Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-28-2018, 5:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Wes & other Liberal Loons: Not like it even matters but! to refresh you small minds the Dow Sinks the Day After Election of Obozo. Dow started the day down about 100 points, fell 200 points by noon and ended the day down about 490 points or 5.3 percent. The Nasdaq lost 5.6 percent and the S&P 500 lost 5.3 percent.
YES WE CAN! LOL LOL LOL
Actually, the market performed a little better during President Obama's first several months in office than it has during Trump's first several months."
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-28-2018, 5:13 PM Reply   
New page... Woo hoo
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-28-2018, 7:13 PM Reply   
Not sure if it’s amusing or disturbing. All the same, like a train wreck, I return and read. Good God, it’s apparent, in 2018 you don’t need any knowledge of a topic to discuss it for pages on end. Respond and feign intelligence on the subject or maybe not intelligence, just limited knowledge.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-28-2018, 9:51 PM Reply   
It’s official... Grant has become the russiabot of WW
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-29-2018, 6:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
It’s official... Grant has become the russiabot of WW
Seriously crossed my mind, his account was hijacked or something. Then I realized AI couldn't possibly capture the spelling and grammar issues so accurately.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-29-2018, 6:57 AM Reply   
Maybe some pictures will help!
Reading these comments remind me of a special Olympic event I went to where the autistic kids and the down syndrome children were calling each other names. The autistic kids were laughing and pointing at the down syndrome kids and yelling at them, "your retarded"! Then, the down syndrome kids would yell back at the autistic kids "your stupid"!
Attached Images

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-29-2018, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post
Respond and feign intelligence on the subject or maybe not intelligence, just limited knowledge.
Nobody would ever accuse Grant of feigning intelligence, or even limited knowledge.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-29-2018, 10:00 AM Reply   
Hey Joe: you like the 4th person to in this thread to claim that you were at the “Special Olymipcs” when this yelling match took place. Are you sure that you were not one of the “special people” competing in the event?

But I thank you for bringing up your fake story. It’s very much like all the rest of the stuff the rest of story’s the Liberal loons repeat here. (Fake & full of fake outrage). Serious who here is debating or offering a counter point to the crap they spew? This thread has become a Liberal circle jeark. Where Wes is pulling on Fly’s “135” & Fake77 is got a reach around on the next in line.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-29-2018, 10:20 AM Reply   
Hey a Trumpanzee is speaking. Lets all listen to the rational argument Grant will now provide...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2018, 11:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Maybe some pictures will help!
Reading these comments remind me of a special Olympic event I went to where the autistic kids and the down syndrome children were calling each other names. The autistic kids were laughing and pointing at the down syndrome kids and yelling at them, "your retarded"! Then, the down syndrome kids would yell back at the autistic kids "your stupid"!
Nice selfie you took there on the left. How’d you manage to do that with your fingers on your cheeks?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-29-2018, 12:37 PM Reply   
1 year, 221 days, 3 hours, 0 minutes and 11 seconds

and Trump is still your president
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-29-2018, 12:41 PM Reply   
Welcome back Rod (if that really is you).

And yes, thank god Trump is still president - would be worse with Pence. Hopefully Trump can hold out until closer to 2020.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-29-2018, 12:45 PM Reply   
Cant we get back to posting more liberal loony stuff?
Orange snowflake cryin and lyin again.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-left-wing-ou/
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-29-2018, 12:46 PM Reply   
LOL, Rod is back. Welcome.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-29-2018, 12:57 PM Reply   
it is me. Did my first backroll behind your boat Wes on the north delta off hwy 12.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-29-2018, 12:57 PM Reply   
and more like 2024
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-29-2018, 1:00 PM Reply   
Those were the days! Looking forward to moving back to the bay next year.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-29-2018, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Nice selfie you took there on the left. How’d you manage to do that with your fingers on your cheeks?
No Mark, that was YOU!, right there next to your friend Grant!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-29-2018, 2:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Hey Joe: you like the 4th person to in this thread to claim that you were at the “Special Olymipcs” when this yelling match took place. Are you sure that you were not one of the “special people” competing in the event?
But I thank you for bringing up your fake story. It’s very much like all the rest of the stuff the rest of story’s the Liberal loons repeat here. (Fake & full of fake outrage). Serious who here is debating or offering a counter point to the crap they spew? This thread has become a Liberal circle jeark. Where Wes is pulling on Fly’s “135” & Fake77 is got a reach around on the next in line.
Perfect analogy Grant, calling a true story "Fake", shows you decide not to believe the truth. Our good friends have an autistic child who swims every year in the special Olympics at their State competition in Ohio held at the Aquatic pool at the Ohio State University each year. I can give you her number and you can piss her off by your non-belief, but she can confirm the fact that I was at the competition, I'm sure she has many more stories than me! But please don't bring up the circle jeark, whatever that is, very disturbing, Da Moose is more coherent in his communication.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-29-2018, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Those were the days! Looking forward to moving back to the bay next year.
Uh oh. back to the rat race. My daughter just moved back from Hawaii. She is miserable here. She loved it so much over there.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-29-2018, 3:59 PM Reply   
Funny thing is, this thread has literally devolved to everything worse that could be said bad about a Trump tweet.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-29-2018, 4:02 PM Reply   
Yeah my friends relocated here and are lifers I think. School situation is a mess though, and culturally it’s very limited (food, music, etc). And the work ethic/trying to get anything done is a pain in the ass.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-29-2018, 6:06 PM Reply   
If you don't LOL at this, you are probably a TrumpTard!
https://boingboing.net/2018/08/28/ra...rump-song.html
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-30-2018, 12:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you don't LOL at this, you are probably a TrumpTard!
https://boingboing.net/2018/08/28/ra...rump-song.html
"Funny thing is, this thread has literally devolved to everything worse that could be said bad about a Trump tweet. "

Case in point.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       08-30-2018, 12:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yeah my friends relocated here and are lifers I think. School situation is a mess though, and culturally it’s very limited (food, music, etc). And the work ethic/trying to get anything done is a pain in the ass.
Had your fill of spam? I would think your IT skills would help with spam.

Work wise, it seemed like a captive audience, however it looks like you almost have to have generational wealth to be a worker bee over there. If you have generational wealth (housing), then a high output job did not seem like a need. My daughter was working and going to school. She seemed to be able to get a job reasonably fast.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-30-2018, 12:56 PM Reply   
I can work from anywhere (at home) so I didn't need to worry about the job situation - but yes unemployment is typically pretty low here. It's more about the general work ethic on the islands - no one gives a rat's ass about or takes pride in their work (couple that with low unemployment and it's not a good story for employers). And trying to get a home established for a family is just ridiculous. Can't find anyone to service a refrigerator for example - parts for stuff take weeks to source (even amazon prime is 3-7 business days lol). Better hope the plumber/electrician/whatever you scheduled with is not a surfer because if the waves are good that appointment isn't happening. No competition for anything so cars are more expensive, etc etc.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-30-2018, 6:57 PM Reply   
Well this explains everything: Wes is the king of looking for Pokémon
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-30-2018, 10:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
I can work from anywhere (at home) so I didn't need to worry about the job situation - but yes unemployment is typically pretty low here. It's more about the general work ethic on the islands - no one gives a rat's ass about or takes pride in their work (couple that with low unemployment and it's not a good story for employers). And trying to get a home established for a family is just ridiculous. Can't find anyone to service a refrigerator for example - parts for stuff take weeks to source (even amazon prime is 3-7 business days lol). Better hope the plumber/electrician/whatever you scheduled with is not a surfer because if the waves are good that appointment isn't happening. No competition for anything so cars are more expensive, etc etc.
Sounds like you’re surrounded by a bunch of liberals. Maybe you don’t offer your employees a competitive wage. I think they should form a union and make you pay them more. Enjoy your blue state with very few red areas!
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-30-2018, 10:15 PM Reply   
Actually it's the red areas here that are a huge part of the problem. Property tax/education changes have been fought here for countless decades (all the way back to plantation owners who not only didn't want to pay more in prop tax but preferred an uneducated working class). I will say if you are a talented and dependable GC now is the time to move to hawaii - more work than you'd know what to do with and a ton of $$$$ too...

Regardless, very much looking forward to getting back to my blue state with few red areas - even if it means sharing it with you and your fellow troll Grant - just 5 more months! (btw, all my employees are on the mainland already)

Last edited by pesos; 08-30-2018 at 10:19 PM.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-31-2018, 12:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Had your fill of spam? I would think your IT skills would help with spam.
Missed this when on my phone earlier. Well played.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-31-2018, 6:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
"Funny thing is, this thread has literally devolved to everything worse that could be said bad about a Trump tweet. "
The difference being you guys elected it to lead the nation.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-31-2018, 7:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Actually it's the red areas here that are a huge part of the problem. Property tax/education changes have been fought here for countless decades (all the way back to plantation owners who not only didn't want to pay more in prop tax but preferred an uneducated working class). I will say if you are a talented and dependable GC now is the time to move to hawaii - more work than you'd know what to do with and a ton of $$$$ too...

Regardless, very much looking forward to getting back to my blue state with few red areas - even if it means sharing it with you and your fellow troll Grant - just 5 more months! (btw, all my employees are on the mainland already)
There goes the neighborhood....
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-31-2018, 1:49 PM Reply   
He promised to take care of the forgotten Americans, done.
https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...es-100-billion
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-31-2018, 9:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
There goes the neighborhood
Yes please move back to Berkeley. Or as commonly referd to as a “But-hole containment zone”
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-04-2018, 6:29 PM Reply   
No can do.

Although based on the interviews in Woodward's new book, it sounds like the oval office has become the butthole containment zone (although Kelly et al really seem to be struggling to contain the butthole in chief, maybe because Grant is so far up it!)

“Mattis was particularly exasperated and alarmed, telling close associates that the president acted like — and had the understanding of — ‘a fifth- or sixth-grader.’ ”

White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly frequently lost his temper and told colleagues that he thought the president was “unhinged,” Woodward writes. In one small group meeting, Kelly said of Trump: “He’s an idiot. It’s pointless to try to convince him of anything. He’s gone off the rails. We’re in Crazytown. I don’t even know why any of us are here. This is the worst job I’ve ever had.”

Mocking Sessions’s accent, Trump added: “This guy is mentally retarded. He’s this dumb Southerner. . . . He couldn’t even be a one-person country lawyer down in Alabama.”

Cohn “stole a letter off Trump’s desk” that the president was intending to sign to formally withdraw the United States from a trade agreement with South Korea. Cohn later told an associate that he removed the letter to protect national security and that Trump did not notice that it was missing.

Under orders from the president, Porter drafted a notification letter withdrawing from NAFTA. But he and other advisers worried that it could trigger an economic and foreign relations crisis. So Porter consulted Cohn, who told him, according to Woodward: “I can stop this. I’ll just take the paper off his desk.”

“I would have taken that resignation letter and shoved it up his ass six different times,” Kelly told Cohn, according to Woodward. Kelly himself has threatened to quit several times but has not done so.

Woodward illustrates how the dread in Trump’s orbit became all-encompassing over the course of Trump’s first year in office, leaving some staff members and Cabinet members confounded by the president’s lack of understanding about how government functions and his inability and unwillingness to learn.

At one point, Porter, who departed in February amid domestic abuse allegations, is quoted as saying, “This was no longer a presidency. This is no longer a White House. This is a man being who he is.”

Dowd then explained to Mueller and Quarles why he was trying to keep the president from testifying: “I’m not going to sit there and let him look like an idiot. And you publish that transcript, because everything leaks in Washington, and the guys overseas are going to say, ‘I told you he was an idiot. I told you he was a goddamn dumbbell. What are we dealing with this idiot for?’ ”

Later that month, Dowd told Trump: “Don’t testify. It’s either that or an orange jumpsuit.”

But Trump, concerned about the optics of a president refusing to testify and convinced that he could handle Mueller’s questions, had by then decided otherwise.
“I’ll be a real good witness,” Trump told Dowd, according to Woodward.
“You are not a good witness,” Dowd replied. “Mr. President, I’m afraid I just can’t help you.”
The next morning, Dowd resigned.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.c168ae5ab523
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2018, 8:40 AM Reply   
^^^None of that democrat-promoted soap opera ish matters. Brett Kavanaugh will be confirmed this week and that’s REAL NEWS. Woohoo! Thanks Trump! MAGA!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-05-2018, 11:56 AM Reply   
Why are you excited about Kavanaugh? Why not concerned about a completely unqualified clusterfuuck of a whitehouse. Odd priorities.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2018, 1:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Why are you excited about Kavanaugh? Why not concerned about a completely unqualified clusterfuuck of a whitehouse. Odd priorities.
Call it whatever you want. Doesn’t matter to me as long as positive steps for conservatism continue. Liberals have been having conniption fits since last November. I love it. Keep it going! As for Kavanaugh, I’m just happy that he’s not a liberal activist judge. It’s one of the reasons Trump won. No one wanted the SC screwing with the constitution.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-05-2018, 2:09 PM Reply   
Markj, step back and take a look at what you have. There is an incompetent criminal in the White House. If the Republican Party can't stand up against that then they are lost and have no value to the USA.

Trump is not benefiting the Republican agenda. The longer you keep him in the more damage he has done. Just because he is hurting the democratic agenda more shouldn't be something to celebrate.

It's cutting off the nose to spite the face.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-05-2018, 3:59 PM Reply   
^^True. Some people arnt sharp enough to see it or understand until they are at the nose replacement doctor.
I heard over the weekend trump was pissed at jeff sessions because of the 2 Repubs being indicted, one for campaign finance fraud, as he used over $250K on personal expenses and the other for stock fraud. When did it become ok to beat down law enforcement for arresting felons?
Here. An OP-ED from a Senior Official in the Trump White House. Backs up the Woodward book.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/o...esistance.html
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-05-2018, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blamey View Post
Markj, step back and take a look at what you have. There is an incompetent criminal in the White House. If the Republican Party can't stand up against that then they are lost and have no value to the USA.

Trump is not benefiting the Republican agenda. The longer you keep him in the more damage he has done. Just because he is hurting the democratic agenda more shouldn't be something to celebrate.

And what Republican Agenda is he damaging?

Re-working trade agreements - done
Supreme Court - almost done
Tax Cuts - done
Making Europe pay their fair share for NATO - done in principle. It has at least been addressed
Syria - not hearing much out of there
Middle East in general - not too much news
Oil Prices - still down
Off Shore money coming back - done
Obama Care gutted - done
Rolling back many of the share the wealth environmental laws that ship money out of the US - done
Stamping out almost every anti-American trade (read share the wealth trade clause) - done
Addressing illegal aliens - getting traction, I would not say it is complete

I am not seeing many items that are a losing issue here. Only thing I see playing out is a media driven witch hunt that still has not come up with anything. You democrats literally have only complained about Russians. I can live with the soap opera as stupid as it is because the agenda of middle class Americans is getting done.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-05-2018, 5:38 PM Reply   
Trade agreements done? Did you ask Canada? or the soy farmers? or Harley Davidson, Steel industry? Aluminum industry? Any of our allies? Germany, UK? China? Plan on buying a new car next year? That "trump trade agreement" is going to make it about $3000 more.

Tax cuts were for multi billion dollar corporations and the richest people in the country, I dont think you made the cut.

Supreme court, Trying to cheat the American public out of fully vetting Kavanaugh...is that the new Republican way? This chit is gonna come back and bite repubs down the road. Besides, Trump only names him because he figured it was his best bet to keep from being indicted. ITs the lyin cheating republican senators that are working to pull this abuse off.

Trump Iran sanctions are pushing oil prices higher. Oil, $40-$50 in 2016...$70 today. Check. Oil consumption under trump is going up. It will continue as his administration is reducing gas mileage requirements and anything "environmental". This will be great for your grandkids, wont it.

Off shore money coming back? You mean Paul Manaforts millions he had stashed? Corporations are using their tax break for dividends, stock buy backs and executive bonuses more than anything else.

That separation of families at the border and zero tolerance thing went rather smoothly didn't it. How many ultimatums did the judge give to re-unite? Separating parents from kids with zero plan to re-unite them is sick.

Could not vote Obamacare out so they just kept kicking it in the legs...and its still standing. Red states are learning how much they need it. Its not a popular republican theme for 2020.

Share the wealth? not in trump world.

Middle Americans are losing on most all issues. If you think its "just a soap opera" you didn't read the above op-ed from a trump cabinet member. Educate yourself.
Did you just make up that whole list? lol.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-05-2018, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Trade agreements done? Did you ask Canada? or the soy farmers? or Harley Davidson, Steel industry? Aluminum industry? Any of our allies? Germany, UK? China? Plan on buying a new car next year? That "trump trade agreement" is going to make it about $3000 more.

Tax cuts were for multi billion dollar corporations and the richest people in the country, I dont think you made the cut.

Supreme court, Trying to cheat the American public out of fully vetting Kavanaugh...is that the new Republican way? This chit is gonna come back and bite repubs down the road. Besides, Trump only names him because he figured it was his best bet to keep from being indicted. ITs the lyin cheating republican senators that are working to pull this abuse off.

Trump Iran sanctions are pushing oil prices higher. Oil, $40-$50 in 2016...$70 today. Check. Oil consumption under trump is going up. It will continue as his administration is reducing gas mileage requirements and anything "environmental". This will be great for your grandkids, wont it.

Off shore money coming back? You mean Paul Manaforts millions he had stashed? Corporations are using their tax break for dividends, stock buy backs and executive bonuses more than anything else.

That separation of families at the border and zero tolerance thing went rather smoothly didn't it. How many ultimatums did the judge give to re-unite? Separating parents from kids with zero plan to re-unite them is sick.

Could not vote Obamacare out so they just kept kicking it in the legs...and its still standing. Red states are learning how much they need it. Its not a popular republican theme for 2020.

Share the wealth? not in trump world.

Middle Americans are losing on most all issues. If you think its "just a soap opera" you didn't read the above op-ed from a trump cabinet member. Educate yourself.
Did you just make up that whole list? lol.
Industries will adjust. They can't enjoy the free ride forever. We have to be able to manufacture certain goods in this country. You can not export all your expertise to the lowest bidder. You have to be able to do it here when crap hits the fan.

Actually I did make the cut for tax cuts thank you very much.

Trying to cheat Americans out of vetting? You mean democrats chanting and getting arrested in a formal setting? Who is trying to cheat who? With democrats like your friends, I can absolutely deal without your type. And I am sure you know exactly why Trump nominated him. You democrats would not liked a single person he nominated so there is that. You really are not up for honest discussion when your only fall back is he should not nominate anyone.

Gas prices are pretty much the same. I don't care the consumption is up. That is what happens when you have a good economy. I don't believe in your environmental fascism. Real environmentalists have been replaced by corporate/ government shills who use the environment as an excuse to either tax us, corner a market for themselves, or send our wealth overseas. It has stopped being about the environment or even facts a long time ago.

Corporations can use the money anyway the choose. It is better than sitting offshore. You need to retire right? Your retirement is in those companies. Of course, again you know exactly how all those companies are spending their money and of course your democrat mind always assumes the worst again.

Don't care about the so called families at the border. If you don't want to be separated, then don't perform an illegal act and have any paperwork in order. Not my fault that Obama era laws are being enforced. Do you cry for drug dealers who are separated from their kids daily? Anyone in the prison system you cry for? OR is this more of your democrat mind throwing crap against the wall like a monkey in the zoo?

Obamacare. Yep. Keep removing the funding. Again, You are the expert on red states needing it or not. The more people who have insurance, the costlier care will become. Nothing is ever cheaper by throwing money into a market. You democrats completely forget the rules of economics.

I don't expect Trump to share the wealth. I expect the laws to be followed and for our leaders to not try and break America in the name of their new world order. It is pretty simple to see who is for America and who is against. You democrats have played your hand now. This is a full on culture war. Pro UN vs Pro American. The lines are pretty well defined now.

Didn't you say your were a Republican who just does not like Trump? Pretty sure every single talking point you have ever posted is a democrat talking point since you started will this soap opera. You get some sort of high off this?

I don't read articles about who is ratting out who or who is screwing who in politics, because frankly that is politics. I look for works of policy. Your infatuation in this made up soap opera is growing old. Day after day of some article written by some other biased person, reported by another biased person who hopes that other biased people run around with their a$$ on fire telling the everyone they see how their confirmation bias all match. Get over it.

Start simple:

Do you believe NAFTA was good for the American Worker. Yes or no? Why?
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-05-2018, 6:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Re-working trade agreements - done.
which ones?
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-05-2018, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Industries will adjust. They can't enjoy the free ride forever. We have to be able to manufacture certain goods in this country. You can not export all your expertise to the lowest bidder. You have to be able to do it here when crap hits the fan.
Agree with the first part but there hasn't been any proper trade agreements happening. so there won't be adjusting if things keep changing on Trumps whim. Trade agreements are just that agreements. Slapping tariffs on things is a just a trade war. This is still something in play and we will need to wait to see how it plays out but untimely tariffs != free trade. Trade deficit is increasing at the moment due to the tariffs. Will take time to see how it all plays out.

Quote:
Lucky you, cuts alone may be good for the economy but the cuts need to be paid for some how and the long term effect needs to be analysed. TBD but not very republican to have a h

Quote:
Trying to cheat Americans out of vetting? You mean democrats chanting and getting arrested in a formal setting? Who is trying to cheat who? With democrats like your friends, I can absolutely deal without your type. And I am sure you know exactly why Trump nominated him. You democrats would not liked a single person he nominated so there is that. You really are not up for honest discussion when your only fall back is he should not nominate anyone.
Hmm, seems odd they need to rush this through. Like much of what Trumps does, seems like there is something to hide. But you are right in the end this is a win for Republicans but at a great cost. I would hope that you would want better from your party.

Quote:
Gas prices are pretty much the same. I don't care the consumption is up. That is what happens when you have a good economy. I don't believe in your environmental fascism. Real environmentalists have been replaced by corporate/ government shills who use the environment as an excuse to either tax us, corner a market for themselves, or send our wealth overseas. It has stopped being about the environment or even facts a long time ago.
'environmental fascism', I don't think that is the right term. Global warming aside, corporations need to be kept in check, they don't have our best interests at heart. I am not going to change you mid on this so that's all I would say.

Quote:
Corporations can use the money anyway the choose. It is better than sitting offshore. You need to retire right? Your retirement is in those companies. Of course, again you know exactly how all those companies are spending their money and of course your democrat mind always assumes the worst again.
I think this was a direct response to the idea that the money would come back and be paid to workers. That is not the case. Some of us have Investments but those that were promised to be benefiting from the tax cuts are not. Your Average Republican is likely to be worse off when all is said and done as these cuts will go to the corporations and be paid for by reducing benefits. So while that is acctually traditional Republican policy, it's not what the public was sold.

Quote:
Don't care about the so called families at the border. If you don't want to be separated, then don't perform an illegal act and have any paperwork in order. Not my fault that Obama era laws are being enforced. Do you cry for drug dealers who are separated from their kids daily? Anyone in the prison system you cry for? OR is this more of your democrat mind throwing crap against the wall like a monkey in the zoo?
Punishment should fit the crime, so it depends on what drugs they were selling. That said I don't group poor desperate people looking for a better life in the same category as Drug Dealers. Shooting people who drive drunk on the spot would also reduce drunk driving, doesn't make it right.

Quote:
Obamacare. Yep. Keep removing the funding. Again, You are the expert on red states needing it or not. The more people who have insurance, the costlier care will become. Nothing is ever cheaper by throwing money into a market. You democrats completely forget the rules of economics.
Doesn't help anyone. Couldn't fix it so they are breaking it for what purpose? This is really the worst. Unfortunately Health Care is something that doesn't work with free markets and needs regulation to work. The Republicans can't come up with a better option so they are just ****ing over those that need an alternative to work place health care. On the flip side, health care expense are one of the biggest barriers to leaving a job and staring a business. Pretty much any other developed country has a universal health care system. Keeping a health nation is great for the economy, seems pretty simple to me.

As a side note you sound like someone who has the means to not have to worry about this but you've got to know people who have been ****ed over by a lack of heath care because they lost their job or started a business and couldn't afford insurance. What do you think the answer is?

Quote:
I don't expect Trump to share the wealth. I expect the laws to be followed and for our leaders to not try and break America in the name of their new world order. It is pretty simple to see who is for America and who is against. You democrats have played your hand now. This is a full on culture war. Pro UN vs Pro American. The lines are pretty well defined now.
Didn't trump run on sharing the wealth? helping the poor and the forgotten from middle america? Getting them good well paying jobs. Pro UN vs Pro American, these are not mutual exclusive potions, the world is not a zero sum game.

Quote:
I don't read articles about who is ratting out who or who is screwing who in politics, because frankly that is politics. I look for works of policy. Your infatuation in this made up soap opera is growing old. Day after day of some article written by some other biased person, reported by another biased person who hopes that other biased people run around with their a$$ on fire telling the everyone they see how their confirmation bias all match. Get over it.
I hope you do take a look. There are some serious issues in the White House. They lie an unprecedented amount.There is a massive lack of experts, many jobs are not filled. Many grossly under qualified people filling roles. You can keep you head in the sand about it. Stay in your Fox News bubble and feel safe but you are being manipulated. I know you don't believe me right now, but please, stop and consider the idea that you may be wrong. Think about why you are right and why you may be wrong. Take a look at the list above you have written for the success of the Trump Admin. Come back in a year or two and see how these things have played out. This admin is a house of cards and it is about to fall down.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2018, 8:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
And what Republican Agenda is he damaging?

Re-working trade agreements - done
Supreme Court - almost done
Tax Cuts - done
Making Europe pay their fair share for NATO - done in principle. It has at least been addressed
Syria - not hearing much out of there
Middle East in general - not too much news
Oil Prices - still down
Off Shore money coming back - done
Obama Care gutted - done
Rolling back many of the share the wealth environmental laws that ship money out of the US - done
Stamping out almost every anti-American trade (read share the wealth trade clause) - done
Addressing illegal aliens - getting traction, I would not say it is complete

I am not seeing many items that are a losing issue here. Only thing I see playing out is a media driven witch hunt that still has not come up with anything. You democrats literally have only complained about Russians. I can live with the soap opera as stupid as it is because the agenda of middle class Americans is getting done.
Thanks for expanding. My sentiments exactly.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-05-2018, 8:19 PM Reply   
Quote:

Gee, for such an incompetent man, he sure has managed to get more good done than anyone since Reagan. The dude is crazy for sure... Crazy like a fox.

Also, what crimes has he been convicted of? Don't care what your opinion is. Just wanna hear the FACTUAL list of crimes he's been convicted of. Not fake news. In other words, turn off the CNN, MSNBC, Huff Post and tell me what he's been convicted of.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-06-2018, 2:42 AM Reply   
Quote:
Gee, for such an incompetent man, he sure has managed to get more good done than anyone since Reagan. The dude is crazy for sure... Crazy like a fox.

Also, what crimes has he been convicted of? Don't care what your opinion is. Just wanna hear the FACTUAL list of crimes he's been convicted of. Not fake news. In other words, turn off the CNN, MSNBC, Huff Post and tell me what he's been convicted of.
Do you honestly believe that everything negative reported about Trump is "fake news"?

Trump may not have been convicted of anything, and maybe it's just me, but I find it highly suspicious that several members of his campaign team and early supporters have either been indicted or convicted. If Trump was a democrat, you and Delta would want him executed.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-06-2018, 2:58 AM Reply   
Quote:

Didn't you say your were a Republican who just does not like Trump? Pretty sure every single talking point you have ever posted is a democrat talking point since you started will this soap opera. You get some sort of high off this?

Start simple:

Do you believe NAFTA was good for the American Worker. Yes or no? Why?
I would expect you to be a little more honest with your response, Delta. But it seems like you put party politics above everything else.

One thing I take issue with is your comparison of what happened at the border to "drug dealers' kids". Do they lock up the "drug dealers' kids" when they put their mom or dad in prison? You are making a ridiculous comparison. What you are arguing is that it would be okay to lock up kids if a dad decided to hold up a gas station with the kids in the backseat of the car. It's really sad that kids have to be the pawn because Trump cannot secure the funding for his biggest campaign promise. What is even more sad, is that you are taking up for those actions.

And how ironic you speak about "who is for America". You mean a president that stood in front of the entire planet and said that he trusted Putin over US intelligence agencies and servicemen/women?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-06-2018, 6:25 AM Reply   
"Tax cuts were for multi billion dollar corporations and the richest people in the country"

This is simply not true. The corporate tax rate was reduced to 21% for all C corps and tax brackets have fallen across the board.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-06-2018, 6:55 AM Reply   
"Nothing is ever cheaper by throwing money into a market. You democrats completely forget the rules of economics."

Yes, Republicans are continually complaining that the govt giving tax breaks for buying HI is breaking the rules of economics.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-06-2018, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Do you honestly believe that everything negative reported about Trump is "fake news"?

Trump may not have been convicted of anything, and maybe it's just me, but I find it highly suspicious that several members of his campaign team and early supporters have either been indicted or convicted. If Trump was a democrat, you and Delta would want him executed.
Not everything, but most things are fake or at least blown far out of proportion. It’s simply a poo flinging contest to see what sticks. Problem for you guys is he’s pretty much like a Teflon Don. The funny part is he’s rubbing your noses in it. I LOVE it when he calls out the NYT as “ the failing NYT.” I also love it when he beats up on CNN and other liberal networks that lie and try to pretend to be objective. He’s finally saying what the sane people in this country have been saying for a long time. He’s pulling the curtain back.

Don’t care about your suspicions. Come talk to me when you have a conviction. Until then, zip it and enjoy the many benefits this POTUS’ policies provide.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-06-2018, 9:11 AM Reply   
"Don’t care about your suspicions. Come talk to me when you have a conviction."

Lock her up!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-06-2018, 10:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
"Don’t care about your suspicions. Come talk to me when you have a conviction."

Lock her up!
LOL touche.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-06-2018, 12:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
"Tax cuts were for multi billion dollar corporations and the richest people in the country"

This is simply not true. The corporate tax rate was reduced to 21% for all C corps and tax brackets have fallen across the board.
I phrased it bad, yes all C corps have reduced taxes. It is true that the tax cuts were written to benefit richer Americans while trump "sold" it to the public as a tax break for middle class Americans. Remember when the orange liar said the tax plan "wont be good for trump"?

How It Affects You
The tax plan helps businesses more than individuals. Business tax cuts are permanent, while the individual cuts expire in 2025. But the nation's largest private employer, Walmart, said it will raise wages. It will also use the money saved by the tax cuts to give $1,000 bonuses and increase benefits.
Among individuals, it would help higher-income families the most. The Tax Foundation said those in the 95 to 99 percent range would receive a 2.2 percent increase in after-tax income. Those in the 20-80 percent income range would receive a 1.7 percent increase.
The Tax Policy Center broke it down a little more. Those in the lowest-earning fifth of the population would see their income increase by 0.4 percent. Those in the next-highest fifth would receive a 1.2 percent boost. The next two quintiles would see their income increase 1.6 percent and 1.9 percent, respectively. But the biggest increase, 2.9 percent, would go to those in the top-earning fifth.
The Act makes the U.S. progressive income tax more regressive. Tax rates are lowered for everyone, but they are lowered the most for the highest-income taxpayers.

Reagan tried trickle down and it didn't work well and corporate tax rates at the time were 70% not 21%.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-06-2018, 12:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you are convicted of murder and sentenced to death...when you enter jail they give you a receipt for your belt, wallet, personal belongings...
These people (most) showed up at the border seeking asylum from their S-hole country. The US Government took their kids from them and did not even know who went where. They kept no F-ing records. Its a complete Trump/Sessions cluster-F. They had to use DNA tests to try to find who belonged to whom. Idiots.
No I dont cry for drug smugglers and that it is not even a close comparison its a false equiveillance. A drug smuggler and illegal alien seeking asylum...not the same pal. And they dont take their kids anyway. Trump cultists, sheesh.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2018, 3:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you are convicted of murder and sentenced to death...when you enter jail they give you a receipt for your belt, wallet, personal belongings...
These people (most) showed up at the border seeking asylum from their S-hole country. The US Government took their kids from them and did not even know who went where. They kept no F-ing records. Its a complete Trump/Sessions cluster-F. They had to use DNA tests to try to find who belonged to whom. Idiots.
No I dont cry for drug smugglers and that it is not even a close comparison its a false equiveillance. A drug smuggler and illegal alien seeking asylum...not the same pal. And they dont take their kids anyway. Trump cultists, sheesh.
Not False. Showing up at the boarder seeking asylum is against international law and so it skipping a country to seek asylum. The US has many ports in Mexico and other countries to seek asylum legally. Being poor in a country is not a legal reason for asylum.

They will take your kids from you if you are jailed. They will try and find a family member and if they can't your kids will go into the foster system. For non citizens, it is much more difficult as they will not be allowed in the country. If you want to blame someone, blame your boy Obama for feeding the bears. Word got out that he was not enforcing the law (which was put in during Clinton) and they started to send there kids with anyone who would take them to the border. From the human side, it sucks. From the law side, it is the correct thing to do.

At the end of the day, you democrats want more illegals in the country for votes and for cheap labor for you to exploit while we middle class people take the brunt of it.

Let me ask you a question. Do you like the way California is ran today. Cost of living, taxes and so on?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2018, 3:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
"Nothing is ever cheaper by throwing money into a market. You democrats completely forget the rules of economics."

Yes, Republicans are continually complaining that the govt giving tax breaks for buying HI is breaking the rules of economics.
True, but I am not arguing to expand the practice or even keep the practice.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2018, 3:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
I would expect you to be a little more honest with your response, Delta. But it seems like you put party politics above everything else.

One thing I take issue with is your comparison of what happened at the border to "drug dealers' kids". Do they lock up the "drug dealers' kids" when they put their mom or dad in prison? You are making a ridiculous comparison. What you are arguing is that it would be okay to lock up kids if a dad decided to hold up a gas station with the kids in the backseat of the car. It's really sad that kids have to be the pawn because Trump cannot secure the funding for his biggest campaign promise. What is even more sad, is that you are taking up for those actions.

And how ironic you speak about "who is for America". You mean a president that stood in front of the entire planet and said that he trusted Putin over US intelligence agencies and servicemen/women?
My response is completely honest and has always been consistent. You want to talk honesty. You are acting like you would be with Trump if he was able to secure funding for the wall, when in fact your arguments is it would not work.

Yes. If you robbed a bank and your kids are in the care they are taken in. They try and find a family member. If not, they will be in the foster system. period. end of story. In Obama's years, they made the defacto citizens by releasing them in the country and they sent more. We even have signs to not feed the bears. What makes you think not enforcing your laws are going to stop the behavior?
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2018, 3:39 PM Reply   
Quote:
Agree with the first part but there hasn't been any proper trade agreements happening. so there won't be adjusting if things keep changing on Trumps whim. Trade agreements are just that agreements. Slapping tariffs on things is a just a trade war. This is still something in play and we will need to wait to see how it plays out but untimely tariffs != free trade. Trade deficit is increasing at the moment due to the tariffs. Will take time to see how it all plays out.

Lucky you, cuts alone may be good for the economy but the cuts need to be paid for some how and the long term effect needs to be analysed. TBD but not very republican to have a h

Hmm, seems odd they need to rush this through. Like much of what Trumps does, seems like there is something to hide. But you are right in the end this is a win for Republicans but at a great cost. I would hope that you would want better from your party.

'environmental fascism', I don't think that is the right term. Global warming aside, corporations need to be kept in check, they don't have our best interests at heart. I am not going to change you mid on this so that's all I would say.

I think this was a direct response to the idea that the money would come back and be paid to workers. That is not the case. Some of us have Investments but those that were promised to be benefiting from the tax cuts are not. Your Average Republican is likely to be worse off when all is said and done as these cuts will go to the corporations and be paid for by reducing benefits. So while that is acctually traditional Republican policy, it's not what the public was sold.

Punishment should fit the crime, so it depends on what drugs they were selling. That said I don't group poor desperate people looking for a better life in the same category as Drug Dealers. Shooting people who drive drunk on the spot would also reduce drunk driving, doesn't make it right.

Doesn't help anyone. Couldn't fix it so they are breaking it for what purpose? This is really the worst. Unfortunately Health Care is something that doesn't work with free markets and needs regulation to work. The Republicans can't come up with a better option so they are just ****ing over those that need an alternative to work place health care. On the flip side, health care expense are one of the biggest barriers to leaving a job and staring a business. Pretty much any other developed country has a universal health care system. Keeping a health nation is great for the economy, seems pretty simple to me.

As a side note you sound like someone who has the means to not have to worry about this but you've got to know people who have been ****ed over by a lack of heath care because they lost their job or started a business and couldn't afford insurance. What do you think the answer is?

Didn't trump run on sharing the wealth? helping the poor and the forgotten from middle america? Getting them good well paying jobs. Pro UN vs Pro American, these are not mutual exclusive potions, the world is not a zero sum game.

I hope you do take a look. There are some serious issues in the White House. They lie an unprecedented amount.There is a massive lack of experts, many jobs are not filled. Many grossly under qualified people filling roles. You can keep you head in the sand about it. Stay in your Fox News bubble and feel safe but you are being manipulated. I know you don't believe me right now, but please, stop and consider the idea that you may be wrong. Think about why you are right and why you may be wrong. Take a look at the list above you have written for the success of the Trump Admin. Come back in a year or two and see how these things have played out. This admin is a house of cards and it is about to fall down.
Not going to answer all, however a well done response by you.

I would say I don't care about the world. I care about some of the world. Some of the world has horrible people in it. I believe the US has been the greatest champion of positive change on a global scale that history has ever seen. It is put in motion by our Constitution and the morals and ethics of the men and women behind it. I don't believe we have a requirement to compete in business with slave labor economies that do not share our morals and ethics. China is one such country. All you are doing is creating a race to the bottom for our citizens. We don't go to their level, they need to come to our level.

Not sure what is being hidden on the Supreme Court nomination. The democrats have been grilling him for 3 days straight and orchestrating childish protests to try and throw him off his game. Not sure what is being hidden.

I absolutely don't have the means on the healthcare front. I made sure I kept jobs that had healthcare. Obamacare actually would be great for me. Takes a lot of money out of the economy on forced payments which poor and middle class people can not afford. Less money for me to compete against. Unfortunately, the insurance they would buy had high deductibles so it was worthless. It maybe great for me, but it is not great for the people.

I grew up without insurance. That is why I always kept a job that did.

I agree that corporations need to be kept in check, however they have pulled a fast one on you. So has the government in California. They pass all these measures in the name of the environment so they can pull money out of the economy to pay for their illegals and low income give aways, so they can keep getting voted in. Case in point, carbon credits and plastic bags. Funny how plastic bags were evil so they made them taxable and then finally made the illegal, however if they businesses made them thicker, sold them and then branded them as "reusable" they are no longer evil. It is all about the money and they are in the middle classes pockets at every turn.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2018, 3:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
which ones?
Mexico, Canada, China, Europe. They are all being addressed. You put the pressure on, things hurt for a little bit, then they get forced to the table to renegotiate. Sounds like business practice to me.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-06-2018, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Problem for you guys is he’s pretty much like a Teflon Don..
It does driving me crazy. It feels like you are all going haha look we elected a lying corrupt idiot and it's driving the liberals crazy. Hahaha. He can lie and cheat and have no decency and we just love it.

I really can't wrap my head around why anybody would be okay with this. His achivements to date are thin at best. Trump is declaring victory before he even starts anything, and you all eat it all up.

One of us doesn't know what's going on.

Quote:
Don’t care about your suspicions. Come talk to me when you have a conviction. Until then, zip it and enjoy the many benefits this POTUS’ policies provide.
So here is my challenge to you. Let's see how the next 2 years play out. If the economy holds, if Trump keeps get through the Muller investigation unscathed. Then I'll accept that I was mislead by the Mainstream Media. But if the other side happens, if Trump's gets impeached and goes to jail, you'll take a serious look at why you at this point couldn't see it as the obvious outcome.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-06-2018, 4:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Not False. Showing up at the boarder seeking asylum is against international law and so it skipping a country to seek asylum. The US has many ports in Mexico and other countries to seek asylum legally. Being poor in a country is not a legal reason for asylum.

They will take your kids from you if you are jailed. They will try and find a family member and if they can't your kids will go into the foster system. For non citizens, it is much more difficult as they will not be allowed in the country. If you want to blame someone, blame your boy Obama for feeding the bears. Word got out that he was not enforcing the law (which was put in during Clinton) and they started to send there kids with anyone who would take them to the border. From the human side, it sucks. From the law side, it is the correct thing to do.

At the end of the day, you democrats want more illegals in the country for votes and for cheap labor for you to exploit while we middle class people take the brunt of it.

Let me ask you a question. Do you like the way California is ran today. Cost of living, taxes and so on?
Are you just un-informed and making stuff up. Here is how trump/sessions stops legal asylum seekers. They put armed gaurds in the way and lie about it.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...asylum-illegal

You always forget Im a Republican. Not super satisfied about everything in CA. Not a fan of the gas tax or the Bullet train off the top. Do I think voting Cox will make housing or anything cheaper? no. I am watching the Repubs in Washington lie cheat and steal. They are covering for trump they KNOW is dirty and unfit and probably compromised just so they can hand do their thing... $$ to their donors and F the middle class...all while smiling. I see Devin Nunes, CA (R) he is an idiot attempting to suck off the trump ***. I see Duncan Hunter stealing $250K from his campaign so he could afford to cheat on his wife in style. No, CA repubs are no better. I dont mind paying fair taxes and getting something in return. I dont expect to support the rich or corporations with my taxes. I dont expect repubs to ADD to the debt your grand children will be unable to pay. I dont expect my gov't to increase pollution when science( and every other country in the world) agrees we need to take care of the planet.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-06-2018, 4:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
If you want to blame someone, blame your boy Obama for feeding the bears.
Pretty sure Obama was fairly tough in illegal imigration. Overall imigration fell and deportation rose. He just did it without making illegals the boogey man.

Quote:
I think you've missed the point. Democrats (or at least most of us in this forum) don't want more illegals, we just don't believe that they are the boogey man they have been made out to be and that there arr better ways to tackle the problem with compassion and treating these people like desperate humans and not criminals.

The main point is that the illegal imigration debate is a way to give those in the county someone to blame for there problems. It's a distraction. The wall, border protection and separating families isn't solving the problem at least not in a cost benefitial way.
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-06-2018, 5:09 PM Reply   
what is truly scary, is the mass of people who blindly believe the last 16yr have been good. Its totally redic. My neighbor is in social service, totally terrified that there will be less unemployment and less need for her position. She truly believes more disfunction benefits her position. She is working less hours, less people coming in for screening. just sad
Old     (dougr)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-06-2018, 5:12 PM Reply   
now, my landscape guy, great guy, is a legal, yes legal immigrant, he is so glad that the illegal pressure has reduced his pressure to lower his costs and is making more income, raising his fees and has less pressure competing with illegals working for less. funny how things work out
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2018, 5:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Pretty sure Obama was fairly tough in illegal imigration. Overall imigration fell and deportation rose. He just did it without making illegals the boogey man.

I think you've missed the point. Democrats (or at least most of us in this forum) don't want more illegals, we just don't believe that they are the boogey man they have been made out to be and that there arr better ways to tackle the problem with compassion and treating these people like desperate humans and not criminals.

The main point is that the illegal imigration debate is a way to give those in the county someone to blame for there problems. It's a distraction. The wall, border protection and separating families isn't solving the problem at least not in a cost benefitial way.

Democrats don't care about the children or Mexicans. The only reason it was an issue and you guys now care is because Trump enforced Clinton's law. I already documented how obama's immigration numbers were false. He had record boarder crossings and only deported when someone broke a law. Then he encouraged the states to make sancturary laws. It is all part of the game plan.

They absolutely are the boogey man. They are destroying California and it is done in the name of globalization. Why else would the democrats try and remove all data collection within the state on them. Why else would a sitting California Governor make a speech in Mexico City saying that he could not wait to make California and Mexico one great region again.

It has been talked about in California for the entire time I have lived here. In 2003 we the tax payer were paying around 15 billion a year to house, educate, jail and so on the illegal aliens and it certainly went up. Guess what has happened in since then. California went from a slightly/ even Republican state to a plus 3 million voter democrat state in the last election. That does not happen without illegal immigration. Not a country in existence in the history of the world has had such a demographic shift without an act of war.

from the human standpoint I get it, however you can not fix world hunger by destroying your own middle class and economy. You do realize that their are globalists that absolutely want the American border to be desolved right? One of the biggest democrat donors says this is his main goal in life. Most of the richest democrats like Turner, Gates and so on have said as much. They are children of the world and not of the USA. They believe in spreading America's wealth to the world except they try through indirect taxation through environmental treaties and lopsided trade agreements. Why do you think Clinton gave most favored trade status to China?

Remember. Reagan already gave amnesty to illegals and it only increased the flow.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-06-2018, 5:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Mexico, Canada, China, Europe. They are all being addressed. You put the pressure on, things hurt for a little bit, then they get forced to the table to renegotiate. Sounds like business practice to me.
Nothing as far as I can tell has been done yet. The Mexico deal, which hasn't been finalized was basically an update to NAFTA. So far from where I am the USA is just forcing themselves off the table. As with many of the other point we will have to wait and see here.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-06-2018, 5:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
No. Im not talking about a few chanting protesters. What I mean is that the SC is a republican set up to make the seat conservative for 30-40 years. They rushed Kennedy off so trump could nominate Kav. Kav is unfit. It took him 3 or 4 years to be confirmed when Bush nominated him for judge, racial issues back then. Just like JSessions, funny how trump surrounds himself with people who have racist pasts. Kav lied under oath to congress, twice. Repubs say there was too much info and some from Bush years was not to be provided for confirmation hearings. Soo... there answer was to have Bill Burck go over all the papers and release what "HE" felt was ok. (Atty Bill Burck, a former Bush admin lawyer and current lawyer for Reince Preibus, Don McGahn and Steve Bannon) Burck released less than 10% of kavanaughs paper trail. Held back over 100,000 pages. Complete partisan BS. Do you not recall repubs would not allow Obama to nominate with a year before the election? Its Sept, election in Nov. and they trying to slam it through. changing the rules much? Look it up, I cant make this up.
I dont think a president that has so many issues at the moment should be nominating anyone for a lifetime position. Under investigation for Russian conspiracy. Currently being sued or under investigation for violating Emoluments clause. Cloud of uncertainty of his mental capacity. Even Steve Bannon (predicting trumps end) gave him a 33% chance of impeachment, 33% 25th amendment, 33% finish his 4 years. If Kavanaugh is confirmed...and trump impeached...stuff going to hit the fan.
Great points Blarney!
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-06-2018, 5:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougr View Post
what is truly scary, is the mass of people who blindly believe the last 16yr have been good. Its totally redic. My neighbor is in social service, totally terrified that there will be less unemployment and less need for her position. She truly believes more disfunction benefits her position. She is working less hours, less people coming in for screening. just sad
Well there was a great recession in there so of course nobody is going to say things have been great. I got lucky and wasn't affected but I know that wasn't the case for everyone. All things considered the worst if it was pretty short.

I mean she isn't wrong now is she.
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-06-2018, 5:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Democrats don't care about the children or Mexicans. The only reason it was an issue and you guys now care is because Trump enforced Clinton's law. I already documented how obama's immigration numbers were false. He had record boarder crossings and only deported when someone broke a law. Then he encouraged the states to make sancturary laws. It is all part of the game plan.

They absolutely are the boogey man. They are destroying California and it is done in the name of globalization. Why else would the democrats try and remove all data collection within the state on them. Why else would a sitting California Governor make a speech in Mexico City saying that he could not wait to make California and Mexico one great region again.

It has been talked about in California for the entire time I have lived here. In 2003 we the tax payer were paying around 15 billion a year to house, educate, jail and so on the illegal aliens and it certainly went up. Guess what has happened in since then. California went from a slightly/ even Republican state to a plus 3 million voter democrat state in the last election. That does not happen without illegal immigration. Not a country in existence in the history of the world has had such a demographic shift without an act of war.

from the human standpoint I get it, however you can not fix world hunger by destroying your own middle class and economy. You do realize that their are globalists that absolutely want the American border to be desolved right? One of the biggest democrat donors says this is his main goal in life. Most of the richest democrats like Turner, Gates and so on have said as much. They are children of the world and not of the USA. They believe in spreading America's wealth to the world except they try through indirect taxation through environmental treaties and lopsided trade agreements. Why do you think Clinton gave most favored trade status to China?

Remember. Reagan already gave amnesty to illegals and it only increased the flow.
**** yeah, this is an actual response. I don't agree with most of it but it's just great to get an acctually ****ing discussion going in this thread. This is the only way any of us are going to learn anything.

I'll have to get the numbers on Obama, I don't have them memorized and I don't feel like looking them up right now but I do want to discuss they with you.

For now let's talk California. I'm on the East Coast and have only been in California twice, once ten years ago. So can you let me know how illegals are destroying California? You are from California right? What part?

Oh and I'm all for opening the border. I said I wasn't into illegal imigration. Simple solution is to make it all legal
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2018, 6:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
No. Im not talking about a few chanting protesters. What I mean is that the SC is a republican set up to make the seat conservative for 30-40 years. They rushed Kennedy off so trump could nominate Kav. Kav is unfit. It took him 3 or 4 years to be confirmed when Bush nominated him for judge, racial issues back then. Just like JSessions, funny how trump surrounds himself with people who have racist pasts. Kav lied under oath to congress, twice. Repubs say there was too much info and some from Bush years was not to be provided for confirmation hearings. Soo... there answer was to have Bill Burck go over all the papers and release what "HE" felt was ok. (Atty Bill Burck, a former Bush admin lawyer and current lawyer for Reince Preibus, Don McGahn and Steve Bannon) Burck released less than 10% of kavanaughs paper trail. Held back over 100,000 pages. Complete partisan BS. Do you not recall repubs would not allow Obama to nominate with a year before the election? Its Sept, election in Nov. and they trying to slam it through. changing the rules much? Look it up, I cant make this up.
I dont think a president that has so many issues at the moment should be nominating anyone for a lifetime position. Under investigation for Russian conspiracy. Currently being sued or under investigation for violating Emoluments clause. Cloud of uncertainty of his mental capacity. Even Steve Bannon (predicting trumps end) gave him a 33% chance of impeachment, 33% 25th amendment, 33% finish his 4 years. If Kavanaugh is confirmed...and trump impeached...stuff going to hit the fan.
Great points Blarney!
And pretty much everything you said was brought up by democrats. I can say that I and maybe 45% of America thinks democrats are mentally ill and extremely dangerous. I can point to how many support illegals, beat up republicans in the streets, one demographic democrats have 3% of their members that commit 50% of all murders, burned down numerous cities, had dozens of protests around the country of the last decade, and the list goes on and on. If we use your logic and my feeling/ facts on the matter democrats should never be able to hold office again. Is that really what we are shooting for?

I bet you argued that if you were put on a no fly list that you should lose your rights to have a gun? Logic is not strong with you when it comes to politics. Of course Trump detractors are going to say negative things. You are into this Trump thing from square one. You didn't like him and you are making a deal with the devil himself to satisfy your drama needs. Any report or anyone who puts out a political talking point has your ear. you have miles and miles of confirmation bias and you don't want to be wrong.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       09-06-2018, 6:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
**** yeah, this is an actual response. I don't agree with most of it but it's just great to get an acctually ****ing discussion going in this thread. This is the only way any of us are going to learn anything.

I'll have to get the numbers on Obama, I don't have them memorized and I don't feel like looking them up right now but I do want to discuss they with you.

For now let's talk California. I'm on the East Coast and have only been in California twice, once ten years ago. So can you let me know how illegals are destroying California? You are from California right? What part?

Oh and I'm all for opening the border. I said I wasn't into illegal imigration. Simple solution is to make it all legal
Born and raised in Indiana. Lived in California since 1990. Just your statement alone about opening the border leaves us with zero common ground. That is the crux of the culture war and will ultimately lead to the next American civil war.

You open the border and you will destroy the economy and you will kill off any hope for future democracy. The reason America works is like minded people who understand the power of our economy and our place in history. You throw it open to people who are only interested in getting paid and it is all over. That is what Marx was counting on. Get enough socialist in the country and they will vote themselves into slavery.

Why are those people trying to get into America? They want the money. They are not interested in being American. You see it in California all the time.

You ask how they are destroying it? More and more socialist policies brought in by like minded socialist 3rd world people who gladly vote themselves money from the treasury. They tax the middle class to death to pay for it. We have to pay for the education, prisons, compete with housing, water, fuel for all of it. Then you have the aspect that it allows for industries that should not be able to exist to exist. This puts more and more pressure on the middle class. This keeps other American states from competing because they don't have near slave labor in ready supply.

and yes, it is good to have a discussion.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-06-2018, 6:39 PM Reply   
so.....a senator gets to decide if documents marked classified, are really classified.
This type of thing needs to stop
Everyone, regardless of which way you lean, ought to hope for the expulsion of these clowns from the senate

If they aren't removed, our system has yet again taken another step down the rabbit hole
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-06-2018, 6:54 PM Reply   
Don't put too much stock into my open boarders comment. I do feel like it's a good goal but understand we are no where near it being a good thing.

Quote:

You ask how they are destroying it? More and more socialist policies brought in by like minded socialist 3rd world people who gladly vote themselves money from the treasury. They tax the middle class to death to pay for it. We have to pay for the education, prisons, compete with housing, water, fuel for all of it. Then you have the aspect that it allows for industries that should not be able to exist to exist. This puts more and more pressure on the middle class. This keeps other American states from competing because they don't have near slave labor in ready supply.

and yes, it is good to have a discussion.
So I find the economic side of what you say is interesting. Particularly the use of cheap labour for an economic advantage. I'll need to look into this.

From an election perspective, I thought illegals can't vote. California is overwhelmingly democratic. A few illegals and their kids aren't swinging the state through voting. So how are they affecting things. Spreading ideas?

Quote:
Why are those people trying to get into America? They want the money. They are not interested in being American. You see it in California all the time.
Well I think they want a better life. A job is certainly one of these things. Security (low crime) is another. What are you referring to here?
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-06-2018, 7:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ord27 View Post
so.....a senator gets to decide if documents marked classified, are really classified.
This type of thing needs to stop
Everyone, regardless of which way you lean, ought to hope for the expulsion of these clowns from the senate

If they aren't removed, our system has yet again taken another step down the rabbit hole
Confidential not classified. There is a difference.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-06-2018, 7:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
True, but I am not arguing to expand the practice or even keep the practice.
Why should you. No one is talking about taking it away. But it's a critical point when you introduce the issue of understanding consequences of economic forces when govt policy prices HC out of reach of the people.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-06-2018, 7:13 PM Reply   
Quote:
So here is my challenge to you. Let's see how the next 2 years play out. If the economy holds, if Trump keeps get through the Muller investigation unscathed. Then I'll accept that I was mislead by the Mainstream Media. But if the other side happens, if Trump's gets impeached and goes to jail, you'll take a serious look at why you at this point couldn't see it as the obvious outcome.
The democrats will take back the house and Trump will be impeached, but the Senate will Not get a 2/3 vote needed to remove him from office. This is Not Nixon in the seventies, who resigned because he did not have complete devotion from the republicans in the senate, which Trump appears to have. So, why even try to impeach Trump? It would be a big waist of time and would we really be any better off with Pence?
Old     (Blamey)      Join Date: Apr 2016       09-06-2018, 7:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
The democrats will take back the house and Trump will be impeached, but the Senate will Not get a 2/3 vote needed to remove him from office. This is Not Nixon in the seventies, who resigned because he did not have complete devotion from the republicans in the senate, which Trump appears to have. So, why even try to impeach Trump? It would be a big waist of time and would we really be any better off with Pence?
You are probably right. I am very interested to see how it all plays out. I kinda don't want Trump to get impeached. I want him to reap what he has sown, I want him to prove he can actually get things done when he has to work for it and I want him to be president when the recession hits, even though I know he is just going to blame it all on the Democrats.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-06-2018, 9:39 PM Reply   
I have a feeling Wes is “touching himself” during the confirmation hearings