Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (slappie75078)      Join Date: May 2010       08-30-2010, 9:52 AM Reply   
Guys,

I bought some Spray Nine at my local supplier because it was said to be good and it was cheap.
I used it about a month ago and it cleaned the vinyl the best of anything I have used. Could have been the brush, the cleaner, or both but it worked great.

I used it again this weekend before putting the boat away and when I sprayed it out it was clear but then turned yellow in spots on my white vinyl. It came out in the sun but has anyone experienced this before?

I am thinking it could be a reaction with something else on the vinyl - sunscreen, 303 protectant, etc.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Used Spray nine for years and have never seen it do that before.
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
We use the Spray Nine Marine and have never had any issue's.
Old     (slappie75078)      Join Date: May 2010       08-30-2010, 11:50 AM Reply   
Figured that would be the case.

I happened on my brother's boat too. We store them each on a lift, covered right beside each other.

He has not used 303 and I have but we both have kids, wives, and lots of sunscreen that gets on the vinyl.

That is the only thing I can think of that it may be reacting too. Weird.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-30-2010, 11:51 AM Reply   
Your not using aerosol sunscreen are you?
Old     (slappie75078)      Join Date: May 2010       08-30-2010, 1:56 PM Reply   
Yes, we do use it sometimes. I try to make everyone put it on before getting on the boat or to put it on standing on the swim deck but it does not always work that way with wife and kids aboard (6 and 8 year old).

Have you found the aerosol sunscreen causes this type of thing?
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-30-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Yes, lots of people have found it turns your interior yellow.
Old     (slappie75078)      Join Date: May 2010       08-30-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
OK, I am throwing all that crap away then.

That makes lots of sense, now that I think about it. I do have lots of aerosol sunscreen use on the boat.

Thanks, Wakeworld detectives.