Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 20, 2007

Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2007, 7:33 AM Reply   
For some reason my pump will not empty my sacs. I am connecting the pump directly to the sac, pushing down on the pump trying to get it to plumb, and also venting the sac. Everything the directions say and still nothing. It fills just fine but my crew and I are getting tired of having the pick the sacs up and hold them over the boat to drain every time. If I can't figure it out I may do away with sacs and go to pop bags. Any ideas?
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-11-2007, 8:45 AM Reply   
so it will empty them enough to be able to pick the sacs up...it just won't empty them all the way?

if yes...i think that's how we all do it.

if it won't even start to empty a full sac, then you've got other issues.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2007, 8:49 AM Reply   
the latter, I have to pick up full sacs and hold them over the boat, which is really a pain.
Old     (eas)      Join Date: Nov 2001       06-11-2007, 9:07 AM Reply   
wtf?!? something is definitely wrong! hoisting 600lbs of water over the deck is crazy... are you absolutely sure the pump's intake is pushed into the water? is there a crack anywhere on the pump or intake? you say it works fine when fully submerged underwater (while you're filling up)?
Old     (mobv)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-11-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
You may have the pump running the wrong direction, change the positive and negative wires on the connection. If that is not the problem the pump is airlocked or the outlet hose is blocked.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
Don't take-off the other little cap. Attach the pump, turn it on, push it down to get it started and as it
empties lift the opposite end of the sack to keep all water at the pump end. It will suck it practically dry.
I do it all the time.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-11-2007, 9:20 AM Reply   
yea, something isn't right. make sure you have the inlet attached to sac.
Old     (swami)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2007, 9:21 AM Reply   
you did plug in the pump right? :-) Sorry I've been an IT guy too long! LOL
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2007, 9:23 AM Reply   
More like 400 lbs. but still not an easy task. The pump works fine when I throw it overboard to fill the sacs.

So, why would I have to reverse the wires when it works on filling? The hose is not blocked and I am not sure what you mean by airlocked.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-11-2007, 9:33 AM Reply   
honestly, i have been using pumps for years and i know how everything works. i am confused on what you guys are trying to tell him. i think if anyone had pictures, it might help him out a lot.

i hope this doesnt confuse you more because i am not confused

do you have a blue connector piece on the pump? what kind of sac are you using? that will make a difference on how your pump connects to the sac. if its a fly high sac, you dont need the blue connector piece. so, just trying to get some specifics.

(Message edited by mossy44 on June 11, 2007)
Old     (bvanhemmen)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-11-2007, 9:41 AM Reply   
When you put the pump into the sac to empty, hold the pump horizontal while attached to the sac. This will allow water to actually get into the inlet of the pump. I had this problem and that fixed it. Hopefully you understand what i mean.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2007, 10:42 AM Reply   
Brett, I follow you and will give that a try.

Matt, I am using Fly High sacs so I don't need the blue connector. The pump attached to the sac using the quick connect.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-11-2007, 10:46 AM Reply   
You don't have the Fly high anti-reflux valve on the end of the bag do you?
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2007, 10:54 AM Reply   
If the pump is not reversable You are remembering to attach the other end right? To fill pump in water to empty pump in top of bag.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-11-2007, 10:55 AM Reply   
And sometimes I have to blow air into the hose to create the back flow.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2007, 11:08 AM Reply   
"You don't have the Fly high anti-reflux valve on the end of the bag do you?"

Sinko, Not sure what you mean.

Jeff, Yes. I am attaching the pump to the bag to attempt the empty. I have not try blowing air into the hose.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-11-2007, 11:11 AM Reply   
Aaron, http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/PROD/ballast_fittings/fly_high_pro_x_fitting_W744

water goes in, but does not come out. Likely not the problem though if the bag still emtpies.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
I am using the check valve on the bag but the other fitting that is attached to the pump is supposed to release the valve, right?
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-11-2007, 11:38 AM Reply   
It's supposed to, but that might be the problem if the pump doesn't empty the bag - obviously there is nothing wrong with the pump if it fills that sac, so my guess it that the release for the check valve is f'd up.
Old     (aarond0083)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-11-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
I'll check it next time I am on the boat but if the valve was screwed how would it let water in?
Old     (erock_15)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-11-2007, 1:25 PM Reply   
I agree with Jeff. Ours does that from time to time and you have to prime the pump by blowing air into the hose. Try that I bet it works.
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-11-2007, 1:44 PM Reply   
Aaron, It's just a flap, so if there is pressure from the water to get into the sac when you fill it up the valve just hinges open and water gets into the sac. But if you try to pull water back out it will stay closed because it physically can't hinge the other way to let water out.

But it's one of those things that you ahve to be there to really help fix ya'know. Hope you get it all squared away though, cause that sucks!