Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-11-2012, 12:23 PM Reply   
So i have been doing extensive research since my contract just ended with AT&T. I recently switched to straight talk and havent had any problems. I plan to get the new Nexus 4 on Tuesday. I stumbled across a company called Solavei. They use TMobile's network. But this will allow me to fully utilize the Nexus 4 since TMobile has HSPA+. I'll share some of my research with ya'll in case anyone else is in the same boat.

Overview
Straight talk
45 a month
Unlimited Talk/Text
Unlimited Web (3g) Most customers report throttling at 2gb
They will kick you off if they see you tethering.

Solavei
49 a month
Unlimited Talk/Text
Unlimited Web (4g HSPA+42)
Web will be throttled to 2g speeds once 4gb is reached.
Tethering allowed

So i think Solavei will be my best bet. I have signed up and ordered the sim card from them and will begin test the week after Thanksgiving. I will report what I find here.

Disclaimer: Solavei has chosen a social marketing plan. If anyone is interested in signing up you have to have a sponsor and I would be glad to sponsor you. Just PM me.

Here is a link to their site: www.solavei.com/discountcell

If anyone has any input or has used it I would be interested to see how you like it. Or what service you are using. I really think Solavei is unbeatable currently.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-14-2012, 3:49 AM Reply   
well After google's ridiculously terrible launch of the Nexus 4 yesterday. I somehow ended up with one. So i will let everyone know how the speed tests differ from straight talk to Solavei. over the next 2 weeks with the nexus 4. Also going to show the difference between the nexus 4 and iphone 4 on the straight talk network.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-14-2012, 7:41 AM Reply   
What was so bad about it? They sold out didn't they?
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-14-2012, 12:34 PM Reply   
Their servers were not ready to handle the traffic and actually handeled it horribly. Also if anyone here wants a Nexus 4 8gb i will sell it to you for what i paid plus the cost to ship it to you. 337 + shipping. they are sold out now i ended up with an 8 and a 16 after a full hour of trying. No need for 2 phones. PM me.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-14-2012, 1:00 PM Reply   
Do they accept micros SD cards? My buddy wants to get one. I'd probably be interested if I could use it on Verizon
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-14-2012, 1:45 PM Reply   
Yeah they are micro SD ... cant use them on Verizon... But you could do Solavei. Its 49 bucks a month unlimited everything 4g data limited to 4gb/month. its well worth it i think. plus you have the opportunity to sign up your buddies and make some extra money.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-14-2012, 3:19 PM Reply   
let me know if either of you are interested and i'll send you my referral link.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-15-2012, 5:05 PM Reply   
The nexus 4 failure. Google should leave eCommerce to someone more experienced. After getting confirmation emails for both my phone and my wifes new Nexus 4. Today they send an email saying it is back ordered and we may get them sometime in the next 3 weeks.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       11-29-2012, 11:35 AM Reply   
Nexus 4 is getting delivered today . Swapping straighttalk for solavei tonight!! can't wait.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       12-26-2012, 9:33 AM Reply   
So I have been using Solavei for over a month now. Service is great... I dont think you can really get a better service for the money than this right now. I have signed up a few of my friends and now get paid for my cell phone. If anyone is interested drop me a PM. Solavei is also fully supporting AT&T iPhones now.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-16-2013, 3:56 AM Reply   
Is no one interested in this think of all the extra gas and gear money you will have with this. i was paying over 85 bucks a month with ATT for my phone my wife was paying the same. In a little over a month we have no bill and we are bringing home an extra income. If you are out of contract there is nothing to lose. Just give it a try. www.thepurplepays.com
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       01-26-2013, 3:35 PM Reply   
Alright so been on it officially 2 full month now... i signed my wife up i signed my parents up. This is a pyramid system, but mark my words it will be talked about like facebook was in 2 years. Because of three reasons other "pyramids" don't have
1. This is actually something no one in today's society can live without
2. It's cheaper than the competitor
3. The Social system is at an all time high.

Bonus 4. They pay you for telling your friends.

Someone please tell me if I'm insane here. But i don't see a flaw.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-27-2013, 8:44 PM Reply   
Never heard of it.
Old     (magic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-27-2013, 11:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorider View Post
Never heard of it.
It's TMobile being resold. Pretty common with mobile carriers, they will wholesale their network to an other company that then retails it under a different name. Nothing wrong with it, if you are happy with TMobile coverage it could be a way to reduce your bill.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-28-2013, 10:40 AM Reply   
Tmobile is horrible where I need coverage. So won't work for me.