Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Meyeronfire)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-20-2013, 3:28 AM Reply   
Wanting to install a decent stereo system in my boat. Looking at 2 skylon vector 8" tower speakers new for $700 from a buddy. Also wanting to replace the 4 inboat 6 1/2 speakers and also a new headunit considering the one I have doesnt have an AUX connection! Also looking for a 1 sub and of course I'll need amps. Let me here some cost effective ideas!
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-20-2013, 5:58 AM Reply   
I have a 2000 supra launch and I will likely upgrade to a clarion head unit that has a USB to play music which I will convert to bluetooth. I will also add a clarion remote and I will have ipod controls on the head unit and wired remote mounted on the transom. I've been looking on eBay and there not to pricey. I also currently have kicker kmt60 tower speakers but I'm going to upgrade to KM65002 speakers because I've found them on amazon for $300. Anyone know if they can fit in my kmt60 enclosure? I may even just use my kmt60 speakers as my in-boat speakers because they are super loud just not enough to really hear clearly wakeboarding.
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-20-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
Id go with a JL w3 under the driver console, Kicker 6.5 interior, and JL xd amps.
Old     (Meyeronfire)      Join Date: Jul 2013       11-20-2013, 12:15 PM Reply   
What size amps and how many do you guys think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-21-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
I have installed (or sold) several stereo packages for that era of the Launch. If you don't have a heater, the kick panel for the driver is a great spot for the sub.
You can keep it on the cheap with a 1 or 2 amp system, and as you know, you can drain your wallet. I've found there isn't much gain for the headache of bigger stereos regarding cost, install, batteries, etc.

Here are a couple oldie threads for you.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249930

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=683376

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=781703
Old     (mikebu)      Join Date: Aug 2008       11-21-2013, 11:19 AM Reply   
One option you may want to consider that would let you keep your old deck is getting something like the Exile Audio Zone Controller Preamp. This lets you control the volume levels of all 3 zones independently: sub in-boat and tower, and it gives you a Aux input you can connect your media player to. You would need a Amp to drive each zone and not use the existing deck to drive a zone like your in-boats.

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.ph...er-preamp.html

Wetsounds also has something similar I believe.

In my boat a 07 21V, we replaced the Oem sub with a custom built sealed enclosure and moved the heater forward. Amp wise you probably want a dedicated amp for your tower speakers and if you want to save money get a 5 channel amp to drive your sub and in-boat speakers instead of a separate amp for those zones. Exile has a new 5 channel Javelin amp not sure that meets your budget constraints.