Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-28-2015, 1:10 PM Reply   
Saw this on themalibucrew.com .... not good.

http://www.wesh.com/news/deputies-pr...?absolute=true
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-28-2015, 1:19 PM Reply   
Doh! Guess Wakeboarding isn't paying the bills? Maybe he needed gas money? I hear wakesurfing is where all the coin is at now...
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-28-2015, 2:59 PM Reply   
Hmm. Robbery committed in a store with a hi-def color security camera ... not the crappy black-and-white grainy footage normally recorded which serves as ambiguous evidence against any number of 100's of people. Robber is all primped out in street gear typical of not only a wakeboarding lifestyle but also a young sponsored boarder, including wearing sponsor's shirt ... which is clearly recognizable by security cam recording. The recording is fabulous ... many third-parties immediately recognized the robber from the video.

The news station has even better video of the robber being led out in handcuffs by a law enforcement officer. The robber looks straight into the camera, as if to show his best image for portfolio purposes for submission for a career in film or television. ?!?!?

I'm gullible ... but ...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-28-2015, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
Hmm. Robbery committed in a store with a hi-def color security camera ... not the crappy black-and-white grainy footage normally recorded which serves as ambiguous evidence against any number of 100's of people. Robber is all primped out in street gear typical of not only a wakeboarding lifestyle but also a young sponsored boarder, including wearing sponsor's shirt ... which is clearly recognizable by security cam recording. The recording is fabulous ... many third-parties immediately recognized the robber from the video.

The news station has even better video of the robber being led out in handcuffs by a law enforcement officer. The robber looks straight into the camera, as if to show his best image for portfolio purposes for submission for a career in film or television. ?!?!?

I'm gullible ... but ...
Yep, right up there with the moon landing.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-29-2015, 8:14 AM Reply   
It really is weird when you see someone who rides at OWC all the time on the news like this.

It's almost like he wanted to get caught.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...528-story.html
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-30-2015, 3:04 AM Reply   
Maybe he did want to get caught?? Apparently he got hooked on pain meds from an injury then on heroin because it was cheaper and easier to get. I read a FB message of his where he spoke about the problems he has been having.This is not some hardened criminal, just a kid in trouble.He needs help and I pray that he gets it.

http://www.wesh.com/news/pro-wakeboa...-case/33286964
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-30-2015, 8:16 AM Reply   
it seems to be a trend, i guess it really does not matter what title comes in life, if you cannot make ends meet. of all things to rob, armed robery for what 50 bucks stupid
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-30-2015, 9:52 AM Reply   
Did you even bother to watch the links??? He's hooked on drugs, he's not stealing to "make ends meet". Drug addicts do insane things. Seriously dude you put up a post that's barely comprehensible and you're calling him stupid.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-30-2015, 2:04 PM Reply   
oh, i am sorry he is smart, his dependent issue requires armed robbery. we should let him go, or maybe just get into rehab instead of robbing people. Either you shoot heroin or not, its not a life choice. and if he was not a "pro wakeboarder" it would not be a question
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-30-2015, 2:14 PM Reply   
also, i can promise you if he had the money, he would not have robbed a store, so thats a pile of SH@T. BTW, one of my best friends growing up became a truck driver, starting smack and ended up loosing everything and when the money ran out started robbing houses. Yes, sad, but a choice he did not have to make
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-31-2015, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xistential View Post
Maybe he did want to get caught?? Apparently he got hooked on pain meds from an injury then on heroin because it was cheaper and easier to get.
Opioids was the first thing that came to mind when I saw this.
Old     (Readyaimfire)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-31-2015, 10:56 PM Reply   
They made norcos a schedule 2 narcotic in january. Tons of people have switched to heroin because the pills have dried up or gotten so expensive they can't afford them anymore. Kind of a catch 22.
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       06-01-2015, 2:14 PM Reply   
I was wrong. It was not theater. But I wish I had been right.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       06-06-2015, 12:02 AM Reply   
drugs are a mutha.