Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 22, 2005

Old    jayp            11-19-2005, 8:04 PM Reply   
We were out today above the falls. Had the whole river to ourselves. except for a guy riding an airchair, then two guys went by on waverunners and that was it.

The water was about 50 degrees on a 55 degree day. Clear blue sky and hardly any wind. The water wasn't glass, but it was smooth. I was only able to ride once. I was going to ride again but my drysuit ripped on one of the ankle pieces.

It was still a great day to be out on the river. I enjoy the sunny cold days when nobody else is out. The summer is fun but I like the solitude just as much. If you have the proper gear you don't even notice the cold. And you have the water all to yourself.

Not much happened behind the boat. A few things but someone forgot the camera.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-19-2005, 8:34 PM Reply   
Yeah we rode out of newberg and had pretty much the same thing, it was a great day. Last year we rode year round and we plan to go as much as possible this year also.
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-20-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
Nick, your an ironman, good to talk to you at AWS on friday. If you come back to C.O. for thanksgiving give us a call, might try to drag Robby & Alex off the Mountin & go out to Billy if it's not to cold.
Old     (shagman)      Join Date: Sep 2004       11-20-2005, 10:19 AM Reply   
Cool Randy, I'll bring my drysuit home and definitely give you a ring.
Old     (06centurion)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-20-2005, 10:44 AM Reply   
Ill be riding at Dexter Tuesday
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-20-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
If I had a drysuit i would probaly still be riding even though I am terrible, got to learn somehow though. Anyone know of a local instructor?