Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (malibuxlv)      Join Date: Feb 2011       08-09-2011, 6:19 PM Reply   
Hey guys, on some of my wake to wake jumps i pop off the wake and the front of my board is way higher then the back of my board in the air (creating the "wheelie" motion). I dont really notice this in the air but the people in the boat tell me i do this...i know it has to be something that im doing wrong on takeoff (holding my edge longer?). Anybody have any tips to keep my board level in the air all the way across the wake?
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-10-2011, 11:50 AM Reply   
Make sure you keep equal weight on both feet and don't come off your edge too early
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       08-11-2011, 4:15 PM Reply   
Simple. Too much weight on your back foot. Push off evenly with both feet for your pop. Use that front leg!
Old     (rickdic)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-15-2011, 12:51 PM Reply   
Hey there; these guys are correct - you're probably riding with most of your weight on your back foot. Take a look at my reply to Jeff (search for 'help with my raley). Although he is doing a raley as opposed to a wake jump, the principles are the same with regard to weight distribution. Remember, "how you leave the water is how you land". Your legs should always have the same amount of bend (i.e. one leg should NOT be bent more than the other). Also, on your heelside, try to watch where the rope attaches to the boat (i.e. the ball on top of the tower) the whole way through your jump as this will also tend to keep you in a good position.

Rick
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-28-2012, 9:04 PM Reply   
yup very common mistake we all start with.
definatly get more weight on the front foot. think about kicking the wake with your front foot as you hit it.