Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-16-2016, 1:54 PM Reply   
Does anyone have a boat with the newest launch system that could help me out with some wakeboarding/wakesurf boat setups??

Thanks
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-17-2016, 6:13 AM Reply   
I've got a couple friends with 16's and spend a good bit of time in them. What kind of setups are you looking for? Pro level wakeboard? beginner? Long surf? Steep surf?
Old     (jclimie)      Join Date: Aug 2015       04-17-2016, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttime41 View Post
I've got a couple friends with 16's and spend a good bit of time in them. What kind of setups are you looking for? Pro level wakeboard? beginner? Long surf? Steep surf?

Intermediate wake setup, and surf setup for goofy. Can't get the goofy side to get clean without weighting the boat.

Long surf wave would be good too. Right now just real rampy.
Old     (Ttime41)      Join Date: Nov 2011       04-18-2016, 5:27 AM Reply   
As far as the wakeboard wake goes, that should be pretty easy. We pretty much always fill the ballast evenly, so for an intermediate rider 30-50% ballast all the way around should do the trick. Depending on how steep you like the wake, wakeplate all the way up will be the steepest and 50% down should create the most mellow wake. I like it at about 20%.

Just like most boats, adding or subtracting weight from the front effects the length of the wave. We most often fill the front ballast 60 or 70%, which creates a wave with nice length and strong push. Filling the front anywhere from 80-100% percent will make the wake less steep, but will give you the most length. It's kind of a balancing act.

Finally, if you can't clean up the goofy side there's a good chance that you're just combatting the rotation of the prop. Usually when someone is surfing on the goofy side we just move a few people to that side and it cleans up really nice. If it's just a couple of us though, filling the ballast to 100% on the driver side and only 80% on the passenger side does the trick as well. Also, what ballast are you running? I know pretty much the whole Supra line surfs really well out of the box, but a couple of the hardcore guys I know swapped the stock 750's in the rear with 1100's and the difference it makes is pretty crazy.

I hope this is a good starting point! These are just my observations from spending some time in a few different 16's this year. I'd love to know how others are setting theirs up too.