Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ashgrylls)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-20-2016, 6:54 AM Reply   
Hey all chasing a new board for this season

Only been riding hyperlite in the past and looking for a change..

Only riding behind boats so not looking for cable board.. The boards i been researching are

Ronix- Timebomb, code 21/22, district

Liquid Force- witness, Harley, Watson

If anyone has any info or reviews on any of these boards would be helpfully.. I ride behind a ski X over boat so wake is only average size even with fat sacs

looking to get some extra pop to

Cheers
Old     (chadtaylor07)      Join Date: Sep 2015       03-20-2016, 9:17 AM Reply   
I ride the Ronix William and love it! Not sure if you can still find one or not.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-20-2016, 10:02 AM Reply   
What your riding style? What tricks are you throwing? What sort of pop off the wake do you prefer (straight up off the wake or long into the flats)?
Old     (ashgrylls)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-20-2016, 3:47 PM Reply   
Atm just throwing a few basic tricks few grabs wake to wake can land the odd backroll and 360... Prob after more vertical pop
Old     (ashgrylls)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-20-2016, 3:49 PM Reply   
I do like a bit of floaty feel for surface tricks to but I do also like it to bite in when I edge out... Haha so really need a good all round board I spose
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-22-2016, 6:43 AM Reply   
Both the Timebomb and the Code will suit your likings. Both ride high in the water, have good bite, and good pop. I have the '15 Timebomb now. Came from a Parks board but switched bc I've heard mixed reviews about the camber. I too was between the Code 22 and the Timebomb. Got a heck of a deal on the TB so that's what I got (plus I didn't care much for the graphics on the Code). Another board that I would look at if I were you that I've heard great things about for behind the boat is the Slingshot Blue Pill....my friend is supposed to be getting one soon and I can't wait to try it out! Another friend has the Harley and he likes it but isn't too impressed with it (and he throws quite a bit of advanced tricks). Be sure to size up too...bigger boards are the way to go these days!
Old     (ashgrylls)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-22-2016, 6:53 AM Reply   
Thanks heaps for feedback..Yea I think I am leaning more towards the TB or the code.. What size would u recommend?

I'm about 75kgs and 5ft 10 so not a very big guy and don't think I'll get much bigger I was looking at a 138-139 is that ok? Or should I be looking at 140-142?

Havnt read much on the slingshots might go have a read now but have also heard some good reviews on them.

Cheers again
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-22-2016, 9:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrylls View Post
Thanks heaps for feedback..Yea I think I am leaning more towards the TB or the code.. What size would u recommend?

I'm about 75kgs and 5ft 10 so not a very big guy and don't think I'll get much bigger I was looking at a 138-139 is that ok? Or should I be looking at 140-142?

Havnt read much on the slingshots might go have a read now but have also heard some good reviews on them.

Cheers again
I personally went with a 138. I'm about the same size as you, maybe a little beefier at about 80kg. I rode a 139 Parks and loved it so that's what I went with in the TB. I've been told though that I may like the 142 better but it's hard for me to believe that I could still ride a board that big effectively...guess I'll have to try it to become a believer!
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-22-2016, 10:06 AM Reply   
Watson sounds like the perfect fit to be honest and I have 1 for sale from 2 years ago basically brand new with Watson bindings.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-22-2016, 11:56 AM Reply   
red, what size board? watson bindings are the bees knees IMO
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-22-2016, 12:17 PM Reply   
138 or 139
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-22-2016, 1:36 PM Reply   
glad to know I'm not the only one who will rattle can something on the garage floor!

don't wanna jack anyone's thread, but If you're going to sell that '39 I'd be interested.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-22-2016, 2:13 PM Reply   
Pm me with offer. It's basicay brand new. Bindings are 10's
Old     (ashgrylls)      Join Date: Mar 2016       03-23-2016, 1:25 AM Reply   
Can anyone tell me the difference between the ronix timebomb and code 22?? They seem fairly similar on YouTube review
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-24-2016, 6:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashgrylls View Post
Can anyone tell me the difference between the ronix timebomb and code 22?? They seem fairly similar on YouTube review
Well if you break it down to the basics of the two boards and just take the core design of them...it seems that the Code is meant to be a little more mellow turning but more pop than the One design where as the One is a "faster" board. However the TB core seems to make up some extra pop in the One design so maybe it's about equal to that of the Code? I honestly don't think you'd be disappointed in either!
Old     (on_wi)      Join Date: Feb 2013       03-24-2016, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by beg4wake View Post
Well if you break it down to the basics of the two boards and just take the core design of them...it seems that the Code is meant to be a little more mellow turning but more pop than the One design where as the One is a "faster" board. However the TB core seems to make up some extra pop in the One design so maybe it's about equal to that of the Code? I honestly don't think you'd be disappointed in either!
+1, I have 2014 TB (riding buddy's) and my 2015 C22 in my garage. I have access to both. I'd buy the one you get a better deal on. They are quite similar. Both are very light, pop nicely and have a smooth center edge that get sharper towards the ends. I certainly cant tell any significant differences between them.
Old     (nickfernandez00)      Join Date: May 2015       03-24-2016, 5:15 PM Reply   
I've ridden both, the one board lands a bit softer but the code has a more aggressive snap.
Old     (KJonesWakeboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2016       03-24-2016, 8:27 PM Reply   
I know you said you wa a change it up but I have a hyperlite Murray and I absolutely LOVE THAT BOARD! Has a great playful feel which makes it very easy to correct mistakes without catching edge, but when you want to cut those fins grab the water and catch VERY well. The subtle 3 stage rocker also REALLY gives you a lot of pop on the wake and launches you with ease. I'm the same size (maybe a little smaller) and ride a 137.... It's a sick board and if you haven't tried one I highly recommend it!

Last edited by KJonesWakeboarder; 03-24-2016 at 8:29 PM. Reason: Wrong spelling
Old     (Michael)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-25-2016, 10:31 AM Reply   
I think the last time Red actually wakeboarded with me two years ago. I think hes a wakeskater now? lol I can tell you those boards arnt used at all.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       03-25-2016, 4:20 PM Reply   
brand new!