Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (rippenricky)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-02-2017, 2:35 PM Reply   
I was wondering if the WHIP and the OLI slingshot boards and both good board in both categories. I am looking to purchase the 2016 whip but not sure if its a good board for the wake. The oli is also a option. If there is other board that are good crossover boards please tell me . Feedback is wanted.

thanks everyone
Old     (rippenricky)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-02-2017, 4:31 PM Reply   
are the option slingshot boots for boat and cable?
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-02-2017, 5:23 PM Reply   
I don't have personal experience with either of those boards (I've ridden the recoil, response, and Windsor) but I have heard from numerous threads on these forums that both of those boards are good for both boat and cable. Definitely the best crossover boards in slingshots lineup from what I understand . Probably want to stay away from the option bindings unless you are trying to same money
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       05-02-2017, 7:05 PM Reply   
^^ "save money"
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-02-2017, 8:39 PM Reply   
I rode a whip on the cable several years ago and would not think it a boat board. I think it would be a really loose board and not expect great pop. Could be the design is a lot different now. But I wouldn't doubt if someone who likes riding their whip on the cable would like riding it on the boat.
Old     (rippenricky)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-02-2017, 9:35 PM Reply   
the slingshot oli seems to be a great board. oli Derome rides it on boat and cable. also the website Blem boards , is it trust worthy or a scam.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-02-2017, 10:40 PM Reply   
Blemboard is legit.
You have to understand what you are buying and that is a blemished board (i.e. cosmetic defect but still fully functional). Most mfgs offer and honor the mfg warranty even on blems.

There is one pretty rough review here on this site about blemboard.com, but it was a guy who ordered the wrong size board and then expected free return shipping (it costs $30 min to ship a board, so when you buy with free shipping you are getting a deal).

I think many have had great experiences and you'll probably see them chime in later down this thread. I bought a remote wakeskate from them and had good communication and quick shipping on top of great price.

I have bought several blems in the past, in many cases the cosmetic issue was so minor you really had to look to find it. With a SS board and the way they print the graphics they're really not 100% consistent board to board anyway, think it would be hard to spot an blem in that Oli graphic.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-03-2017, 5:13 AM Reply   
We had a thread on here with a guy making that same complaint about returning a board. Wonder if it was the same. He looked pretty foolish. After everyone told him he was wrong it didn't seem to make much difference. I can imagine that a good rider can make a board crossover just fine. It's not like you are going to be a star with a board on the cable and suck with the same board on the boat. My cable board crosses over just fine. It's just that I'd rather have a board that works best on the boat. I wouldn't mind buying a blem at all.

Last edited by fly135; 05-03-2017 at 5:16 AM.
Old     (troberts2)      Join Date: Jan 2017       05-03-2017, 5:28 AM Reply   
I actually have the 2016 Whip and the 2017 Oli. I'll tell you first hand both of these boards are just as good behind a boat as any other thing out there. I ride 70% boat/30% winch/park. Do not be scared of the crossover description. The Whip rides a little faster than my Oli but the Oli has more pop.
Old     (rippenricky)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-03-2017, 11:58 AM Reply   
My son is 13 years old and 85 pounds and 5 feet tall . Should he be riding an 136cm , 135cm , or 139cm
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-03-2017, 12:19 PM Reply   
He should be riding what feels good. In another thread I claimed the board itself is a more important consideration than the size. Even the board selection may change preferred size. I'd say that you should probably stick to the lower end of that range and demo. So I'd cross off the 139 as a probability. Even a 132 -134 might be the glove fit. Given that he's likely to grow fairly quickly at this point you might want slightly larger than optimal. But it's fairly easy to ride across a broad range of sizes.
Old     (troberts2)      Join Date: Jan 2017       05-04-2017, 5:07 AM Reply   
Im 5'5 135ish and I ride the 136 Oli. The Whip is a 135.
Old     (rippenricky)      Join Date: Apr 2017       05-04-2017, 4:10 PM Reply   
I need help to pick which board... 2016 Slingshot Whip pls help!
or 2017 Slingshot OLI
Old     (kramer)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-04-2017, 9:27 PM Reply   
I got the 2017 oli from blemboards and love it. All my riding is behind boat too. I would recommend going with a 2017 slingshot to stay away from the fast track system.