Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       04-16-2013, 8:15 AM Reply   
I took some video this past weekend with my gopro. It saves the video as MP4. I have 2 questions

1) is there a way to shrink the files to email them. My email only lets me maklmupnto 25 MB so the files are way to large

2) is there a way to make the video save o a different format other than mp4 so I can upload to YouTube without having to convert it to .mov or something YouTube accepts?
Old     (roshenper)      Join Date: May 2013       05-23-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
Have you got any problems with sending large email files? Don't worry, I found the solution click here to view. This offers you the most simplicity work, send large emails with just one click
Old     (homedawg678)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-23-2013, 11:16 AM Reply   
If you want it anything other than mp4 you're gonna have to convert it....

check out mpeg streamclip. free convertor that is actually worth a lot
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-23-2013, 11:34 AM Reply   
google has drive which is super easy to use.. just attach like you would an email and then it will say its too large and put in on drive for you then when you send it, it will ask you to allow the people you email it to access and just click accept and it will work just like email.

Side Note: Roshen Perera is just advertising for some crappy thing you have to pay for dont listen to him.
Old     (petrie141)      Join Date: Jun 2012       05-23-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by runin90lx View Post
2) is there a way to make the video save o a different format other than mp4 so I can upload to YouTube without having to convert it to .mov or something YouTube accepts?
I upload all of my stuff as an mp4 to youtube. No conversion needed. I second using mpeg streamclip, I've used it for a few years now, super easy and best of all, free!
Old     (raboni)      Join Date: Jul 2013       07-16-2013, 1:57 AM Reply   
You can shrink the size of your MP4 files by using AppGeeker video converter, it has options to manually set the file size to fit your need.

However, please keep in mind that the smaller the file, the greater the loss of quality. I dont know what is size of your original mp4 files, you may consider split the file into some small parts to email (AppGeeker also handle that stuff).

As for uploading MP4 files into YouTube, you can directly do that on your computer with interrupt. But it would be better to convert them to a .flv file extension (the mostly used format for distributing videos online) that YouTube accepts well.

See: How to Convert FLV to MP4 (or MP4 to FLV ) for Mac/ Windows

Hope it is useful.
Old     (Madrille)      Join Date: Oct 2017       10-19-2017, 8:19 PM Reply   
Hello,
I am late but focuses on sharing.
1. Reduce Video Resolution
Usually, users use the GoPro to shoot video with 4K resolution, and the output of 1080P is enough to cope with the demand. In the Settings window, you are allowed to change video resolution. Take the resolution of 1920x1080 as the output resolution, and then start the GoPro 4K to 1080P conversion.

2. Lower Video Bit Rate
As we know, the Bit Rate of video not only determines the quality of the video, but also the file volume is proportional to the Bit Rate, so we can lower the Bit Rate to compress GoPro videos. Open the Settings window and customize the Bit Rate.

3. Adjust Frame Rate
If you shoot video with a Frame Rate of 60 fps or higher, you can adjust it to 30 fps in the Settings window.

4. Adjust Compression Setting Bar
Check the Compression Setting bar at the bottom. Drag the slider to adjust Compression Ratio to achieve the purpose of compressing GoPro videos.

source from http://www.videoconverterfactory.com...pro-video.html
Old     (WakesurfMedia)      Join Date: Sep 2017       07-24-2018, 5:36 AM Reply   
Just to piggy back off of others here, for most video files that come off of a GoPro or smartphone you don't need a 3rd party conversion software. The only exception we've found to that are videos shot with a GoPro in 4k at 60fps or 1080 at 240fps. They use a cinematic codec for those videos which most computers can understand but not really edit well.

We'd also suggest not shrinking the file size using one of those apps as it usually loses resolution. The best way to send videos is through Google Drive or Dropbox. That way the file comes through at full resolution and you don't have to mess with any file sizes.

Lastly, as others have mentioned, YouTube accepts MP4 videos. All of our videos are saved as .mp4 and they all work just fine. GoPro has a free editing tool available for download so if you're feeling creative give it a try. It's pretty much a standard video editing software so even if your footage doesn't come from a GoPro it can still be edited. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...Muy8AZKdLxqG5W