Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (North_LA_Hunter)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-31-2015, 6:21 AM Reply   
Hello all!

I have been looking at the Pavati boats for a little while and thinking about trying to build a aluminum wakeboard hull.

I build aluminum mud boat hulls currently for a hobby and wondering why I don't just build me a wakeboard hull.

But I've never owned a inboard so I'm not really sure what exactly it is supposed to ride like or how to build the bottom of the hull to accommodate the v drive system. I've seen one picture of the bottom of the Pavati hull and it looks fairly simple.

I guess my question is, would it be worth my while to build one now? Or should I wait and own a few boats to see how they need to be built? Or would it be a waste of my time?

The main reason I want to build one is just to say I did it I guess.

Not sure about cost yet but I think I could build it for around $25k+ depending on how deep I go into it!

Thanks for any replies!

Here's a few pictures of my hulls.