Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-24-2014, 3:15 AM Reply   
I have a gradual slope in the water at my dock then it gets deep about 20 feet off the back of the dock... I am looking at different water mats so we can extend our play zone and am interested to hear your experience with these and which ones you like? I can't extend my dock any further out as I am at the Corps limit. Thank you.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-24-2014, 8:01 AM Reply   
Are you talking about a mat like an aqua lily pad? I bought one for my kids last summer. Best purchase ever. They play on it for hours.
Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-24-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
Yes that is exactly what I am talking about... does seem like my kids would have a lot of fun with one. I want to be sure the quality and performance are good for the one I buy, they are not cheap
Old     (LouZahr)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-26-2014, 7:03 AM Reply   
x2 on the aqua lily pad. We bought one about 3-4 summers ago and it is holding up great. The only thing that damages it is dog paws/claws. The dogs can scratch/tear it. Other than that it is great, kids and dogs love it. It can support about 1000 lbs before it starts to sink. My bro-in-law even drives his 3 person sea doo on it for a quick parking spot.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       12-29-2014, 2:12 PM Reply   
Long story short....but we rented a lake house last summer that had one. The kids loved and had a lot of fun on it.

Big problem though... one of the larger kids stuck his foot through it and I had to purchase the home owner a new one and I kept the old one.

I did repair the old one with some epoxy like glue and it held together fair for the next few times the kids played on it.

This is the one the owner had that I had to replace. http://www.thewatermat.com/store/pro...ermat-2011.htm

They are just made of thick pool noodle material, so they do damage pretty easily.
Old     (Supra24)      Join Date: Sep 2013       12-29-2014, 3:53 PM Reply   
I'd be interested to hear if people with the Aqua Lily Pad have had the same problems as James.

I've looked at them for the last year, just can't pull the trigger. However, from looking online, it seems the Aqua Lily Pad, although more expensive, is the way to go?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       12-30-2014, 7:07 AM Reply   
I have wrestled with other adults on our ALP and have had no problems(both of us are 200+). I think It would be tough to put a hole in it, but then again, I just bought mine last summer.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       12-30-2014, 7:38 AM Reply   
http://touch.groupon.com/deals/gg-18...ater-mat-float

Just saw this on groupon
Old     (st68)      Join Date: Jul 2010       12-30-2014, 3:11 PM Reply   
This is the first I have hear of the Aqua Lily Pad... these are a little steep in price plus add the shipping on top of that... I would be pretty bummed if a hole was punctured in it but they do look like the kids would really enjoy it. Does anyone keep theirs in the water full time?
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       12-31-2014, 10:59 AM Reply   
Just reading the reviews on them , the manufacturer recommends rolling it up when not in use. The sun is pretty tough on everything Im sure full time in the sun would greatly reduce the longevity of it.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-22-2015, 1:46 PM Reply   
I just realized that I in fact, do not have an Aqua lily pad. Mine is a Chill Raft. From what I understand they are constructed better.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-23-2015, 8:13 AM Reply   
I have a boating buddy that buys the material from the manufacturer in 100 foot rolls and sells them in 20 foot sections, CONSIDERABLY less than Aqua Lilly or the Overton's model. The only difference being his are grey instead of green or blue. I believe the price is $475 for the 20' x 6'.

PM me if interested and I'll pass along his contact info.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       01-23-2015, 9:06 AM Reply   
I have one from WavePads.com and it's held up very well so far. I can't imagine possibly putting a hole through it.