Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (BABzUSA)      Join Date: Jan 2018       02-08-2018, 4:47 PM Reply   
As I’m sure all of you have now realized, the first thread was deleted as advertising which violates the board rules. This was my fault entirely. But now BABz are an official Wake World advertiser! So lets try this again…

I realize its still February and most people aren’t doing a lot of boating. But I’m too excited to not show you a new product I’ve been working on.

These came to be from me just not liking any of the options out there for fenders. They were either too hard, scuffing my white and black hull, too small, not durable enough, didn't last, warped, etc. I know there are companies already out there offering this ball style. But after trying out several different kinds over the years and not being happy, I decided to make some better ones of my own. I’ve been testing the prototypes out myself all this past summer and I love them. I felt like every time I was on the lake someone would ask me about them. After many months the first batch have finally arrived here in Austin, TX.

I’ve dubbed them BABz (Big Ass Ballz).

I wanted these to be made to last and tough enough to take the punishment of a dock or larger boat. To allow for this, these are made from a thick, durable, but soft plastic blend. Much thicker than the competition. The handle itself is reenforced with an even harder, thicker plastic. The air filler location is also reenforced to eliminate leaks or tearing associated with constant inflating and deflating.

These aren’t called Big Ass Ballz for nothing. These are the largest fenders of their kind on the market. These will inflate all the way up to around 24 inches if needed. The thickness of the ball itself allows for different sizes of inflation and firmness for different situations. The larger size allows you to put these at the water level when tied up at the cove and not have to worry about hanging them at just the right height. Of course, you can hang these in the traditional style for even more separation or protection.

I’ve incorporated a plug style for inflation. This allows you to blow these up with the same 12v air pump you use for other inflatables or with your own lungs. No needles or valves.

For now BABz are only available in black with the white logo. But in the future more colors will be offered. It is also important to note the logo is only on one side. If you’d prefer the no logo look, you can simply flip them over.

The website is up and running at www.babzusa.com . It is nothing special right now. But it fulfills its purpose of allowing you to order. I work on it almost every day. So hopefully it will build and grow into something special. I encourage everyone to give it a look and also follow the various BABz social media accounts.

I’d like to send some sets of these out absolutely free of charge. If you’d like a set of these, just comment below. Sunday evening I will draw 5 members randomly. Simply comment on this thread to place your name in the hat. Once the winners are drawn I will contact you for shipping information.

All I ask is you tell the boating community what you think about them. These should be on Amazon very shortly. I encourage everyone who receives a set to leave a review their.

So here we go. Lets give away some Big Ass Ballz!
Attached Images