Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-11-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
I realize this is a long shot, but I'm gunna throw a post up about it anyway. A couple weeks back, my cable setup was stolen from the back of my truck in College Station, Texas. Yes, I'm an idiot for leaving my board out where it was vulnerable. It's a 2012 CTRL Hustle (green and black primarily) with Hyperlite Systems and 2013 Process boots (black boots, blue trim). It's a fairly unique setup - I've only seen 1 other person riding the same combo. Not trying or asking for anyone to get a stalking mission going, but if anyone sees a combo like this at a cable park in Texas I'd be greatly appreciate of a message. Has anyone actually managed to have any luck turning up a stolen board? What did you do to locate and recover it? Thanks guys!
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-11-2014, 7:55 PM Reply   
Keep an eye on Craigslist in the area and ebay. They probably won't be selling it as a package so look for the board and binding set up separately. Good luck!
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-12-2014, 7:47 AM Reply   
I had mine, my wife's and my dad's cable boards lifted out of the back of my truck this time last year (had a bed cover, but didn't lock it). It will be tough to get your hands back on them, but good luck.

Who would have the balls to ride a stolen board? The wakeboard gods will surely strike you down for that one.
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-12-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
Sucks that even in this small sport there are scumbags who will steal a board.....

I hope you find it, good luck.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       11-12-2014, 10:50 AM Reply   
Thats brutal, but I'll keep my eye out down here in houston. What color of system bindings?
Old     (sambo13)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-12-2014, 5:05 PM Reply   
These guys.
Attached Images

Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       11-12-2014, 5:15 PM Reply   
I would probably just write it off as a life lesson and move on. It sucks but I also think you learned a valuable lesson here. Just be happy it wasn't your truck or your house.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       11-12-2014, 6:59 PM Reply   
Someone at OWC had their board stolen recently and it was caught on camera. Apparently they were able to identify the person.
Old     (pipeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2003       11-14-2014, 12:58 PM Reply   
i had someone try to lift my snowboard once at mammoth mtn.

luckily i came outta the food court just in time... noticed my board missing, looked around and spotted it in the hands of the thief walking away with it about 40 yards away.

ran em down and grabbed it back. they just played it off like woops i grabbed the wrong board.

yea right. my board is all drawn on and stickered and ish. pretty hard to mistake it for another board.

Last edited by pipeboarder; 11-14-2014 at 12:59 PM. Reason: added stuff