Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-02-2011, 5:40 PM Reply   
My HSE volume control stopped working on me this weekend. Does anyone know where I can get another one since they are no longer around or should I just get a boost box and who carries those.

Also I've got an amp feeding into an Eclipse eq and now that I removed the HSE unit I can't quite remember how it was hooked up and since HSE is no longer around I can't contact them. I believe I had the main input off of the eq going to the HSE input and then I had a rca cable from the HSE output going to the eq input. Does that sound right?

Thx, Pete
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-02-2011, 6:45 PM Reply   
Pete,
We once offered the HSE and now offer the Boost Box. Contact Odin at Earmark and he may be able to find an HSE service facility for you.
The HSE follows the source unit and is in the signal path before the EQ. There is no other way.
With the Boost Box the source unit is connected directly to the EQ since the BB is not in the signal path and operates within the HU remote control circuit.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-02-2011, 7:20 PM Reply   
Thanks David. I'll give Odin a call and I also have a call into Jim at HSE. If they can't help me out I'll order the boostbox. Will it work with a Sony MEX-BT3900U deck and are the featuers similar to to HSE Unit.

Thx, Pete
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-02-2011, 7:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter19u View Post
Thanks David. I'll give Odin a call and I also have a call into Jim at HSE. If they can't help me out I'll order the boostbox. Will it work with a Sony MEX-BT3900U deck and are the featuers similar to to HSE Unit.

Thx, Pete
I had a boost box with the 3800u and it worked great. Don't see why it wouldn't work with the 3900u. Are you using bluetooth a lot though? If you are and if you have an iphone, adaptunes works great too and it only costs ninety nine cents.
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-02-2011, 7:49 PM Reply   
I primarily connect my Iphone to eq with a rca connector. I tried Bluetooth and it cut out alot. If I go with the Boost Box will I still be able to use the aux on the EQ. That is where I currently connect my iphone.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-02-2011, 8:13 PM Reply   
Yes, a BB will work with any Sony that has a hardwired remote control provision or a universal version will work with any HU that has an IR target.
You won't be using the EQ to patch in your source. Instead you will hardwire into the Sony HU. It has that input available. This way the BB will function on all sources including your iphone.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-02-2011, 9:31 PM Reply   
I connect my ipone to the aux on the eq. Will the boost box be able to control the volume of the iphone as well since it's going through the eq., Man I really wish HSE was still around. I loved that thing but for some reason when I turn it on I only hear the music very quitely. When I hook the source RCA jacks to the eq everything works perfectly,
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-02-2011, 10:03 PM Reply   
Is it on or off? Where is the large volume knob at? Is it on aux or main? Just seeing if you've made sure a bottom isn't pushed in the wrong orientation.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       08-03-2011, 5:20 AM Reply   
Peter,
The only way for the BB to control the iphone volume is if the iphone is connected into your Sony HU.
If the HU were to be on the port side, a transverse wiring kit can place it at the driver's side again. In any case its a simple change.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-03-2011, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
I primarily connect my Iphone to eq with a rca connector. I tried Bluetooth and it cut out alot. If I go with the Boost Box will I still be able to use the aux on the EQ. That is where I currently connect my iphone.
adaptunes would also work (through your EQ) if you use the headphone jack instead of the bottom dock connector on the phone.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
I have a brand new in the box HSE I never installed as I sold the boat. If your interested send me a PM.
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-03-2011, 8:47 AM Reply   
Thanks for the offer tim. Jim from HSE is going to take a look at my unit. If he can't fix it I'll be on touch. Jim at HSE is top notch. I really hope he starts manufacturing the HSE unit again. It's a must have.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-03-2011, 9:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Thanks for the offer tim. Jim from HSE is going to take a look at my unit. If he can't fix it I'll be on touch. Jim at HSE is top notch. I really hope he starts manufacturing the HSE unit again. It's a must have.
Indeed! He's a good dude and this unit is a must have.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-03-2011, 9:22 AM Reply   
Jim's a great guy who came up with a great product. I talked to him about stopping the HSE and its just a case of the big guys taking out the little guy.
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-03-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
That sucks. You always getter better service from the smaller guys.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-03-2011, 12:05 PM Reply   
It seems to me that an iphone/gphone with accelerometer plus APP would make a decent sound controller. Speed up -- step up to high volume. Slow down -- step down volume. The only challenge would be having the phone control the stereo. But, if the phone was the stereo, this should be relatively easy.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-03-2011, 12:42 PM Reply   
I prefer the Boost Box myself, but it is a must have.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-05-2011, 5:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
It seems to me that an iphone/gphone with accelerometer plus APP would make a decent sound controller. Speed up -- step up to high volume. Slow down -- step down volume. The only challenge would be having the phone control the stereo. But, if the phone was the stereo, this should be relatively easy.
That's adaptunes. It's $.99.
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-06-2011, 6:04 AM Reply   
Pete,
You're going out on your boat without us???? Don't tell me you're making trips to the houseboat too...I thought we were friends...