Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-27-2016, 7:47 PM Reply   
I was just curious what some people are using for their swell and wakeplate setting and how the are waiting the SA for surfing. I personally mainly wakeboard so I do not really want to dedicate alot of time to dial in the surf wave if someone has already done it. Thank you in advance for any information.
Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-29-2016, 7:13 AM Reply   
We like these settings for the regular side. Nobody surfs goofy in our crew, so we haven't worked at dialing that in yet.

Hard to see in this pic from the transom camera, but the wave has a great curl, super push and hard lip.

Old     (wolfe_drew)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-29-2016, 10:38 AM Reply   
Little better pic from this morning.

Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-31-2016, 8:43 PM Reply   
Thanks man I tried it on and it was pretty much the wave I was looking for.
Old     (suprafly08)      Join Date: Dec 2008       06-12-2016, 6:39 PM Reply   
I'm very interested in these boats. I'm a supra guy. I've owned two in the past, but I sold the second a few years ago...

The new boat names are weird vs. 21v, 22ssv...

What is the best NEW Supra as far as surfing is concerned? Spend my money. Tell me what to buy...
Old     (getssum)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-13-2016, 9:07 AM Reply   
Also curious about this.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-08-2016, 5:22 PM Reply   
Any goofy side surf setups?
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       08-09-2016, 7:46 AM Reply   
I know Diggs has his SA pretty dialed on both sides. Hopefully he can chime in with what he's running.

As far as what's the best new Supra to surf. I've surfed the SA a ton and own a 2016 SE they both are very similar waves. My SE seems to have a little bit more push in the wave but I would expect that out of a boat 2ft bigger. Overall they both ride the same we jump back and forth on both boats all the time and only some slight differences on wave. The new auto launch for 2016 has made a big difference for sure and it a great feature when running some extra weight.
Old     (silvtondvl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-10-2016, 8:48 AM Reply   
I have about 100 hours on my 2016SA with 90% being surfing.
The only modification I have made is the rear sac's. They have been upgraded to 1100lbs

There are two ways of setting the boat up in my option.

#1 is the gas savings mode
Front 80%
Side you are riding on - 100%
Opposite side - 85%
Surf tabs at 50 - wakeplate 0 -- You need at least 5 people.

All OUT SURF
100% all around
tabs at 50 - wakeplate at 0

Throw a 750 lb bag on the floor - This wave is awesome big and long.
Only 3 people required!

This wave might be too much for peeps just learning.

One thing I like about the SA over the other Supra is the rear trunk
Holds my anchor, sand spikes, all the jackets and my wife's Phase 5 skimmer with room to spare.