Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (StarLake)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-11-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
Hello,

Im 6 foot 155 lbs and I am looking into buying a Slingshot Kine 137, but I cannot bring myself to spend $500 on my first board. I just tried wakeboarding last week and I love it. first time out I was going W2W and doing 360's. I have been wakeskating for a couple years now mainly on a liquid force SST, and I have lots of watersports experience so I am not a total newbie.

I love carving in the water and flying high, and I have strong legs and a solid core to take some nasty landings. I know the SST wakeskate has a 3 stage hybrid and I think I want to stay that route.

Anyways, Is there a cheaper board similar to the Slingshot Kine?

Also, I found a deal on a 2013 ronix one modello. How does that compare?

Thanks in advance
Old     (spencercoon)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-11-2014, 12:17 PM Reply   
I've never spent more than $300 on any board. My current board I picked up gently used off ebay for $225. I'd suggest to do the same (especially for your first board) but I know there are a lot of people out there and on this site that have to have the new hotness every year...
Old     (RiverRatA20)      Join Date: Aug 2013       07-11-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
Coming from a few different boards over the years I have found that Hyperlites Murray board allows good pop and soft landings. Its playful and can hold an edge just fine. If its good enough for Murray to put his name on it its a good board. Price ain't jacked up either. I think I paid 329.00 shipped.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       07-12-2014, 12:03 PM Reply   
Check out the closeout section of perfski.com they have some great deals and I'm a LF guy so if you already ride their product you should definitely check out their boards. They make quite a few hybrid rockers and 3 stage. Their hybrids have some flex as well so still fun on the cable and behind boat.
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-13-2014, 8:28 PM Reply   
Under $500 won't get you super far in terms of new boards. If you look in to older models from last year and previous years, you could really hit a gold mine with a tad of patience. Evo.com usually has great deals on boards. The Ronix One is a sick board especially if you want to fly high and carve hard, there is so much grip to the water on that board its nuts. As far as 3-stage hybrids go; a Ronix District is a great option that comes packaged brand new at 449.99 if you get divides with them and it's a super versatile board. I owned a '12 district and amped up my level really well while the board felt super comfortable underneath my feet while riding. It's all up to you though find what you like and love what you buy
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-14-2014, 10:02 AM Reply   
http://www.wakerootsrideshop.com/cat...!/?sort=newest

They have a bunch of $500 boards for nearly half off on last year models of great boards; the modello, parks atr, Ronix one, etc

Not sure if the site is updated daily, I'd call them as their local to Bay area and Sacramento, and very helpful in selecting boards. They also have last year bindings too.
Cheers,
Dennis
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-15-2014, 7:14 AM Reply   
I just purchased the 2013 Ronix One Modello and really enjoying it! Loose when you want it and really locks in when on edge.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-15-2014, 9:10 AM Reply   
http://www.grizzly-sports.com/

Call these guys up and ask for closeouts, factory blemish boards etc...
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-15-2014, 1:14 PM Reply   
I got my ronix setup at NorCal Mastercraft. They gave me a smoking deal and was worth shipping from Cali all the way up to Canada.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-15-2014, 2:29 PM Reply   
NorCal MC is really good to work with bought a few boards there!
Old     (SandvoldSlammer)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-23-2014, 2:25 AM Reply   
I picked up a pair of ones from Norcal not to long ago, and was really happy with those guys