Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ptrenary)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-12-2016, 8:37 PM Reply   
Whats up. Im looking for a new board and am having some trouble. I am a intermediate rider that spends all of my time behind a boat. I like a fast board, good pop that send you yet forgiving. I am 6-2 and 225. I wont be able to demo any of them so any suggestions help. Thank yall

Boards I am looking about (all 2016)-
-Sling Shot Blue Pill (worried 142 is too small)
-Ronix One Time-Bomb
-Hyperlite Kruz Nova
-Hyperlite Murray
Old     (chadtaylor07)      Join Date: Sep 2015       04-12-2016, 8:44 PM Reply   
Ronix One or Kruz
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-12-2016, 11:51 PM Reply   
Haven't ridden the Hyperlite boards but I have ridden the One and the Pill. One pops more vertical where the Pill still pops but not as hard. Pill is also a lot looser than the One
Old     (Onebadssv)      Join Date: Feb 2016       04-13-2016, 3:54 AM Reply   
I have thre hyperlite kruz and it's a great board. I also have the slingshot nomad 155, I would definitely recommend putting some thought into it.!!its a bit larger but at mine and your size the larger board delivers more pop, softer landings and more stability.
Old     (ptrenary)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-13-2016, 4:22 AM Reply   
Awesome, I hear a lot about the kruz and the ronix one. If I went with the Kruz would you recommend the hyperlite system bindings or the hyperlite team bindings. I have never been on systems, but have friends that love then and then ones that hate them with a passion.
Old     (derek_h)      Join Date: Oct 2004       04-13-2016, 6:53 AM Reply   
Ronix One 146cm. Iam 6'3" /200lbs and love this board. Go for a larger board with your size. My buddies are around 6' and they are always riding my board over their own because they like mine better.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-13-2016, 7:32 AM Reply   
See the other discussion going on right now and the 150 Murray. I have rode the Nomad/Time-bomb/Kruz/Marek - I feel the Nomad is the fastest as there is little friction, but I struggled with pop. The Kruz/marek is very fast but I struggled with the rocker a bit. I can do all of my tricks on any of these boards, but it is more of a preference. I love a fast board that is very predictable. I find that the 146 Trip is a nice blend of all of the boards. I am hoping the 150 murray will take the place of all of these boards.

Try to ride with people that might have this boards so you can demo if possible. It sucks spending money on a board that you don't love or forces you to ride a different way.
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-13-2016, 9:21 AM Reply   
I just got a Kruz Nova and its been a blast to ride. I was surprised that it wasn't as locked in as i thought. Im coming off riding only cable/park boards boards and I got the Kruz bc my edge behind the boat is pretty weak. Its not too gripped to the water and not too loose which for me is a pretty good solid feeling. I'm 185 pounds and am riding the 144 which is rad too. I'm running a little slower boat speed which is nice having a little bigger board so i don't feel slow.
Old     (ptrenary)      Join Date: Dec 2011       04-13-2016, 9:54 AM Reply   
I hear a lot of great things about both the one and the kruz. I had the issue of not popping right on my old 2012 one time bomb, it was very inconsistent (riders fault), which is why I feel the continuous Kruz may be better.
Old     (TopWakeboardStyles)      Join Date: Mar 2016       04-13-2016, 1:08 PM Reply   
I like the slingshot as well and anything that Murray puts out has always been great for me.
Old     (nathanb)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-15-2016, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrenary View Post
Awesome, I hear a lot about the kruz and the ronix one. If I went with the Kruz would you recommend the hyperlite system bindings or the hyperlite team bindings. I have never been on systems, but have friends that love then and then ones that hate them with a passion.
I would try the Teams on first. I bought a pair of eBay going cheap and while they offer good support I find they dig into the outside of my front foot unless I get them on just right and get the laces to the right tension. I'm coming off liquid force index bindings which are softer though
Old     (supersonicmi)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2016, 3:54 PM Reply   
I have both the Kruz and the Murray and the major difference between them (besides that you can get the Murray in a larger size) is the edge, which will depend on your style of riding. The Murray has a softer edge and less bottom features, so it rides more fluid, playful and forgiving. The Kruz has a sharper edge and rides aggressive and fast on edge and is less forgiving. I have found the Kruz to be more forgiving than the Marek was though. Anyway, both are great boards.
Old     (MystiikVLX)      Join Date: Jul 2014       10-05-2016, 11:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanb View Post
Haven't ridden the Hyperlite boards but I have ridden the One and the Pill. One pops more vertical where the Pill still pops but not as hard. Pill is also a lot looser than the One
How did the landings feel of the One vs the Blue Pill? With the spine along the bottom of the Blue Pill I would think it should feel softer.

Any thoughts?