Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-26-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
Had the boat out this weekend and late in the day on Sunday while having a surfer riding the alarm went off. I checked all the gauges and everything was fine. Turned the boat off and then restarted it and everything was fine. As having a V-drive is new to me not sure what the problem was, on an I/O it was the leg oil that set the alarm off.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-26-2010, 6:44 PM Reply   
several things can set the alarm off. I wouldnt run my boat until I knew why it went off... could be overheat, low oil, low transmission oil, etc. Serious stuff - figure it out before you hurt something. These engines are expensive to replace.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-26-2010, 6:53 PM Reply   
Constant alarm ot intermittent? What year is the boat?
Old     (cavlxenvy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2010, 8:37 PM Reply   
I thought these v-drives have a code for the alarm. When you turn the key back on, one beep is engine temp, two beeps is tranny temp or three beeps, etc. This will tell you what the problem is. Check your owners manual.

Last edited by cavlxenvy; 07-26-2010 at 8:39 PM.
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-26-2010, 8:41 PM Reply   
^^^ Nope, not Sanger's anyway. A scanner will tell you what the problem is, not the number of beeps. It's either a constant beep or intermittent beep meaning two beeps every 60 seconds or so.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-26-2010, 9:38 PM Reply   
Will a standard OBDII scanner work?
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-27-2010, 6:39 AM Reply   
It is a 2006 Sanger V215.

It was a constant beep, the engine temp was fine, oil pressure fine, absolutely nothing out of the ordinary. I turned it off and back on and it was fine. The boat did not act up at all and the boat ran for approx 10 hours over the weekend. One friend suggested that the v-drive oil sensor might of caused the alarm as with the surf ballast full the boat sits at or slightly below the rub rail ? Any thoughts?
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-27-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
The v drive is not connected to that sensor - it has its own sensor and lights an LED above your HU when v drive pressure is low. It should light when you are in neutral, but quickly go out when underway (oil pump powered by drive train). Check the trans fluid, I believe it is connected to that alarm... could be somethin else too
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-27-2010, 6:19 PM Reply   
OBD II will not read the codes on boats. You need the scanner from Rinda. They are $400. I just picked one up. I refuse to be held hostage by the shops just to get a code read. Anyone near me can PM me and I will be glad to retrieve codes for you. If it was a constant beep then that is a more serious issue. The intermittent beeps are less critical in nature. Once the code is set it stays in the ECM until it is cleared by the scanner, even if you correct the problem with a new part. I would be suprised if the constant beep just went away after shutting off the boat and restarting but then again, every man is occasionally blessed with luck. Usualy it aint me tho. lol
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-19-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
So the boat finally got some shop time and the error code is reading that the transmission fluid temp is too high, they believe it is a faulty sensor. Anyone had a similar issue?
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       08-19-2010, 8:14 AM Reply   
Pull the hoses off your gear cooler and back flush the weeds out. check the fluid level and condition. You can also pick up a laser temp gun for cheap these days. Check the gear case under full load. Typical gear case surface temps under load are 125-138 degrees. It's either hot or it isn't. I would do some actual trouble shooting before bending over for a retail parts fitter. The fact that you were surfing means ballast and load. I believe the buzzer.

If you surf alot I would suggest Amsoil in that gear.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-19-2010, 9:08 AM Reply   
^ what he said
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-30-2010, 8:29 AM Reply   
Well the new sensor finally came in and got installed last week. Got it to the lake on Saturday and ran the boat for approx 4 hours on Saturday, both Surfing and Wakeboarding and no alarm! Stoked!! Thanks for all your input!