Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Chorn)      Join Date: Oct 2014       02-28-2015, 2:34 PM Reply   
I only have experience with the Supreme V226 in rough water on a big lake - and have always been comfortable due to the deep V and high gunnels. My wife is always looking for more comfort in this regard, however. I have also read that Tige surfboats do very well in rough water and was wondering whether anyone had experience with both makes under rough conditions?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-28-2015, 3:38 PM Reply   
Are you looking at a Z1 or a Z3? Possibly a ASR? All would do well on rough water in this order ASR - best,Z3 - good Z1 - adequate.
Old     (LKASurfing)      Join Date: Nov 2011       03-03-2015, 3:23 AM Reply   
Pretty simple, just stay with looking at the hull below the water Line. The Supreme or a Centurion are deep V hulls and excel in this area. Plus with the trim tab you can press that bow down to break the water even more!
Old     (Knotayooper)      Join Date: Jul 2014       03-10-2015, 4:11 PM Reply   
Tige Z3 does well.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-11-2015, 7:06 AM Reply   
My RZ2 seems to do well in the rough water as well...just have to keep the nose up if there are big swells or the waves will come over the picklefork.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-11-2015, 3:08 PM Reply   
the rz2 is a great boat, not as friendly in rough water as the z3, all the centurion supreme boats are uber deep v so its hard to compare. you will love the rz2 and the z3 our group have all 3 plus 2 enzo's and we all agree that the the z3 and the enzo's and the supreme are the better of the group.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       03-11-2015, 5:49 PM Reply   
Yeah, Z3/Z1 have a lot of freeboard too so you will feel more comfortable in the rough water as well.
Old     (Chorn)      Join Date: Oct 2014       03-12-2015, 5:41 PM Reply   
So the consensus seems to be supreme/centurion and the z3? We are currently in a 2011 supreme v226....so I guess I would lean towards the Centurion Enzo when it comes time to upgrade since they are built by the same company a supreme? Unless the z3 was distinctly better? The deep V hull is very reassuring and we have never taken water over the bow even on rough days on a large lake.
Old    dbrayton1            04-21-2015, 8:34 AM Reply   
I had the same requirement and went with a MB. Way better build quality than the supreme or even Tige and Centurion IMO.
Old    dbrayton1            04-21-2015, 8:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
Yeah, Z3/Z1 have a lot of freeboard too so you will feel more comfortable in the rough water as well.
Not really. Have you seen all the z1 videos of them listing past the rub rail?