Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-17-2016, 11:48 PM Reply   
Took the boat out today for an early spring stroll to make sure all Is well and get my spring maintenance list together. I'll be doing the usual, all fluids, filters and impeller but I'm also looking into my trailer as I didn't touch it last season. I'm thinking of adding some bearing buddies does anyone use them or am I just trying to spend money 😂
Old     (beg4wake)      Join Date: Aug 2012       03-18-2016, 6:35 AM Reply   
I personally don't have much experience with them but I just read a thread about them over on Planet Nautique and it seems a lot of people were pleased with theirs! Seems you just need to make sure the grease level is good every few weeks or so and they should last you 5 years + before needing to be repacked.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       03-18-2016, 7:23 AM Reply   
Sounds good. Ordered some. For 19 bucks a pair might as well
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       03-18-2016, 9:43 AM Reply   
I have them on my trailer. Pretty easy to get them on/off and keep lubed. My only issue was going down steep hills that involve ample breaking. The ones on my braking axel would heat up and I would lose the covers. Otherwise great
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-18-2016, 3:03 PM Reply   
I've lost a couple in the past after dropping the boat in after a long tow. So just be sure to smack them in from time to time with a hammer and wood block. I've also used the walmart/attwood version successfully.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       03-18-2016, 6:36 PM Reply   
I still use them. I'm sure if my trailer mechanic were still alive he'd still be giving me chit about them. He always told me to get rid of them and just use a good set of dust caps. I've lost all the rubber covers but the buddies are still on there. I have lost a few over the years, just as shawndoggy but I just replaced them. I always use a rubber mallet to install them.