Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old                04-27-2006, 2:46 AM Reply   
I cant make up my mind how to position my bindings I have tried lots of diffrent widths and angles...I am 5foot1inch size small feet..what stance and angle do other girls my height use...I get a stiff back hip when riding think this my be due to incorrect position
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       04-27-2006, 10:22 AM Reply   
The only advice I can offer is don't duck your feet out too far. For the longest time I was ridng with my feet ducked, then I tore my acl wakeskating and during physical therapy they had to keep telling me not to duck my feet on machines and stuff, it puts your knee as at a bad angle and with us women we are more prone to knee injury anyway so now I have changed my stance to have almost no duck and I have my feet a little more than shoulder length apart. I would say try setting your board up exactly shoulder length apart and see how that feels, then make small adjustment from there until you find a comfortable stance. With the sore back... you're prolly just using muscles in your back that you haven't used much, when you're back starts to get sore, switch it up and practice your switch riding. At the start of every season my back (among other things) is always killing me, but switching it up defenitly helps me take more/longer sets.
Old                05-28-2006, 7:17 PM Reply   
Jump up into the air and see how you land. Thats about how far apart your feet should be. You want to to be comfortable and in control. As for the back thing, if I poke out my lead hip as if it were shooting straight to my line my back tends to hurt less.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-28-2006, 8:45 PM Reply   
I am about the same height as you, but i think it depends on how you land when you jump as amanda said. I land with my feet a bit more open than shoulder width and the degree of "duck" i have in each foot is 16 in the front foot and 12 on the back foot (this is on the f.a.s.t. system) I think it takes some riding to put it exxactly the way you feel best. What you can do is put your board on the floor with the bindings on it but dont screw them on. Then jump on the floor right behind the board and see how you land. Put the bindings on the board in the exact same position. Then you can adjust it after you ride.
Old                06-11-2006, 9:36 AM Reply   
On the issue of bindings, can you mix and match bindings and boards from different companies? Are all the holes drilled the same so any board can fit any binding? I tried my friends Hyperlite State and loved it, but I was looking at the LF minx binding b/c I have small, narrow feet. Can anyone tell me if there are any problems mixing and matching different companies for board and bindings?
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-11-2006, 9:54 AM Reply   
I have a similar set up, Hyperlite bindings with a LF board. The screws are too long so I doubled up on the bults. Looks stupid.

Ditto on what Amanda and Cris say about figuring out your stance.
Old                06-11-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
Would getting different screws solve the problem? Or are the hole sizes different? What are bults? Sorry I don't know, I've always bummed other peoples boards so I am oblivious to these things. I'm trying to buy my own now. Anybody got anything to say about the girls hyperlite bindings if you have small feet?
-thanks
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-12-2006, 7:08 AM Reply   
I used to ride the HL State with the Sphynx bindings, which are the same as the Minx but for men. Had no problem. They fit perfect, no need to do anything with the screws.
Old                06-21-2006, 9:17 PM Reply   
Ok so I threw my new LF Minx bindings on my hyperlite board. Everything lined up fine and held for my first ride. So far so good. When putting them on, it did feel like the screws were a little short. Heres to hoping they hold.
Old     (xtremebordgurl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       06-22-2006, 7:55 AM Reply   
I've got hype bindings on an obrien board and I just went out and spent 75 cents on shorter screws and it worked like a charm. Good luck with it and most importantly Have Fun! :-)
Old                06-23-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
Excellent advice! I'll be using some of these tips this weekend... I just got my own board (LF Angel/Minx) and have been riding with my front foot slightly more ducked than my back foot.. My last few rides have been slightly uncomfortable, it's time for a change :-)