Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (matthewnunziata)      Join Date: Aug 2015       08-28-2015, 12:05 PM Reply   
What is the best surf boat system
-NSS
-Mastercraft Gen 2
-Surf Gate
-Taps 3
Old     (mancho)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-28-2015, 12:26 PM Reply   
Centurion / Quick surf pro
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-28-2015, 12:41 PM Reply   
only ridden the surfgate and NSS. But riding a Malibu 22' MXZ with gates and approx 2000lbs we couldnt even let go of the rope in 10-14' of water but rode my new G23 with 3000lbs in the same exact spot was able to ride 20' back. so for shallower water and a not quite apples to apples comaprison Id say NSS but I really wouldve liked to ride a Gated Malibu in deep water with a driver that knows how to set up their boat. I know it wouldve been a very different experience than the test ride I had but am not still sure it wouldve been better than a NSS'd G23
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-28-2015, 12:42 PM Reply   
The one that is on your boat.

In all seriousness, how can one really tell? What makes a good surf wave is the combination of hull, ballast, and the surf system. Unless you put the same surf system on the same hull and test in the same conditions, who can really say which "surf system" is the best? Even then, it is going to be all up to preference.

All I can say is the NSS on my G23 works well.

Last edited by schmo; 08-28-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Added some content
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-28-2015, 12:48 PM Reply   
Sanger v215 with a ghetto gate and a gang of hoes
Old     (onetogofast)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-28-2015, 12:58 PM Reply   
Jmorlan nailed it!!! Except I am rocking the MB F21 with gates.
Old     (Shakarocks)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-28-2015, 2:16 PM Reply   
I think NSS and Surf Gate revolve around the same principle and work well. I like the hull of the G's better for surfing than the Wakesetter's so I prefer them. I think leaving out the new Centurion system is folly. It's system combined with Cats and the deep V hull is very very good.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-28-2015, 2:41 PM Reply   
Who cares? Surfing is a bore.
Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-28-2015, 5:39 PM Reply   
The swell system is pretty good. I have only rode the swell and the surfgate so comparing the two I think the surfgate makes a better wave out of the box for sure, but with the swell system you have so many different ways to make the wave to your liking. I dont know if you care how the boat drives but I will say driving with the swell system is alot easier.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-28-2015, 7:18 PM Reply   
i think you should list all manufacturers surf systems if your going to make a thread like this... you missed a couple..
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       08-29-2015, 5:38 AM Reply   
Surfed the Supreme surf system yesterday on the new 238 and it was awesome. As good as listed I would say. Was super surprised how good it was