Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (ptrenary)      Join Date: Dec 2011       03-09-2016, 7:53 AM Reply   
Is anyone going to be down near the Miami or Ft. Lauderdale area riding? My girlfriend and I are going to the LTS wakeboard school for a few days and are looking for somewhere to ride when we are done on March 19. We are from Tennessee so we don't have many connections in that area but always love a good time on the water. Thanks
Old     (hrwboarder)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-15-2016, 7:43 PM Reply   
Pearce, you could always check out Miami Watersports Complex or Rixen as a sure way to get on the water. I was down there early last year and had a great time riding both spots.
Old     (santa)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-16-2016, 4:53 AM Reply   
Actually, I'm arriving from Montreal late on the 20th and going to LTS from 21-24th. Too, bad, it would have been nice to meet you guys. Plus we love Tennessee and would have loved to learn more about some good riding spots and maybe hook up for some riding eventually.

If you want to ride in a really nice spot while in Miami, be sure to go see Marco at Gator Bait Wakeboard http://www.gatorbaitwakeboard.com. The riding is in the Biscayne Bay so it might be rough on windy days, but most of the time it's actually quite nice. Marco is a super chill guy and like I said the scenery is amazing.

Oh, and go to South Beach if you get a chance, it's Winter Music Conference this week. It can get crazy busy, but if you love action you can't go wrong...

Have fun.