Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-09-2006, 4:33 PM Reply   
Ok, so today I went riding, I have a LF Cadence 131. I rode for about 30 min and I was going w2w, but not going too high. A little later, I wanted to give my friend's Noise bindings a try, so I rode her board, a HL Divine 134. The people that were in the boat told me I got so much more air with that one and looked as if I landed soo softly (which I did). I only tried 1 180, and didnt have any problems with the rotation... Do you think I should buy the Cadence 134 (I really love the feel of that board)??? Its just 3 more cms longer and 1 cm wider... Do you think I should make the change??
Old     (lftaylor)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-09-2006, 8:27 PM Reply   
How Tall & what's your weight?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-09-2006, 11:14 PM Reply   
Im about 5'2 (155 cm) and weigh 90-93 lbs
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-13-2006, 8:50 AM Reply   
Hey there Cris...this is something that has been floating through my mind as well. Do I size up or do I work on the 131 I'm accustomed to. I've heard sizing up is a great way to get better landings but you potentially lose out on spin. As with everything, practice makes perfect. Do you have anywhere you can demo the Cadence 134? I'm looking into demos in our area. Wish we lived much closer...it would be fun to demo one together since we seem to have similar taste based on postings I've read. Let me know what you find out.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
Hey! I have nowhere to demo... The fact that there are no board shops in my entire country makes it so difficult to buy boards! And no one here has the Cadence 134, I am the only one with a Cadence 131. Even if I decide to switch I wouldnt buy it until August, which is when Im going to Miami. Until then what I'm going to do is try out my friends Divine 134 to see how well I can do with the spins. Let me know if you get to demo it.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-14-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
Cris, if I can find a shop that has the Cadence 134 to demo I will be sure to let you know if I demo it. If our shops don't have it, the Maven Sessions are coming to our state (so far it's just a 4 hour drive across Washington to get to the Seattle sessions but I've heard there might be a session or two closer to where I live but nothing definite yet) and they let you demo their boards. Sorry to hear there are no board shops in your entire country...perhaps you should open the first one if the demand is there?
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-15-2006, 5:44 PM Reply   
Im trying to make the demand... Im working on promoting the sport... there are people that know what it is, some practice it, but its slowly becoming more and more popular each day... So maybe one day I will... Right now Ill stick to promoting the sport... so that later I can promote my shop!
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       06-16-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
Keep it up Cris...maybe I can help out with distribution from the US (I really don't know how to do that right now but I do have a Business Degree and was hoping to use it some day). For now...keep up the great promo and let me know when you get that shop going so I can save up for the airfare to come visit your shop.
Old     (kslakebum)      Join Date: Jun 2006       06-18-2006, 4:38 PM Reply   
Try a Hyperlite Murray the 2006 ones. Best board out there.