Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (luxpdr)      Join Date: Feb 2015       05-02-2015, 11:45 AM Reply   
I got a pair of rev8 off someone and cannot seem to be able to find anywhere i can get the male connector for my 12awg speaker wire to plug into the rev8 cans, any one able to help?
Attached Images

Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-02-2015, 12:06 PM Reply   
Did they not come with clamps? The other half is part of the fixed and swivel clamps. If the pods were X mount, there would have been just a connector with 2 pigtails in the box with the speakers.
Old     (luxpdr)      Join Date: Feb 2015       05-02-2015, 12:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
Did they not come with clamps? The other half is part of the fixed and swivel clamps. If the pods were X mount, there would have been just a connector with 2 pigtails in the box with the speakers.
No they didn't come with mounts, as they wouldn't do any good since they were on a tube tower and i have an illusion tower.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-02-2015, 12:37 PM Reply   
Sure easy fix is go to radio shack and get new ones for both sides
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       05-02-2015, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxpdr View Post
No they didn't come with mounts, as they wouldn't do any good since they were on a tube tower and i have an illusion tower.
If what you have pictured is the pod side of the harness thats wired to the cross over, then what you need is likely with the clamps you didnt get. Since those pods were originally intended for tube mounts, you will not only need the male connector with leads, but possible the non-threaded backing plate for inside the pod, whats in there, is threaded so the tube clamp can bolt to it. Converting to x-mounts requires a non-threaded plate for bolting through the pod into the tower.

In a pinch, replace the connector. for the plate, remove it and drill the threads out to accommodate the bolts.
Old     (dilpickle)      Join Date: Aug 2013       05-03-2015, 8:25 AM Reply   
You should be able to get the male side of that connector from any hobby shop that carries hobby quality R/C cars (Losi, Kyosho, Traxxas, Tamiya, etc.)-that is what they would call a "Tamiya-style" plug.
Old     (99ProAir)      Join Date: May 2015       05-06-2015, 9:19 AM Reply   
You need Wet Sounds ADP Retro Kit.

https://wetsounds.com/pages/products/accessories.html
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       05-06-2015, 9:39 AM Reply   
You can source the retro adapter kit for WAY less than they sell it directly from Wetsounds. Any stereo shop more than likely has this and can build it to your liking for 1/2 the price. I constructed both of mine myself from a stereo surplus store for like 17.99+tax out the door.
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-06-2015, 9:41 AM Reply   
If you have a set of REV 8 without the clamps and need to mount them to the Illusion tower.

You need a "X kit" This is a conversion kit to convert your housings to a X style (direct to illusion mount) The kit includes a new internal plate with no threads, top spacer plates for flat surface mounting to the Illusion, all the hardware to bolt to the tower and the speaker plugs.

You can call us at 877-938-7757 to order.

Just getting a new plug won't solve the issue. (you can cut off and butt connect to the tower and not need the plug anyway) however you still need the internal plate without the threads and hardware and top plates. Just drilling the internal plates on the inside plate and butt connecting still leaves the need for the top spacer plates as the speaker will not mount correctly without these.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-06-2015, 9:44 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ProAir View Post
No this is not the adapter in this situation. The retro adapter is used when someone has a set of Pro 80 with the speak-on connectors and upgrades to rev 8 or rev 10 which have internal wiring and doesn't want to re wire. they want to still use the speak-on style plugs.

These are also used when mounting to a fishing boat T Top. We have a lot that hard bolt an X mount style direct to the T Top using our T Top kit but since the tops are usually solid with no wiring inside. You use the Retro kit to plug the wire into the back of the speaker.

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (luxpdr)      Join Date: Feb 2015       05-06-2015, 9:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetsounds1 View Post
If you have a set of REV 8 without the clamps and need to mount them to the Illusion tower.

You need a "X kit" This is a conversion kit to convert your housings to a X style (direct to illusion mount) The kit includes a new internal plate with no threads, top spacer plates for flat surface mounting to the Illusion, all the hardware to bolt to the tower and the speaker plugs.

You can call us at 877-938-7757 to order.

Just getting a new plug won't solve the issue. (you can cut off and butt connect to the tower and not need the plug anyway) however you still need the internal plate without the threads and hardware and top plates. Just drilling the internal plates on the inside plate and butt connecting still leaves the need for the top spacer plates as the speaker will not mount correctly without these.

Tim
Wet Sounds

thanks everyone and i will be calling friday to get the correct mounts ordered!