Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (landonpowell)      Join Date: Feb 2015       02-23-2016, 2:46 PM Reply   
My family is gonna be selling our 2013 Mastercraft X25, I'm looking at a 2000 Nautique Super Sport. Im a wakeboarder and I wanna boost it to the Heavens. How big can i get this wake if the boat is slammed with weight? Any setups for me?
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-23-2016, 6:52 PM Reply   
We always ran 500 on either side of the motor (if no factory tanks). 600 locker sack, 400 in the walk thru. If crew was light another 400 in the bow
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-23-2016, 6:53 PM Reply   
Similar feel to the x25, but much more consistent in my opinion
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-24-2016, 9:49 AM Reply   
I have a 2000 Super Air, which is basically the same boat but the Super Sport may not have hard tanks (idk).

I love the boat. You certainly can go huge but technique is also necessary. The great thing about the wake is that you can have it basically unweighted for getting your technique down and then weight the crap out of it and fly.

Here is a video of some friends and I behind mine a few years ago. I think we were running to sacks in the middle and a sack in the bow besides the hard tanks. At about the 2:10 mark you can see me next to the wake to gauge the size. 13:18 has a big roll to revert by my friend.

I love the boat and don't think I'll ever need another.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-24-2016, 11:53 AM Reply   
I had a 95' Supersport (same hull).

We ran 1000 lbs rear (500 each side of the engine), 650 lbs (pro-x fat seat bottom) in the ski locker, and ~600 in the bow (pro-x triangle sac under the bow seats) .... that gave us a pretty good wake. Very steep unless we got 800+ lbs in the bow, that helped take the lip off. Very touchy with left/right weight.... we kept two 80 lb. lead bricks in to help offset people. Edging out hard one way or the other would wash things out on the far side, which isn't a big deal.

Some of our 95's wake

Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-25-2016, 11:39 PM Reply   
Love a ride behind an old skoool 210. Best economical wake possible.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       02-26-2016, 7:06 AM Reply   
I loved my 95 super sport. I had older bags so these weight's seem alittle off from what sizes bag come in now a days.

560 total in the back lockers
680 lunch pad cooler bag in the ski locker (The one that came with a spot to put ice and drinks. don't ask why)
500 roughly in a triangle open bow bag. I slide it under the sun pad in the bow and could only fill it up about half way because of space.

1740 pounds and it was really good. Some time I would just feel the back and bow bags and leave the ski locker one empty and it was still a really good wake.

Anything over 1000 pounds will make a really good wake.