Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-05-2016, 10:28 AM Reply   
Which boat in your guys' opinion is the best of these two? Both have prices around 150k and both are completely loaded.... Which do you guys favor??
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       04-05-2016, 11:06 AM Reply   
2 boats no one on here has lol
Old     (tjb1080)      Join Date: Jun 2010       04-05-2016, 11:12 AM Reply   
If you can get a Malibu M235 for under 150K you should jump all over it.
Also, Nothing against Pavati (Ive never been in one) but if you ever want to sell your boat in the future the Malibu is the way to go. not to mention service and parts.
Then of course there is the wakeboard wake and surf wake, Malibu has this dialed.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-05-2016, 11:24 AM Reply   
Even if the 2 perform anywhere close, for that kind of money the lack of a name(Pavati) makes it no comparison.

I truly wonder how an untested company thinks people are gonna jump on board at that pricing. Does anyone on here own one? Does anyone even know someone who owns one? This would be like Kia building a super car and pricing it the same as a Ferrari. Untested and unknown, but pay the same as the top of the heap. Resale is never going to be there or anywhere close, IMO.

Atleast the other companies trying to step in have more reasonable pricing(Gekko, wake tractor, etc.), well as reasonable as tow boats go.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-05-2016, 11:58 AM Reply   
Pavati for 150K? pretty high for an unproven.... everything.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-05-2016, 12:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjb1080 View Post
If you can get a Malibu M235 for under 150K you should jump all over it.
Agreed. Where did you see around 150k for an M235?! Should be more than that.

Haven't ridden either of them and would be curious to see the wake behind the Pavati. I don't think it'd even be close performance wise, but I'm willing to be proven wrong.

Last edited by Jmaxymek; 04-05-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-05-2016, 2:01 PM Reply   
Pavati- http://youtu.be/TSvX0-f2-PE

M235-
Old     (Onebadssv)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-05-2016, 2:35 PM Reply   
I would rather see a comparison of the Malibu VS a new G25
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       04-05-2016, 3:34 PM Reply   
Once you are able to option out a M235, $150K would be low, but not outside of reason. ^^^That is a better comparison.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-05-2016, 6:35 PM Reply   
I have never seen a pic or vid of the wakeboard wake or anyone wakeboarding behind the Pavati, only surfing. It looks like a cool boat but I'm with everyone else that it won't sell at that pricing. Has anyone seen any wakeboarding behind one?
Old     (lipslide08)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-05-2016, 7:36 PM Reply   
i think you should test drive a ducati, a shelby 350r, and a new moomba mojo. All three vs either of those boats you listed seem like a lot more stretch of the dollar.
Old     (lipslide08)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-05-2016, 7:44 PM Reply   
If i was given 150k and had to choose i would go with the pavati. Looks alone set it apart. Its another league. Sparkly gelcoat vs. solid aluminum with some powder coat is no contest. As far as the wake who on here is to say its not better than the malibu? If it could be worse then it could also be better. No way of no knowing without giving it a try.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-05-2016, 8:47 PM Reply   
Seems like the Pavati is still a Unicorn.

Massi and Chad Sharpe are both riding M235s I believe. I suggest you follow them on Facebook and Ig. You can see video, and I'm sure they'll respond to you if you reach out. From what I've seen on the M, it looks reeeeeeally good. Clearly a directly answer to the G23. There's just not a lot of information yet to know if it stands up.
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       04-06-2016, 8:33 AM Reply   
Is it just me, or does the Pavati tower look like it obstructs the drivers side view?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-06-2016, 8:43 AM Reply   
lower half of the tower looks like it would be in the way.

It may very well be worth 150K, just doesn't make a lot of sense for essentially their prototype to have a price tag similar to that of the flagship boats of well established high end companies.

also looks like a lot of spray coming of the hull at wakeboard speed. probably an easy fix but that would get annoying
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-06-2016, 10:56 AM Reply   
delete this thread, no one owns a Pavati here
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-06-2016, 11:33 AM Reply   
Delete - I would like to hear more. Iv'e owned and ridden on many different boats and I remember when Malibu was the new kid on the block and I would not touch them. I own one now.

I don't particularly like the look of the Pavati but there is nothing wrong with the all aluminum concept. It should be a long lasting durable hull. Most concerning warrant-able parts on the boat are supplied by third party manufacturers anyway.

I would love to see them become a viable manufacturer. Buy one and report back to us all on the boats performance. I would love to hear your thoughts.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-06-2016, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipknot View Post
delete this thread, no one owns a Pavati here
Exactly. No one has one but everyone is quick to say take the Malibu.

The best advice would be to go out and test both and make your own decision.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-06-2016, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by srock View Post
Delete - I would like to hear more. Iv'e owned and ridden on many different boats and I remember when Malibu was the new kid on the block and I would not touch them. I own one now.

I don't particularly like the look of the Pavati but there is nothing wrong with the all aluminum concept. It should be a long lasting durable hull. Most concerning warrant-able parts on the boat are supplied by third party manufacturers anyway.

I would love to see them become a viable manufacturer. Buy one and report back to us all on the boats performance. I would love to hear your thoughts.
its just a $150K leap of faith. and if you don't love it (or the company isn't around cause they sold 4 boats) can you unload it on someone else? not for anywhere near what you paid. I think they've priced themselves too high to break into the market with any volume
Old     (dp513)      Join Date: Jul 2011       04-06-2016, 12:27 PM Reply   
just buy both.....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-06-2016, 12:58 PM Reply   
I'll say this, as someone who could in no way afford either of these boats ... If I was spending $130k+ on a boat I would probably be looking at a G23. If I was going to take a flyer on one of the other monster deep hull wake barges Pavati seems really awesome despite the risks. All of their promo material and features I've seen (without actually being in one) make it look quite awesome... lots of features on this boat that I think we'll see in similar boats going forward.

I feel if you have no brand loyalty to date, G23 seems to be king. If you are a fan of another brand, you have options that can compete.

.... if Pavati would like to supply me with a demo boat for the summer, I'll gladly test it and report with my findings.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-06-2016, 1:39 PM Reply   
I second Nicks offer! I spend a lot of time at the lake in the summer(Table Rock Lake in Mo) and would be happy to get people educated!!!
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-06-2016, 6:42 PM Reply   
I agree with sidekicknicholas ... G23 all the way! I've been inside a M235 and nothing about that boat says $150k+ to me. Although the wake and surf wave may be exceptional, but I doubt it is that much better than a G23. And at $150k, that surely isn't that loaded of a boat. And you can get a G23 pretty much fully loaded for less than that!
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-06-2016, 8:17 PM Reply   
Says the guy who just got a g23...and more than likely at a great price. 😉
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       04-07-2016, 6:27 AM Reply   
I've seen one Pavati in person, and follow them on Facebook, and I gotta say, they make one of the best looking boats out there right now. If I had that money to throw at a boat, I'd get what I liked, not what the next guy who buys my boat is going to like. If I took a hit on re-sale, so be it. But that's just me. check them both out, and get what you like. Most people here haven't ridden either
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-07-2016, 7:01 AM Reply   
Does anyone even know someone who has got a pull from a Pavati? They were at Surf Expo when I went I heard the guy telling everyone boats are selling all over the world for $150K. Dubai, etc. etc. Is there a dealer for them? This boat is not in the same league as a M235 and a G23. Sorry guys, just saying.
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       04-07-2016, 8:00 AM Reply   
They have been making boats for years but recently got into the wake scene. Personally I love them just from the pics and short vids I've seen online. They do have a few dealers in the states including one in NorCal.

I also came across a 15' for 140k

http://www.xtrememarineinc.com/m_veh...=4216667&ps=10

Obviously it's hard to compare apples to oranges without test driving them both. If I had that kind of money to spend I think I would get the Pavati just to be different, but hey that's me.
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-07-2016, 8:10 AM Reply   
As soon as nautique comes out with an aluminum boat every one will jump all over it as the best idea ever.
Old     (larsonmarine)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-07-2016, 3:00 PM Reply   
LARSON MARINE has a black/silver metallic M235 if you want to see one in person.
It has EVERY option!!
Attached Images

Old     (BOWZ)      Join Date: Apr 2013       04-07-2016, 5:00 PM Reply   
Hey guys, been in two Pavati's, never on the water, fit and finish is as perfect as it could get. I love the aluminum hull idea. Here is the 2nd one this shop has had for sale.

AL24

BOWZ
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-07-2016, 5:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteflashwatersports1 View Post
As soon as nautique comes out with an aluminum boat every one will jump all over it as the best idea ever.
I don't think anyone thinks that aluminum construction is a bad idea. It's definitely better than FG, but not easier/cheaper.

More worry about Pavati not being experienced with wakeboat design.

I'd definitely buy an aluminum Nautique... Or MC, Supra, or Bu, for that matter.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       04-07-2016, 6:04 PM Reply   
I have been behind a pavati and it is legit. Super nice boat and fit and finish is as good as it gets
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       04-07-2016, 8:13 PM Reply   
The pavati is waaay better looking imo. That thing looks sick. If I had 150k for a boat id buy that. But I'd never spend that much on a boat. I'll just keep swooping them up for 15-20k 15 years later with 200 hours on them. 😉
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-08-2016, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
I have been behind a pavati and it is legit. Super nice boat and fit and finish is as good as it gets
What does that mean? Surf? Wakeboarding? Skiing?

I find it a little suspicious that we have yet to see any high level riding behind the boat. If this is a great wakeboarding boat, then why haven't they picked up a pro to promote the product? I've seen a few surfing shots, but surfing is of no interest to me.
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-08-2016, 7:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn_rider View Post
Says the guy who just got a g23...and more than likely at a great price. 😉
Haha! Ya got me! But for real though...I did really check out a M235 and gave it a shot...and maybe the one I got to get in and around was just a poor example, but what I saw did not impress! And yeah...I DID get a great deal!
Old     (oakasrtheshiz)      Join Date: Jan 2015       04-08-2016, 8:30 PM Reply   
there is some wakeboarding in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSvX0-f2-PE
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       04-08-2016, 8:43 PM Reply   
Has anybody else noticed that almost all Pavati videos you can find all feature nice "personal floatation devices"?! Sex sells! But for real though, I personally like the Pavati better between the 2 mentioned by the OP. And the surf wake looks pretty legit. If you're into that kind of thing. I would still have to see the wakeboard wake however before dropping G money on a boat.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-10-2016, 12:10 AM Reply   
Looks like Tony Carroll riding in that vid Adam posted.

"there is some wakeboarding in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSvX0-f2-PE"
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       04-11-2016, 7:46 AM Reply   
Show me one person who owns a Pavati in the USA, please......who isn't associated with the company. Some people in Canada might buy it for the chilled cup holders LOL.

Last edited by slipknot; 04-11-2016 at 7:48 AM.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       04-11-2016, 1:12 PM Reply   
I'm not totally familiar with the process of building an aluminum wake boat. How do their hull shapes stay consistent from boat to boat?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-11-2016, 2:09 PM Reply   
Are you sure you can pick up a 2016 Pavati for $150k? I thought they were closer to $200k.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       04-11-2016, 2:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Are you sure you can pick up a 2016 Pavati for $150k? I thought they were closer to $200k.
Can't get an M235 for 150k either. They are both 170+.
Old     (JJwake)      Join Date: May 2014       04-12-2016, 12:41 PM Reply   
If you buy a pavati, at least you'll have one of the 2 boats they make this year.
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       04-12-2016, 4:58 PM Reply   
I am a Malibu fan...own one. But, if I had 200k or close to it to spend on a boat (toy) I would get the Pavati. That thing is just bad ass and no one else on your lake
is gonna have one. The aluminum hull should be bulletproof. Just my 2 cents.... and besides, if you have the kind of disposable income to buy a boat at this price, do you really care about resale values??

Last edited by dukeno1; 04-12-2016 at 5:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old     (scottbaker44)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-13-2016, 12:15 PM Reply   
I would see a Pavati out on Lake Lewisville/Grapevine Lake fairly often last year (I since moved away from Dallas). From a distance, the wave looked great to me and the boat looked awesome on the water. I wish I could say I got to ride behind it but I can't. I would probably go with the Pavati if it were me, but I think dealer relationship is another huge factor to consider. Does the Pavati dealer or the Malibu dealer seem to care about you as the customer more?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-13-2016, 12:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeno1 View Post
I am a Malibu fan...own one. But, if I had 200k or close to it to spend on a boat (toy) I would get the Pavati. That thing is just bad ass and no one else on your lake
is gonna have one. The aluminum hull should be bulletproof. Just my 2 cents.... and besides, if you have the kind of disposable income to buy a boat at this price, do you really care about resale values??
Ha! people with real wealth actually care. they didn't build their wealth by throwing 200K at whatever the next cool, nobody has one but me, toy. And not many folks are plopping down 200k for a toy, either. with rates where they are, you'd be a fool not to finance it. likely prepay the loan well before its due, but use that credit facility for sure.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-13-2016, 12:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottbaker44 View Post
I would see a Pavati out on Lake Lewisville/Grapevine Lake fairly often last year (I since moved away from Dallas). From a distance, the wave looked great to me and the boat looked awesome on the water. I wish I could say I got to ride behind it but I can't. I would probably go with the Pavati if it were me, but I think dealer relationship is another huge factor to consider. Does the Pavati dealer or the Malibu dealer seem to care about you as the customer more?
6 dealers in north america
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       04-13-2016, 12:52 PM Reply   
Why do you have such disdain for a new company trying to do something different? They should be a welcomed addition to the wakeboarding community and not be thrown under the bus, especially when it appears nobody has any real experience with them. I don't get it.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-19-2016, 2:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Why do you have such disdain for a new company trying to do something different? They should be a welcomed addition to the wakeboarding community and not be thrown under the bus, especially when it appears nobody has any real experience with them. I don't get it.
I don't think anyone has a disdain for new boat companies coming to the market. But IMO a new company isn't going to attract many buyers at the highest price point in the entire industry. A loaded G is close to 150K. They've been building boats since 1926, since 1936 under the Correct Craft name. I'm guessing they've learned a thing or two in 9 decades.

Look at Tesla. They're revolutionizing the car industry, but the model 3 is $35K. IMO this is how a new company should price things. Get a few years and a few hundred units behind you, then start adding bells and whistles on a higher end model and price it that way. Wish them all the best.
Old     (oakasrtheshiz)      Join Date: Jan 2015       04-19-2016, 3:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
I don't think anyone has a disdain for new boat companies coming to the market. But IMO a new company isn't going to attract many buyers at the highest price point in the entire industry. A loaded G is close to 150K. They've been building boats since 1926, since 1936 under the Correct Craft name. I'm guessing they've learned a thing or two in 9 decades.

Look at Tesla. They're revolutionizing the car industry, but the model 3 is $35K. IMO this is how a new company should price things. Get a few years and a few hundred units behind you, then start adding bells and whistles on a higher end model and price it that way. Wish them all the best.
That is a terrible example since the model S is generally 100k car, the flagship and what was used by tesla as a new company. Only now are they in a position to offer the lower price option. You quite literally praised tesla for revolutionizing the car industry and then in your very next sentence explained the exact opposite of what tesla did.

Also pavati has been making boats since 2003 wake boats no, but nautique hasn't been making wake boats for 9 decades eiter.

this is purely conjecture but I bet that Pavatti has less of a profit margin than nautique does per boat.
Old     (rjklein4470)      Join Date: Aug 2013       04-19-2016, 9:36 PM Reply   
are you kidding me the M235 looks like dog food, it is ugly as sin. Pavati on the other hand looks great. Pavati vs G23 might be tuff, but I would still try out the Pavati.
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-20-2016, 9:01 AM Reply   
I just read that the new PAVATI AL-24 also comes with a LIFETIME WARRENTY!!! No way in hell a Malibu would ever come with that.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-20-2016, 11:37 AM Reply   
Lifetime warranty on what, exactly? The hull? Yeah, don't most manufacturers offer lifetime stringer/hull warranties?

There's simply no way Pavati is going to warranty electronics, engines, or any other stuff that it sources from third parties "for life." That's absurd.

It's easy to tell someone else to spend $160k on a boat with almost no dealer network. Sure, some people will do it too. It's like buying a $200k Radical track car as opposed to a Porsche GT3 RS. Sure, Radicals are amazing machines and are rare/exclusive. However, just wait until something breaks and you need a dealer to perform warranty/service work. While the GT3 RS may not be as rare, when something goes awry, you sure as heck can find a competent p-car dealer close by to get you going again.

Last edited by chattwake; 04-20-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-20-2016, 1:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakasrtheshiz View Post
That is a terrible example since the model S is generally 100k car, the flagship and what was used by tesla as a new company. Only now are they in a position to offer the lower price option. You quite literally praised tesla for revolutionizing the car industry and then in your very next sentence explained the exact opposite of what tesla did.

Also pavati has been making boats since 2003 wake boats no, but nautique hasn't been making wake boats for 9 decades eiter.

this is purely conjecture but I bet that Pavatti has less of a profit margin than nautique does per boat.
Model S is 70K, with one trim option going for $100. Not praising anyone, just using them as an example. Nobody has been making wakeboats for more than 20 years. CC has definitely been building BOATS for that long.

don't get me wrong, they're doing a lot of things right! but selling boats isn't one of them.
Old     (surf68)      Join Date: Jul 2017       07-11-2017, 5:19 PM Reply   
Malibu trust Me I own a pavati
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2017, 6:49 AM Reply   
The Pavati is pretty wild. I feel bad Paul has now had 2 of them and I have yet to come over and check Out either one but from what I have heard they are Bad A$$.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-12-2017, 6:53 AM Reply   
^^^that thing rides pretty good for how many people he had in it. That day he must have been rolling 13 deep. My boat would be on the bottom of the lake with 13 peeps LOL
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       07-12-2017, 9:43 AM Reply   
If pavati would have made an all electric aluminum boat you could compare them to tesla. I live on a small lake and we rarely spend more than 3 hours on the water most of the time its 2 or less of actual running an engine.

make an all electric 21 foot boat with 3-4 hours run time that will charge up in an hour or 2 for lunch and you've got a real new revolutionary product. just making it out of aluminum and charging top dollar isnt gonna get you anywhere in this industry with top players coming in under you.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-12-2017, 10:04 AM Reply   
the comparison I was making had more to do with new companies and their price points. Not electric powered vehicles.... cool idea tho.

boat reminds me of 2nd gen xstar - a lot
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-13-2017, 9:24 AM Reply   
They must be selling. I see them all the time only because I drive past where they are made everyday. See boats going out not tons but a few. When I see them at the lake they are normally taking pictures so haven't seen anyone riding behind it yet.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-14-2017, 12:59 PM Reply   
no comparison