftovers on dealer lots. boats keep getting more and more expensive. I think a lot of new boat buyers can look past some of the fugly things on this boat for a new model at a decent price. even if they really screw the hull up, it's still going to produce a wake that 75% of the general wakeboat population would deem "acceptable".

price will decide imo....
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-03-2015, 8:40 AM Reply   
You know what. Taking a second look at it.
Dare I say it...
Looks like an axis
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       01-03-2015, 11:28 AM Reply   
Check it!
Attached Images

Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2015, 6:51 PM Reply   
Well, they are both boats, but after that the similarity ends. Supra pickle forks maybe but mostly wakecraft imo.
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-03-2015, 7:29 PM Reply   
Being the owner of a 2014 Sanger, I didn't care for the tower either. That being said, with the Bimini up and racks full, the appearance is very nice and the functional shade coverage is excellent. Other than towing or storing the boat, my Bimini is always out and racks are obviously in use. Most of the boat pics I see on this site have their bimini in use, so this picture makes it look a bit naked and tall.

Unfortunately for Sanger, they were going for something unique in the dual observer seats but the flip up rear facing seat is the obvious solution, albeit very common now days.

What kills it for me is the rear hatch and transom on this boat. It does not flow with the lines of the boat and the transom taper, extra sit step and 3" less length is concerning. It should be a 22 ft boat with these features in my opinion.

Also, if the freeboard hasn't changed, and stock ballast supposedly moving up to as much as 3k, unless they made major improvements to the location of batteries, pumps and bow storage areas, this thing wI'll have next to ZERO storage for boat accessories or personal belongings, which i would say was my only concern when I bought my boat.

Personally, if I was buying a 2015 21-22 ft boat at this price point, I would buy an MB Sports or Supreme before this boat any day of the week and twice on Sunday. The F22 and v226 were my next choices but I liked the sleeker lines and more slalom friendly wake of Sanger.

Last edited by BaadLS1; 01-03-2015 at 7:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       01-03-2015, 8:07 PM Reply   
I wonder how the guys at sanger would feel about all this negative opinions. Gotta be super concerning.
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       01-04-2015, 6:55 AM Reply   
if anything the dip in the side rails resemble mastercrafts new look
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-04-2015, 7:51 AM Reply   
WW has the pulse of the boating community like CNN reflects the views of the whole country, LOL
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-04-2015, 11:14 AM Reply   
It's easy to get swept up in wakeworld hysteria but the WW community is a tiny subset of the boat buying market and imo not very indicative of the markets general perception
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2015, 1:35 PM Reply   
Hahaha! Nice call Tigé Mike. Its a nice boat. Are their a couple of out of the box things about this boat? Yes, but that has always been the way and created innovation. Sanger has always marched to its own beat and that's one of the things I love about them. They've been building solid boats since 1954 and I'm sure in that time they've had many, many people hate on some of their new designs. I really like almost everything abot this boat. Its pretty damn hard from a picture to decide if you'd like the double observer seat or how the tower actually looks, especially as stated above, all loaded up with speakers, boards, etc. Its a good looking boat, its appears to be very functional and knowing Sanger it most likely puts out a great wakeboard wake and an amazing surf wave.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-04-2015, 1:36 PM Reply   
Oh and it looks absolutely nothing like that Axis.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       01-05-2015, 6:40 AM Reply   
^^very true
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       01-07-2015, 11:10 PM Reply   

I think they are both ugly