Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-09-2014, 5:17 PM Reply   
I just sold my 13 SA 350 which was a great boat and my first experience with Supra after always having Malibu's. The boat was great and never had a problem with it and racked up a ton of hours with me and the guys riding with added weight regularly. But with that said I had a couple of things on my next boat that where a must have , one was a surf system second was more freeboard the wife really struggled to keep the nose of the SA out of the water on busy days. I have spent limited time on the G series but seemed like something I wanted to look into more and actually on the way to our demo with the SE I told my wife as we drove past Active Water Sports I think the SE will be good but the G is the boat to have ..... I couldn't have been more wrong Supra hit a absolute home run with this boat ! It's huge and as I walked up to it I expected it to be a bit of a slug on the water and not handle great ... it handles just like my SA did and the new Raptor motor is unreal how smooth it is with the boat loaded and has tons of power. I had a good friend with me who worked for Mastercraft for years and is still currently working for another boat brand and as we got done with the demo he said hands down that was the best boat he has ever been in. With that said I'm in ! I have never been so excited to get a new boat and ride with my crew. Supra has my business once again and as long as they continue to make boats like the SA , SC and now the SE they will get my hard earned money. Sorry no pics .... But I will say this the photos posted of the surf wake are spot on I wouldn't be posting anything you haven't seen it's BIG !!!
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       09-10-2014, 9:40 AM Reply   
What would a man pay for such a boat?
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-10-2014, 7:04 PM Reply   
Doubt anyone really wants to tell exactly what they paid ....I will say this it was better priced than the boats in its class with moderate options. I didn't go crazy with upgrades but with the ones i did do it was still better priced than the 24MXZ , G23 and the X46 which I guess I would consider to be what this boat is going up against. Only option I really wanted but just couldn't justify was the Z5 cargo rack.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-10-2014, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
What would a man pay for such a boat?
They will be over 100
Old     (Gotmods)      Join Date: Nov 2012       09-10-2014, 9:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeDirt View Post
They will be over 100

Lol, way over!
Old     (kx250frider617)      Join Date: Aug 2013       09-10-2014, 9:15 PM Reply   
I wonder how the LS3 450 compares to the raptor 440? Man I couldn't imaging having more power than the LS3 in my a22, especially for that size boat.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-13-2014, 7:54 AM Reply   
I think power rating are close the two big differences I noticed what how quite the motor was and also how smooth it was while at idle. Really seemed to keep the boat more quite while taking off under a load. My friends LS3 in is Malibu seems to be a bit more noisy while at idle and taking off and even my 350 in my SA was a lot louder.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-14-2014, 6:17 AM Reply   
Also I here that the gas milage is quite better, even noticeable. When running the 550, we need all we can get!
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       09-15-2014, 5:58 AM Reply   
It will be interesting to see how many G23 owners will upgrade to the SE?
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-15-2014, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
It will be interesting to see how many G23 owners will upgrade to the SE?
Heard Supra is offering special pricing to G owners who are sick of their driveshafts snapping.
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       09-15-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
Did you do a custom order, or just buy one off the factory floor?

Congrats on the new boat, everything I've seen about the SE's has been superb. If you don't already, there's a couple guys that work at SC that are fun to follow on instagram. I think Matt posts on this board too, but it's been cool seeing the boat in action.
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-15-2014, 12:51 PM Reply   
I did a custom order , It's been something I have always wanted to do and Greg Waters at Active Waters Sports has been great to work with and it's been a really fun process .I have also been following Matts photos on Instagram some really fun stuff he posts. Like I said above I think people will be really impressed with this boat and I'm really excited to get it and get the wake dialed in. For anyone who hasn't seen it here is Harley Clifford's winning run behind the SE this weekend wake looks really good and big !

http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/video...s-winning-run/
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-15-2014, 4:21 PM Reply   
Just got back home to Wisconsin, to the cold from the heat of Florida! Went down to the worlds , to see the se550 in action. Drove the 450, it was all that ppl say. I wish the 550 was loud, like the sa550, but I will still take it. Now the hard decisions of life, world's or not?? Btw, thanks to the best team out there, supra! They went above and beyond this week for me and family at the world's! One more reason to buy supra! Thanks again guys, will have my new boat on water next year!
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-15-2014, 6:49 PM Reply   
Chris , I have seen the Worlds in yellow , what's the second color combo they are offering them in ?
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-17-2014, 2:03 AM Reply   
White, and I haven't seen that one either yet. I like more pop like the yellow, or thinkin bout building some kinda blue one
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       09-17-2014, 8:17 AM Reply   
The white WORLDS will look sharp ! That's what my SA was and really liked it. Be sure to post some pictures of what you are going to do for colors.

Last edited by Shane10p; 09-17-2014 at 8:19 AM.
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-17-2014, 6:33 PM Reply   
U bet, I still may go with yellow world's, will no like next week when I can build a color scheme.. I have the black world's, sa550. Love it just want bigger
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-17-2014, 9:07 AM Reply   
Chris , What did you end up ordering ?
Old     (chrisbucklin)      Join Date: Mar 2012       10-20-2014, 1:58 AM Reply   
Ended up coloring my own and not Goin with world's. I wanted a lil more flash,I no that hurts resale,but I put a ton of hours on my boats,so resale sucks either way. Im selling my 13sa550,with 440 hours. And I've got it for sale for 69,995. Will c if it goes. So I figured may as well have the colors I want,I lose a ton either way. For the right price,ppl will buy when I'm done with it. Will post pics soon of color scheme I decited. Also I'm goin 550 again....
Old     (steveo142)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-20-2014, 2:06 AM Reply   
Old     (steveo142)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-20-2014, 2:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane10p View Post
I just sold my 13 SA 350 which was a great boat and my first experience with Supra after always having Malibu's. The boat was great and never had a problem with it and racked up a ton of hours with me and the guys riding with added weight regularly. But with that said I had a couple of things on my next boat that where a must have , one was a surf system second was more freeboard the wife really struggled to keep the nose of the SA out of the water on busy days. I have spent limited time on the G series but seemed like something I wanted to look into more and actually on the way to our demo with the SE I told my wife as we drove past Active Water Sports I think the SE will be good but the G is the boat to have ..... I couldn't have been more wrong Supra hit a absolute home run with this boat ! It's huge and as I walked up to it I expected it to be a bit of a slug on the water and not handle great ... it handles just like my SA did and the new Raptor motor is unreal how smooth it is with the boat loaded and has tons of power. I had a good friend with me who worked for Mastercraft for years and is still currently working for another boat brand and as we got done with the demo he said hands down that was the best boat he has ever been in. With that said I'm in ! I have never been so excited to get a new boat and ride with my crew. Supra has my business once again and as long as they continue to make boats like the SA , SC and now the SE they will get my hard earned money. Sorry no pics .... But I will say this the photos posted of the surf wake are spot on I wouldn't be posting anything you haven't seen it's BIG !!!
Dave??
Old     (Shane10p)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-20-2014, 8:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbucklin View Post
Ended up coloring my own and not Goin with world's. I wanted a lil more flash,I no that hurts resale,but I put a ton of hours on my boats,so resale sucks either way. Im selling my 13sa550,with 440 hours. And I've got it for sale for 69,995. Will c if it goes. So I figured may as well have the colors I want,I lose a ton either way. For the right price,ppl will buy when I'm done with it. Will post pics soon of color scheme I decited. Also I'm goin 550 again....
I don't think custom colors hurt at all as long as you don't go with something completely crazy. In fact I think they can help resale seems like so many dealers really play it safe on colors and when you have something a little different it does well on the market. When I was selling my white worlds most of the complaints on it was it was too plain looking.
Old     (MalibuGold)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-22-2014, 6:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane10p View Post
Doubt anyone really wants to tell exactly what they paid ....I will say this it was better priced than the boats in its class with moderate options. I didn't go crazy with upgrades but with the ones i did do it was still better priced than the 24MXZ , G23 and the X46 which I guess I would consider to be what this boat is going up against. Only option I really wanted but just couldn't justify was the Z5 cargo rack.
Really the Supra is going up against the 24MXZ, G23 and the X46... Supra IMO goes up against the Centuriouns, Tige's, MB's, etc... Let's not get crazy and say that they are competing against the ferrari's of the wakeboat world. I am not saying I know everything, heck I only have an LSV but I don't think you can compare the SA to these other boats. That's like saying Toyota is competing with Lexus. Two totally different demographics with different economic backgrounds.

I think you could compare it to an LSV, VLX, or list a 210 or 230 but certainly not the 24 MXZ and for sure not the G23 or X46..
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-22-2014, 7:10 AM Reply   
Jmo your talking out your ass.
Old     (MalibuGold)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-22-2014, 7:25 AM Reply   
How's that I am saying you may be able to compare it to similarly priced boats like and LSV, VLX 210 or 230 but to the flagship boats from the big three. The Supra is obviously not there. I take it by your response that you are unable to articulate a response that would warrant a discussion about why you disagree.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-22-2014, 8:12 AM Reply   
The se base price is 103k. 140k loaded. So what are you comparing it to. A moon a or centurion? Lol quit talking out your ass
Old     (MalibuGold)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-22-2014, 8:32 AM Reply   
Anyone who paid 140K for an SA just got took to the cleaners. I would politely recommend you do a little more research before just randomly posting.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-22-2014, 8:46 AM Reply   
SE
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-22-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
Not even sure if Jmo Mo is worth replying to as my guess is he is just trying to stir up some ol internet fun, but please feel free to bring by an MXZ or LSV or whatever you want and we can take a fine tooth comb over both boats and you can tell me where mine came up short. Now dont get me wrong, I think Malibu builds a nice boat and I have owned quite a few, but please dont tell me that this can't compare. Have you even seen a Supra SE? ;-)
Old     (83Starsnstripes)      Join Date: Jul 2013       10-22-2014, 10:05 AM Reply   
^^Looks great!! Had the pleasure of driving the new SE last month and it's definitely in the discussion with Malibu, MC, and Nautique.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-22-2014, 10:08 AM Reply   
...and it has 36 cup holders...how could you go wrong? :-)
Old     (Tims)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-22-2014, 10:41 AM Reply   
Acutally, the 24MXZ is outclassed by the SE at this point. And ask the pro's that rode behind it at Worlds this year how it compares to a G.

Last edited by Tims; 10-22-2014 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Added text
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-22-2014, 11:10 AM Reply   
My guess is Jmo is probably comparing to an older generation Supra. I think a lot of people that are not real close to the industry have not seen what has happened over the last few years with Supra. Completely different boat. I am assuming he just has not been in the new ERA of Supra. I mean the SA, SC, SE...... If he has, then I think he is probably just talking out of his A$$..... Totally different boat from the previous generation and I have friends that own all brands and they all see the difference. No way would you compare them to a Centurion, MB, Supreme any longer. I definitely see them as a direct competitor to Malibu, Mastercraft and Nautique now. Not saying any one is nicer than the other, but lets be real and realize they are on the same level.
Old     (MalibuGold)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-22-2014, 11:48 AM Reply   
Yeah my bad fellas, I just didn't realize that Supra even put out a 130K boat. I stand corrected. Looks like a pretty nice boat from the looks of it. I had never heard that SUPRA was trying to get in the higher echelon boat market. I always thought they stayed with the others. Even with that, not sure I would put it up there with a G, but then again I have not been in one. WOW things change.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-22-2014, 2:33 PM Reply   
Told you!
Attached Images

Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-22-2014, 4:00 PM Reply   
Don't rub it in Red. Jmo Mo made a mistake and owned up to it (this in of itself is a rarity on wakeworld) ;-). Its all good. I did have a guy come into the shop today and jump into the SE and said "wow...this looks expensive...whats this here boat run, about $60k?" Apparently he hasn't gone boat shopping in a while. ;-)
Old     (MalibuGold)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-23-2014, 6:51 AM Reply   
Yeah, that's funny how people even when you take accountability just choose to grind on stuff. It says allot about their own insecurities. Justin that is a really nice boat and the trailer is awesome as well. I will have to get in one at the next boat show. Quick question, I wasn't sure what kind of surf technology those boats have in them. Is it comparable to the wave the surf-gate and NSS boats can put out? Or is is more of wakeboard boat.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-23-2014, 8:06 AM Reply   
Jmo - Yes... They have had the SWELL system out on the 2014 boats. Here is a video from 2 years ago when it came out and it actually shows how it works....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QWyNThK8KQ

Here are more recent video that Matt Hibbing put together.......

Old     (MalibuGold)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-23-2014, 8:16 AM Reply   
Cool, that's is a solid wave.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-23-2014, 8:46 AM Reply   
Supra has become the new MB on WW. It funny how people are okay with a supra have a 100K+ price tag but throw darts at MC/CC for their 100K+ boats. Don't get me wrong, Supra has been around for a good while and have come along way, but they still don't have the name like CC and MC have for building a superior boat. I have owned a Moomba, two Malibu's and a MC(current). MC and CC build quality is the most detailed out of any boat manufacturers and Malibu is right there with them IMO. I have been in everyone of the boats that is mentioned here and had the pleasure to look around in the new Supras. Don't even get me started on Centurion. They are nice boats but I wouldn't pay that much for a Supra or Centurion. I know that is a personal opinion but if I'm going to pay that much for a boat I'm going to go to a manufacturer like MC or CC that has been known for its build quality for years and has great resale value.

I'm sure I will get blasted for this but this is how I feel..... Opinions are like A$$h*les, everyone has one.....
Old     (MalibuGold)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-23-2014, 12:40 PM Reply   
Good point. After I put my foot in my mouth on this thread not knowing that SUPRA had a boat this expensive I did some research. I think that the SUPRA is probably a very nice boat. However, the main concern I read over and over is that if you pay 130K for one now it may loose allot of value after a few years whereas the others keep the re-sale better. These are not my words just what I read. Also keep in mind I am not in the market for a 130K boat. I am more of a value guy. I think that I am about prepared to drop about 70K on an A24 with the vette motor if I can find one. That's the plan. Still allot for a boat in my opinion. If I had an open checkbook the G is a sweeeeet boat.
Old     (Tims)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-23-2014, 1:01 PM Reply   
^^^^^ Most of the used 2013 SA's and SC"s selling online are taking the same depreciation hit as a used Malibu or MC.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-23-2014, 1:32 PM Reply   
I always think its funny that people say MC/CC are "superior" boats, says who a, MC/CC owner? Same people that think Harley's are superior motorcycles. My buddy has an 08 CC and it rattles and squeaks so bad its annoying to rid in. Name recognition doesn't always mean it better.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       10-23-2014, 2:43 PM Reply   
^^ your buddy must have a lemon
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       10-23-2014, 4:51 PM Reply   
Maybe, its a 08' 236. It rides rough, rattles and before the FAE had the worst exhaust smell. I also think the wake plate or whatever they call it is clunky and doesn't really make much of a change of the wake.
Old     (MalibuGold)      Join Date: Oct 2014       10-24-2014, 6:22 AM Reply   
Only time will tell. We will see. If the economy starts having problems again all these boats are going to depreciate heavily.