Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Onebadssv)      Join Date: Feb 2016       02-14-2016, 4:34 AM Reply   
What cga jacket have you guys found fits a little bigger for us full sized guys. When I say full sized I mean athletic/ body builder build. I'm 6ft 220 and typically wear a L or Xl t-shirt but find that in many high end vests even the XXL"s run snug. I have a hard time because of my chest and shoulder width: I tried on a Ronix Capella yesterday and I would have to get the XXL and it's still pretty snug. I was told the Ronix Covert runs a little larger, can anyone confirm that? If anyone has other advise I'm open ears. Thanks!
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       03-02-2016, 11:06 AM Reply   
Hey Brian, Being a "big guy" myself, with alot of vests to choose from I always keep coming back to the Liquid Force Vortex Vest. Fits really great, still fairly think / flexible for a CGA vest. I'd consider this one. http://www.perfski.com/search/catego...suits?q=Vortex. get a chest measurement and we can confirm the size..but would think an XL based on weight / height.

Hope this helps.

Bill
Old     (BrettLee3232)      Join Date: Feb 2015       03-02-2016, 12:49 PM Reply   
I just bought this Ronix at the boat show and its only an XL.

I'm 6'3 280lbs

My previous jackets I've always had to get xxl or even xxxl. What I really liked about this one was the fact it's not a mid drift. It was long & I really liked that. The XL on me is snug & I have to defiantly suck it in to get it zipped haha but I'm in the process of loosing weight so I'm not worried about it. It isn't CGA though.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2016, 4:58 PM Reply   
^ I came to say the Radar version that vest (same thing but different color). I'm like 6'1" 225lbs and that vest is AMAZING! I was busting out of my large Oneill Boost vest, but a Large of that ronix / the Radar Decibel vest fit like a dream. Really flexible, very comfy, didn't ride up.... 10/10
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-04-2016, 4:03 PM Reply   
Let me find the model of this ronix jacket. It is a bit bulky as it is CGA, but after watching many bad situations over the last 20 years, I prefer the safety and it has never stopped me from doing anything.I'll find a better shot of it too as this is not great, but that is 6'3 325Lbs
Attached Images

Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-09-2016, 7:52 PM Reply   
I'm 6'3" 200 and I have a hard time finding vests that fit right. For me it's more of a length problem. I hate vests that don't come down to my waist. But vests that are big enough to come down that low always end up being way too big around my torso.

The best one I found is any of the side entry CGA vests from Jet Pilot. If you don't care about complying with CGA then the O'Neill comp vest is also good.
Attached Images