Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 13, 2007

Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-02-2007, 8:51 AM Reply   
I have an integrated bow sac on the way and eventually will add an extra ballast pump, etc ... to fill/drain it. However, in the interim, I am planning to fill/drain the sac manually with a Tsunami pump. My question is, has anyone tapped into the overflow line, of the center ballast bag, to fill the bow sac? I'm confident the bow sac would fill, however, what I don't know is whether the sac would fully drain? It seems as if it should work, but, before cutting the hose and doing the installation, I wanted to ask.

By the way, I would run the new overflow line from the bow sac to the original outlet.

Thanks for your help, and damn this snow!
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-02-2007, 9:31 AM Reply   
just make sure you put check valves in so that when you drain one, it doesnt drain into the other bag. otherwise you should be fine.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-02-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
I am about to do the exact same project. I'll let you know when I get mine done, or if you get done first, please post the results.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-02-2007, 10:15 AM Reply   
As an alternative to a check valve I installed a three way valve in the front of the rear locker. When the center sack is full I switch it over and it fills the integrated bow bag.

I used the bottom opening in the bow bag's front part for the fill/empty valve. With that setup, it will need a bit of lifting of the "legs" to fully empty, but that is fine by me as I like to fold the bag up a bit anyway to allow the storage compartments to dry out.

Like you propose, I t:ed into the original overflow line.

This setup works great and is easy to do. IMHO, you will need a bit more weight up front than the center and the integrated bow sack though. We stuck some pop bags by each kick panel as well.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-02-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
dj, I anticipate never filling one sac with out the other, but, I see your point, which is good.

Andrew, I'll post the results. . . plan to do the install, here in the next two weeks or so . . .have to wait for the ice to melt, before a test run.

fb, yes, I also plan to have a sac in the walk way, for the necessary added weight. I'm keeping my eyes out for a single 400# Fly High v-drive sac for sale. Until then, I will use a 250# side sac.

I plan on splitting the fill/drain line, to the bow sac, so as to fill/drain both 'legs' of the sac, simultaneously. I'm hoping it holds true that, indeed, there are caps at each 'leg' of the sac. . . we'll see.
Old     (getbigmatt)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-02-2007, 11:49 AM Reply   
Im thinking about plumbing in the same sac in the front of my 04' VLX. How much weight do you think I would get out of the integrated bow sac; I doubt I will be able to fill completly? Or will I?
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       03-02-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
I did something similar on our former X10. Built a manifold to switch b/w the two. There's a thread somewhere. I'll find it and report back.

Here it is...
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/80747.html?1066754983#POST282442

Sorry, I misread your post. I didn't tap into the overflow.

(Message edited by P-hat in Cincy on March 02, 2007)
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-02-2007, 1:52 PM Reply   
Hey Paul, thanks man. Can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, regarding our riding season . . . not too much longer. And finally, rolling on these boat projects. On your bow sac, are there two fill/drain plugs at the legs of the sac? Also, in your opinion, do you think that attempting to drain the bow sac down and through the ski locker sac, is feasible?

Thanks.
Old     (shelstad)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-02-2007, 2:24 PM Reply   
Barrett Here is how I rec. people plumb their integrated bow sac in:
Upload
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-02-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Hey Christopher, sweet, that is how I was hoping to do it. The sac has not yet arrived, so I was not sure whether there would be two fill/drain fittings. Thanks for the post, greatly appreciated.

Cheers.
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-08-2007, 10:30 PM Reply   
I got the bow sac installed, and replaced the rear hard tanks with 400# sacs, as well. For all you 205V owners, that have installed the bow sac; when you fill the sac, do your cup holders pop out? It's looking pretty crampt under those seats . Also, have any of you verified the weight gained with the sac completely full? My guess is 200 to 250# or so. Anywho, thanks again for all the advice.
Old     (1boarder_kevin)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-09-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
my first post

I have the bow sack installed in my X1 and my cupholders pop out also. When they pop up, you know you are done - kind of like cooking a turkey and looking for the indicator to pop up when it is done.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       03-09-2007, 3:50 PM Reply   
Barret,
Yes! The cup holders pop out, but now that the bow filler sub box is there.

BTW...Chris got it spot on, except I Y'd my left top leg port to my vent line.
Old     (fbroen)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-09-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
I ended taking out what we used to call the getto ballast gauges, and put two louvered vent covers in their place.
Old     (phat_in_cincy)      Join Date: May 2003       03-09-2007, 6:38 PM Reply   
fb..."getto ballast gauges"...good one!

Barrett...sorry...I was running out of the house on my last post. How did you finally connect the bow sac? I did mine very similar to what Chris posted above. Here are some actual pictures from my install.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (rwb)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-10-2007, 2:01 PM Reply   
Hey Paul, I spliced into the vent line from the ski locker sac, and extended that line to the two bow sac fill ports. I then ran a new vent line from the bow sac to the original vent port, at the bow. I will be doing a test run this week, to see if it works out. Eventually, I plan to run another pump for the bow sac, so this set up is temporary. We'll see. I'm going to start thinking about making an enclosure that will fit around the bow cup holder, and prevent them from popping out. Perhaps, form the enclosure out of melted down lead.

I'm excited to finally start riding again.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-11-2007, 9:47 AM Reply   
Hey Paul,I was just wondering if you had any problems emptying/filling your bow sack on just a switch or do you have to man handle it a little to get it empty/full?