Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-06-2011, 11:29 AM Reply   
Grant it was great meeting you this weekend and being able to put a face to a name. About the boat, I have never seen something so freakin awesome, People were coming down from the Tulloch resort bar because the floor was shaking ! I assume you guys will bring the boat out for the next Bump , In august I hear ? Cant wait to see what comes next , keep up the great work =-)
Old     (brett33)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-06-2011, 1:49 PM Reply   
Something is up with the vid you shot Grant. Cant get it to come up? As for the boat, RIDICULOUS! I wish I could hear it in person!
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2011, 1:57 PM Reply   
It was very cool to run into Jamey and some other Wakeworlders at Lake Tulloch this weekend. Good crowd, good people....we had a great time. We also had the chance to link up the X-Star with Harold's SAN (has a very similar system) and it was intense.
Old    mojo            07-06-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
I did a search with no luck. Anyone have a link to grants how to solder?
Old     (gundogg)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-06-2011, 2:56 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zssIl...eature=related
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2011, 6:21 PM Reply   
I don't understand why the Video won't come up try this link
http://www.youtube.com/user/grantwes

Yea it was cool to run into Moto817 Your MB looks killer, ( l like the White LEDs) You guys looked like you had a good party going on when we rolled by. Lets hook up next time ur around,

Im still playing around with Jasons boat Ill post some more pic's soon.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-14-2011, 10:15 AM Reply   
When I took these pictures I could feel the bass in our boat from his boat LOL

Last edited by grant_west; 07-14-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       07-14-2011, 2:03 PM Reply   
Thats awesome ! We are planning on hitting up Tulloch again for Labor day if Grant/Jason or any wakeworlders will be over there hit me up!
Old     (clayton191)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-14-2011, 3:10 PM Reply   
That second picture looks like one of those wave-jumping bajaboats hauling ass at 100mph... haha .. fun times, super hot boat for sure...
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-16-2011, 7:07 AM Reply   
Nice job guys. I for one share your belief that a single line array is best and like the 2 x 4 tube mount for the tower. Looking at the last 2 pics, might be a nice touch to pattern the Prodigies to match the rear of the boat. Also, if I'm not mistaken, the current reg sticker is green not blue?
Duane
Old     (phatboypimp)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-18-2011, 11:26 AM Reply   
2013 is Blue
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-18-2011, 6:33 PM Reply   
2013, didn't know those were available yet. You're way ahead of me!
Old     (duckguy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-18-2011, 8:02 PM Reply   
Looks good man, glad to see your enjoying it
Old     (bullit4888)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-19-2011, 9:53 AM Reply   
What Balmar alternator is that? It looks like a 6 series but I'm not sure. I'm looking at using something similar
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2011, 1:33 PM Reply   
Saltwater X15) It's a 6 Series. And Im glad I went with it. The 7 Series (Large Case) Would have been a super tight fit. The 6 Series was a EASY bolt on Alternator. It came with a V belt pully and we had to swap it over to serpetine and that was it.
I have a 7 Series on my boat and its a MONSTER
This is what a 6 looks like next to a 7
Attached Images

Old     (992envy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-20-2011, 3:40 PM Reply   
Grant you do great work. I have a few questions for you if you don't mind replying. I noticed you used 2 pucks connected to the factory tower mounts and then bolted your flat piece of aluminum to the tower speakers. Did you make these pucks yourself? Also is 2 bolts enough to hold up the weight of the speakers? Did you end up adding a piece of aluminum inside of the NVS speaker box for support when bolting it to the bar? Are there any more close up photos of the tower finished? I only see 2 factory speaker mount on the tower, what did you do with the outside speaker mount, the ones that the brace bolts to? Is it ok without the braces on the side of the tower? Last question, did you make a baffle of some sort that mounts to the front of the NVS speakers? I'm wondering how you go so much light up on the face of the tower speakers? Great job once again
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2011, 4:39 PM Reply   
The pucks that are mounted to the tower are factory there are 4 of them. We made some mounting pucks in the center that Bolt directley to the factory center pucks.. The bar then bolt's threw itself and into the pucks we made. (These were for the 2 center pucks) The 2 outside factory pucks have a "Tab" or piece of metal that extends from the aluminum bar to th the pucks. So the bar is bolted in 4 places to the tower and feels very strong.
The NVS I didn't add any aditional internal brace or metal. Although it wouldn't hurt to add a flat piece of aluminum to the inside to beef it up. They seem pretty thin. The NVS are nice and light so the inside of the box's don't need to be as thick as a traditional fiberglass box. It looks like alot of weight up there but its realy not a heavy as it looks.
They look as big as a pair of 485's but they seem to weigh a bunch lighter.
Old     (992envy)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-20-2011, 6:21 PM Reply   
Grant can you get any more of those pucks you had made for the factory Mastercraft speaker bracket? Also what did you use for the front of the NVS install your lights into? Some kind of smoked plexi that you attached to the front of the box then mounted the speakers to the baffle you made? I'm renting a house on Tulloch Aug 18-22 will you be around? Would like to have beer and talk with you if you will be around. It's the rental right before you hit the no wake zone where the sheriff loads and unloads his boat into the water.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-20-2011, 7:27 PM Reply   
These Puck's

No I had them made for the tower and that was it.
The front (Baffle's)of the NVS have a Plexy face plate.with the leds they are frosted(sanded) I had a local company CNC them
Yea it would be great to hook up PM me and we can exchange phone #'s