Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (vdubb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-19-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
This will be my first summer trying wakeboarding. I bought my board and all the accessories, but I don't have a "wakeboarding" boat. (my husband says I have to "show real promise" before we purchase one...haha) The boat I have is a two year old Glastron DX215. I have waterskied behind it without a pole, but will it work for wakeboarding? I haven't seen any pictures of anybody who wasn't in a wakeboarding boat on here. Any info on whether or not it is possible to get a good pull behind it or any info on products to install would be great. I know my hubby won't put a tower on it :-(
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       04-19-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
I rode for years without a tower. I was actually doing many of the same tricks on my old searay as I do now that I ride in the high-dollar boats. Just get out there, have a good time, and show you're hubby that you're serious enough to justify the new wakeboard boat. Good luck!

-Steve
Old     (vdubb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-19-2006, 8:43 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input. My concern was whether or not having the line lower to the surface of the water would hinder maneuverability or do a disservice to the learning curve. But it sounds like it will work :-)
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-19-2006, 9:54 PM Reply   
Having a tower makes some things easier. It is not a necessity. If you can get up on a ski, you can wakeboard.

Have fun.
Old     (dcranium)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-21-2006, 7:50 PM Reply   
Jess,

We have a glastron 185 and without a tower the last 2 yrs. It's not a problem getting air with an I/O and no tower (trim up the outdrive some) and load the line/edge hard and you'll be fine. ( Haven't tried the tower out yet this year...)
Old     (vdubb)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-23-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
Ron,
Thanks for the info. I am really happy to hear that it will work.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-23-2006, 4:48 PM Reply   

quote:

What to do if your boat doesn't have a tower?

master the fundamentals.