Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       05-30-2015, 6:45 AM Reply   
I know its an apples to potatoes comparo, but its a '14 T22 w/o plug n play vs a 15 Outback V. Need some advice. Can pnp be added? I want the 22 for the surf, but its a full 2 provinces away. The outback is here close to home. Thanks
Old     (mark197)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-30-2015, 6:56 AM Reply   
I owned an outback v and this isn't even a fair comparison. The outback it a great crossover that is ok at everything but great at nothing. The T22 is a wake machine.....
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-30-2015, 7:24 AM Reply   
Outback V is a tini boat compared to the T22. Its very shallow and small inside. Its the smallest/ shallowest of the 20 foot V drives out there. Because of the low freeboard its not going to hold a lot of weight. I would guess because of that they may not surf the best.

Your dead on though, that is a "apples to potato's" comparison!! LOL Ballast is never tough to add if you have some basic hand tools and some mechanical knowledge.
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-30-2015, 8:36 AM Reply   
T22 will blow the outback v out of the water. It isn't even fair. Dont settle. Make the drive, get the right boat, and enjoy.
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-30-2015, 4:47 PM Reply   
The outback is a "old" design from moomba. For surfing, i would not choose a Outback, Moomba has better hulls for that.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       06-01-2015, 10:52 PM Reply   
Ok. Heres the latest. Outback V is out (nice boat but ill suited for the $). T22 is the same after tax as the before tax $ for either mondo or lsv locally. No pnp on T22 and he says its labor intesive to add bow pnp. Its 12 hours one way and no chance ill lake test prior to buying. We did some seat time in both moombas. Wife liked the roominess of the LSV. i liked the mondo. Im partial to the Axis. With no real walktheough, how tight will he axis feel compared to T22?
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-02-2015, 12:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
Ok. Heres the latest. Outback V is out (nice boat but ill suited for the $). T22 is the same after tax as the before tax $ for either mondo or lsv locally. No pnp on T22 and he says its labor intesive to add bow pnp. Its 12 hours one way and no chance ill lake test prior to buying. We did some seat time in both moombas. Wife liked the roominess of the LSV. i liked the mondo. Im partial to the Axis. With no real walktheough, how tight will he axis feel compared to T22?
Huh? "How tight will the Axis feel compared to the T22?" The T22 is an Axis.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       06-02-2015, 6:38 AM Reply   
That should be LSV...(didnt proof my work)
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-02-2015, 7:25 AM Reply   
The T22 will be more roomy than the either Moomba you looked at. The Moomba LSV is only a 97" beam vs the 102" beam of the T22 and the T22 is half a foot longer. Plus, being in the bow of a Moomba LSV before and in a T22 bow, there's no comparison as the T22 bow is more roomy. Space, storage, wake, and wave all go to the T22. I would say that if you had the chance to demo the T22 as well as the Moombas, you'd get the T22. You'd have buyers remorse getting either of the other Moombas you mentioned since you are wanting more room/storage. If your wife thought a 97" beam LSV was roomy, she'll think the 102" beam of the T22 is huge.

Last edited by you_da_man; 06-02-2015 at 7:28 AM.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-02-2015, 10:20 AM Reply   
The front plug-n-play will be a slight PITA to add. You'll need a through-hulls installed, 2 pump, wiring and plumbing. The rear plug and play is much easier to add on.

Even still, Axis all day long
Old     (Bit)      Join Date: Aug 2014       06-03-2015, 2:13 AM Reply   
if a Moomba, then a 2015 Mojo with the surf package.