Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-01-2015, 7:13 AM Reply   
So a lot of my friends have started using wax for their boards instead of traction pads. But now the wax is on their feet after a set and just using a rag or towel to get it off just ain't cutting it. Anybody have any ideas on something that can remove all the wax on their feet before they step back into the boat??
Old     (tmill)      Join Date: May 2011       07-01-2015, 9:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by durty_curt View Post
So a lot of my friends have started using wax for their boards instead of traction pads. But now the wax is on their feet after a set and just using a rag or towel to get it off just ain't cutting it. Anybody have any ideas on something that can remove all the wax on their feet before they step back into the boat??
use baby oil. it will melt it right off by why use wax when you can have Viskus...
Old     (rayatrogue)      Join Date: May 2013       07-01-2015, 2:34 PM Reply   
Try this stuff

http://agendasurf.com/shop/wakesurf/...lear-grip.html
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-01-2015, 3:49 PM Reply   
vegi oil, peanut butter, peanut oil, baby oil, mineral oil, get it. Any of these will work, keep lots of rags handy. Look online for actual wax removers. Pretty much all the larger surf wax companies sell a remover as well.

Nick
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       07-01-2015, 4:05 PM Reply   
Citrus based cleaner or goo gone should do the trick. The only thing is you will want to make sure to rinse it off really well so you are not slipping on your next surf set.
Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-09-2015, 7:14 AM Reply   
What Trevor said!....
I am really pumped on my Viskus traction.
http://viskus.com/
Grips like wax without all of the mess!
Attached Images

Last edited by piper907; 07-09-2015 at 7:18 AM.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       07-09-2015, 10:48 AM Reply   
looks interesting Corson.... hmmm
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-09-2015, 1:03 PM Reply   
I cant stand the gooey waxes. Sex Wax quick bumps or regular Sticky Bumps work great and dont leave your feet and boat a mess.
Old     (durty_curt)      Join Date: Apr 2008       07-10-2015, 6:23 AM Reply   
I like the idea of that viskus pad, may just have to tell my friends no more waxed boards on the boat..
Old     (xcz504d)      Join Date: Jul 2015       09-28-2015, 11:14 PM Reply   
Wetsuit booties... Surfers in cold ass regions surf all the time with their feet covered... Use that same concept to protect your boat, they can take them on and off. If they want to look cooler while surfing, get stomp pads or their own boat...
Old     (That_Guy)      Join Date: Aug 2015 Location: Central Ohio       09-29-2015, 6:42 AM Reply   
Pardon my ignorance, but why use wax instead of traction pads?
Old     (xcz504d)      Join Date: Jul 2015       09-29-2015, 7:55 AM Reply   
Traction with wax is significantly better.
Old     (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-30-2015, 10:56 PM Reply   
I just keep a pair of socks on the boat and one in my board bag.