Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Cam3sc)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-13-2016, 11:39 PM Reply   
I am looking at purchasing a 2015-2016 Boat this year and would love some feedback on what you guys would suggest. Budget is 95K or lower. I want the boat to be new and have a great surf wave and a decent wake wave as well. Some I have been looking at are the Moomba Craz, Supreme S226, Or Tige R21. Would love some feedback but I think right now I am leaning to the Supreme but I have seen videos online with the stock surf system and the boat tends to sit super low to the water.

Would love to stay around 22 ft and lower because of lack of garage space.

Have some Demo's planned for the spring but would like some info to what you guys think before I head out. Thanks
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2016, 1:06 AM Reply   
Might wanna let people know what your actual measured garage depth is. Not sure if you've already accounted for swim platform, trailer tongue etc.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2016, 1:11 AM Reply   
Width and height measurements would help you too. Otherwise, you're gonna get a bunch of worthless feedback which isnt helpful to you. Actually, you'll probably get that worthless feedback either way.
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       01-14-2016, 5:17 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showt...847&page=99999

Those are 23s but same price range. Might have some useful info.
Old    BamaMojo            01-14-2016, 5:49 AM Reply   
Malibu 22VLX, great all around boat with great wakes and easy to set everything up.
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       01-14-2016, 5:52 AM Reply   
If it has to be 22', I would agree with above...... 22VLX is probably the the top choice IMO. It might take some pretty strict negotiating to get a well equipped one for 95k but I think it can be done.

The other choices should be well below 95k...... As long as we are talking American moneeze
Old     (Zach)      Join Date: Nov 2015       01-14-2016, 5:59 AM Reply   
The mb sports f22 is a great boat for under 95k. Very nice fit and finish and the surf wave is great.
Old     (Copenglenn)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-14-2016, 6:24 AM Reply   
Look into a Centurion boat as well. You can get a pretty loaded 14-16 Centurion FS22 or similar and it will surf great. It should be well within your price range as well.
Old     (chillinoj)      Join Date: May 2009       01-14-2016, 6:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Otherwise, you're gonna get a bunch of worthless feedback which isnt helpful to you. Actually, you'll probably get that worthless feedback either way.
Haha someone has finally figured this forum out...
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2016, 8:59 AM Reply   
226'is out as it is 22' 6'' not sure what pics you looked at but the boat is tall with lot's of free board. Our 226 slamed does not even come close to the water but if you look at a pic from a distance it appears close to the water as it digs a huge hole in the water underway. You could do a supreme S21 or the new supreme 211 and be out the door with a loaded boat for 65k or less. My second choice would be the moomba you will get more interior space and more freeboard with the supreme or moomba. The supreme will surf the best and the moomba will have a better wakeboard wake. Good luck on your search.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-14-2016, 9:30 AM Reply   
Tige R22 would be a good choice, I love the surf wake on my RZ2, and the TAPS3 option makes that a very attractive option.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2016, 9:41 AM Reply   
Tige makes a nice wave but sits lower in the water than any the op listed .
Old     (Cam3sc)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-14-2016, 12:46 PM Reply   
I appreciate all the feedback. I live in South Carolina and the garage can handle a 23 foot with swim if I angle it in. I have a 2 car garage but basically use it to store small equipment and keep my vehicles in the driveway. My current boat is a Stingray and I am tired of letting all the "Fun" stuff pass us by as we are tubing along lol. As always getting the best value for wake is what I am looking for. I don't have to have all the bells and whistles but just want a fun boat that has a great surf wake and a decent wakeboard wake as well. Thanks for all the info.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2016, 5:09 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by h20king View Post
Tige makes a nice wave but sits lower in the water than any the op listed .
As in draft? Unloaded or loaded?
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2016, 5:23 PM Reply   
Does not matter loaded or unloaded they sit low as in the distance from the top of the gunnals to the water. Don't get me wrong I like the wave but when compared to other boats on the market they are short. The RZX is a different story but out of the op's price range
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2016, 5:38 PM Reply   
Its called freeboard, and I completely disagree with you.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2016, 5:51 PM Reply   
Yeah I know what it is called and you have every right to disagree. Facts are facts though. With the exception of the asr and avx they are short. Put any other Tige next to a supreme or moomba in the water and it is dwarfed. Never said anything bad about tige just stated a fact. They make a nice boat just short on freeboard with the exception of the two models I listed. No need to be so sensitive.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2016, 6:11 PM Reply   
And opinion are opinions.

So how im being sensitive by asking what you meant and disagreeing? LOL. Why so defensive with the "never said anything bad" apology?

Ive been in tons Bu's, MC's CC's Moombas, Supras, Centurions and others as a side effect or working on them And I mean in them as in the water and even surfing behind them, not just showrooming them. Dont feel Tige Ve's, RZ's, RZR and R20 and Z1 and Z3 boats have any less freeboard then any of those other comparable models. So sorry to say, you facts are not facts, but just an opinion.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2016, 6:46 PM Reply   
Not sure where you get an apology out of that but ok. I to have spent time behind or in most boats and have spent time behind ragboys last couple tiges the z3 included and yes the tige has less freeboard.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2016, 7:11 PM Reply   
Lets let WW decide

Here is a fact. With an unweighted Tige, the water line is right at floor level. We can fit a 24" tall ballast sac in those rear lockers with room for the hose connections on top. The Z3 sac is 3" taller plus room for the hoses.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2016, 7:24 PM Reply   
That 226 is weighted down with no weight the swim platform is inches obove the water nice try though
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2016, 7:32 PM Reply   
Our 226 slammed with 2200 LBS of ballast one from the side and one up close and personal no funny angles.
Attached Images

Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-14-2016, 7:48 PM Reply   
Are those pictures to scale?

Cam, I'm kinda in the same situation you're are in looking for a boat with the exception, I'm wanting a 23'er. With the three boats I looked at every dealer wants to take me out on a demo. That being said find the boats you like in your price range and take them out for a surf. Now you can pick the one you like and laugh at all the entertaining B.S. that comes with this site.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2016, 8:04 PM Reply   
And because our boat is a V226 here is a couple pics of the S226 without the funny angle you posted.sort of obvious that the 226 pic you posted is with ballast
Attached Images

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-14-2016, 8:14 PM Reply   
Yep you can tall it's winter LOL
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-14-2016, 8:24 PM Reply   
come July, ill still disagree............
Old     (DuckHuntin1)      Join Date: Jul 2013       01-15-2016, 3:23 AM Reply   
Oooo. That Orange and grey looks real good.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-15-2016, 6:44 AM Reply   
So if the Tige's have such low freeboard, why is it that when I try and tie up to other boats in the party cove that my rub rail is so far above their's that I have trouble getting the fender's in place? My buddy has a Moomba and it's a good 6" lower than my RZ2. Do you perhaps mean when weighted? I've had this boat almost 9 years and have tied up to a lot of boats and it's usually the same issue, it sits too high above the others. Now when it's weighted, yeah, my rub rail is at the water line.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-15-2016, 7:09 AM Reply   
Another vote for the 22VLX, great surf wave and a great wakeboard wake. You can easily get one nicely equipped for under $95k. The 22 VLX has a very comparable surf wave to the LSV. The new power wedge 2 is also a great new feature on the newer Malibu's (2015+). The PW2 planes out the boat so much quicker for wake boarding, legit option. New dash is also a home run. Definitely take a look at the VLX. You can also find a leftover 2015 for well under your price point, there is not much difference between a 2015 and 2016.
Old     (silvtondvl)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-15-2016, 7:58 AM Reply   
You really need to test drive the Supra SC
its 21ft 8" and throws awesome surf wakes.
Its under 90 K too.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-15-2016, 8:03 AM Reply   
Let's just agree to disagree. To the op sorry to get off topic. Go demo the ones you like then go from there. All the boat companies make a nice boat it will just come down to what what you like and want to spend. Have fun shopping then let us know what you decide
Old     (OneCent)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-15-2016, 8:44 AM Reply   
not sure how the prices are in you area, but a used G21 could be i nice choice too, lot of space and the 2800lbs subfloor ballast system makes a nice surf wake.

So many nice boats available... ;-)
Old     (Cam3sc)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-15-2016, 3:18 PM Reply   
Again thanks for the feedback. Plan on going to a couple of shows soon as well to see pricing. I live in Augusta, Ga and the dealers are about an hour and a half away so not too bad. Thanks again for the feedback.
Old     (joelfett)      Join Date: Aug 2015       01-15-2016, 4:34 PM Reply   
Check out the Axis T22. Highly recommended, and the dealer in SC (Carolina inboard in Irmo) is awesome. Throws pretty sick deals when you buy a boat from him. I believe he still has a 2015 in white and lime green too. Check it out. Carolinainboard.com

(No I don't work there, I didn't even buy from there. But I really wish I had, he found that boat for me as I was looking but I went a different way)
Old    BamaMojo            01-15-2016, 6:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam3sc View Post
Again thanks for the feedback. Plan on going to a couple of shows soon as well to see pricing. I live in Augusta, Ga and the dealers are about an hour and a half away so not too bad. Thanks again for the feedback.

Ride up to the Atl the boat show is there this weekend. I could put you together with a couple good people get you free tix , show you a couple diff boats and do some demos.
Old     (Gary)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-16-2016, 7:31 AM Reply   
How about the Supra SC. It is 21'8" and I think after dealer and winter/ spring incentives you can get it around 95.
Old     (Throwaway1)      Join Date: Nov 2013       01-21-2016, 12:15 PM Reply   
going to +1 the MB 22 Tomcat.
-Deep V Hull
-5000# Ballast
-GoSurfAssist surf system
-gobs of room and freeboard
-Fantastic tower
-great fit and finish
-killer stock stereo system
-low price
Old     (wakesetter67)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-21-2016, 4:07 PM Reply   
22 VLX is a great Surf and wakeboard boat, With the new improved Power wedge II you can fully load the boat for surfing and with a push of a button, your on to wakeboarding When set up right the surf wakes very competitive, and the wakeboard wake is one of the best! Here's my goofy wake,
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       01-22-2016, 6:35 AM Reply   
+1 for the VLX. ^^^^^^Those pictures look insane, but I'll vouch that the VLX kills it for wake and surf. There was one at the M2 Lake all summer and it was an awesome boat: comfort to drive, space and wake. It even did great in the shallow water.