Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-21-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
I havent tried one, but Im thinking about trying it next time I ride in my friends Nautique. I was wondering how long did it take you to try or land your first invert and what was it?

also, what other tricks you learned first.
Old                03-22-2006, 1:18 AM Reply   
same here hey, i really want to learn an invert or a 3.. either would do me.
i can do all 180s and shizz..tried some 3s to they are fun.
Old     (parkgirl)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-22-2006, 7:33 AM Reply   
GO for it!
Trying one for the first time is the hardest part, but once you get it out of the way, all it takes is commiting to the trick and not giving up no matter how impossible it seems. Good luck!

Oh yeah, my first invert was a bckroll, beginning of my 2nd season. Before that I learned TS/HS wake-to-wake with grabs, and HS/TS 180's wake to wake, regular and switch.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-22-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
I still have to learn to TS w2w... I landed 2 but without the handle... the ones where I had the handle I faceplanted and it was not a pretty experience so ive been afraid to try again... hadnt had the chance really also... But i still want to try that backroll!
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-22-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
Frontroll was my first invert. I tryed my heart out for a whole season of riding. Tryed it every single time i'd go riding. Once I went clear across this lake trying frontrolls all the way down and all the way back. One after the other. I though id never land the stupid trick. Finally, I found a good instructor/boyfriend and landed it.
The backroll didnt take as long but I took harder falls. Got knocked out and also broke my nose trying those.
My theory is if you try someting/anything at all over and over again. A 100 trys and your bound to land it eventually.
Old                03-22-2006, 8:46 PM Reply   
inverts will come in time, and at different times for everybody. I feel if try to early you will limit your overall ability to ride. Wakeboarding is all about progression. Learn to ride,than jump (both sides of the wake) learn to ride switch, jump and land switch, learn all grabs and 180s. Once you have that you can take off and land from everywhere behind the boat. If you spend some time on the basics you will learn the spins and inverts faster and with less pain. I know from experience, I broke my ankle on a cab roll off a double up and had to ride the rest of the year with an air cast and a huge binding. The next year I broke the other ankle on a scarecrow. After no inverts for two strait years I went back to the basics and learned every 180 and grab. For that I now ride better switch and can take all of my inverts from either side of the wake. By the way My first invert was a back roll 11 years ago on a flight 69 behind a 76 glasstron with a steel post for a pylon 1st year riding. CHARGE THE WAKE.