Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TigeBill25)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-07-2014, 10:19 PM Reply   
I am looking to upgrade my Tige z3 with the custom from Wakemakers. Has anyone done this and if so what are the differences? Good and bad? List to much? Spacial issues, etc?
Old     (whatshesaid)      Join Date: Jun 2013       04-08-2014, 5:52 AM Reply   
Wait for Mike to reply, he is the man for ballast upgrades.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-08-2014, 6:55 AM Reply   
what are you waiting for? Boarding or surfing? I run tige pro ballast in the front, with wake9 sac's for surfing in my z3
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-08-2014, 7:37 AM Reply   
Bill,

The Tige OEM 350# surf sac, which comes with the Surf and Pro level ballast options, is kind of a triangle shape that partially fills the locker. We've a cube Plug-n-Play sac that nets just under 600#. A custom Plug-N-Play, whether its from Wakemakers, Wake9 or MLA, is an "L" shaped enzo style with 4 threaded ports properly placed to be a direct swap out for that OEM 350# surf sac. All 3 have designed their sacs with extra ports as well.

These larger sacs are a huge plus when you are running the Convex-VX. No, not too much list, but you may find that some off-side ballast is needed and every bit of bow weight. Depending on what year your Z3 is, you may need some additional fittings.

There are quite a few Z3, and other Tige model owners, who have swapped out the OEM 350# sac for a custom. Check them out on the tigeowners site.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-08-2014, 8:00 AM Reply   
Mike is the man! I use MLA exclusively even though wakemakers and wake9 are 3000 miles closer. He's better, smarter, nicer and just an all around good guy. I called him last week with a battery question and he answered with a "what's up, stranger?" I haven't talked to him since last summer when I had a stereo issue on the water. He answered on the weekend well after hours. He's a stud and I personally think an individual would have to be crazy not to use him for everything they can.

I do use the wakemakers site as a reference tool. It's a nice site. I just like the personal service and knowledge of MLA. I certainly would never buy anything from wake9.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-08-2014, 10:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigeBill25 View Post
I am looking to upgrade my Tige z3 with the custom from Wakemakers. Has anyone done this and if so what are the differences? Good and bad? List to much? Spacial issues, etc?
They are all very similar. Wakemakers does offer more ports on the custom Z3 which could be a good thing if you are wanting to optimize the flow of water both in and out of the bag. At the end of the day it's a bag that holds water that in turn displaces more of the boats hull to produce a better result behind the swim platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fence_sence View Post
Mike is the man! I use MLA exclusively even though wakemakers and wake9 are 3000 miles closer. He's better, smarter, nicer and just an all around good guy. I called him last week with a battery question and he answered with a "what's up, stranger?" I haven't talked to him since last summer when I had a stereo issue on the water. He answered on the weekend well after hours. He's a stud and I personally think an individual would have to be crazy not to use him for everything they can.

I do use the wakemakers site as a reference tool. It's a nice site. I just like the personal service and knowledge of MLA. I certainly would never buy anything from wake9.
I would have to agree that Mike is the man. He goes above and beyond to make sure his customers get everything they need and nothing that they do not. In fact I have sent customers his way when I knew they would benefit from his Tige knowledge.

I know that a lot of people showroom the Wakemakers site in order to develop a plan to make their wake experience better. Frankly we are fine with that. My personal mission is to increase the amount of knowledge and product data for those that need it. The site is a tool and that concept will continue to evolve over time.
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-08-2014, 10:42 AM Reply   
what is MLA? is it a site?
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-08-2014, 10:49 AM Reply   
Mike's Liquid Audio in North Carolina.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-08-2014, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerwm View Post
I would have to agree that Mike is the man. He goes above and beyond to make sure his customers get everything they need and nothing that they do not. In fact I have sent customers his way when I knew they would benefit from his Tige knowledge.

I know that a lot of people showroom the Wakemakers site in order to develop a plan to make their wake experience better. Frankly we are fine with that. My personal mission is to increase the amount of knowledge and product data for those that need it. The site is a tool and that concept will continue to evolve over time.

Its certainly nothing personal against Wakemakers. I hooked up with Mike from the Tigeowners website. He has taken very good care of me from day one and I'm fiercely loyal to that type of service.

Last edited by fence_sence; 04-08-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old     (TigeBill25)      Join Date: Mar 2014       04-10-2014, 6:56 AM Reply   
I have talked with Wakemakers and they are saying the custom sacks with Xlink system. The totals for the port rear are 1,400# and 1,100# for the Starboard. I cuttentky run the 600# in the rear and add two 400# sacks in the middle of the boat. So... I have 1,400 currently and I figure the only advantage is going to be the switch. Not having to manually fill and empty is worth $$ how much? 2k... Not sure.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-10-2014, 7:05 AM Reply   
I have 1 custom sac from MLA and 1 from wakemakers in my RZ2. It turns out that the one I got from wm was a blem that MLA refused from fly high. It worked out for perfect for my setup but it does show the standard that MLA is trying to keep. I am so glad I spent the money on the custom sacs, worth it in the long run. I spent a few years manually filling and it was a relief when I got both of them hooked up. Yes, they are expensive but worth it.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-10-2014, 9:15 AM Reply   
Absolutely worth it. It still makes me happy when I hit the switches. I guess after enough years of manually filling sacs, the money I spent on automation means nothing. It's gone and what's left is wonderful convenience.

FWIW, mine are full custom, one offs. They are not the "custom Tige" sacs.