Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (canesman)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-17-2010, 2:26 PM Reply   
Im looking into building one near the Denver area using Rixen's "Little BRO" system. Trying to get an idea of an interest level. Id like to get some responses from wakeboarders on the idea, and if you would use it.

THANKS
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
I'd use it in the winter. Summer is all boat though. I'm sure you'd get a lot of kids just getting into the sport, and snowbaorders who can't go in the summer.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2010, 2:42 PM Reply   
I doubt an outdoor one would be possible in colorado with our crazy water laws
Old     (canesman)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-17-2010, 3:21 PM Reply   
I figured with the pricing for a boat, fuel, insurance....an indoor park would be succesful in the summer there also. Not everyone has a boat, and a cable park lets you ride for a fraction of the price.
Old     (viktorya)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-17-2010, 3:59 PM Reply   
It would do well for sure, summer and winter! DO IT! ♥
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-17-2010, 4:16 PM Reply   
Don't get me wrong, I think it'd do well here all year long. This place is filled with people who love board sports. I was just saying I am boat bound in the summer. The other big plus is that there aren't many good lakes around here either.
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-17-2010, 5:04 PM Reply   
I'd definitely hit it up during the cold weather. Even if it wasn't real fancy at least just getting some time in so I don't have to nearly relearn everything every year.
Old    dperizzolo            03-22-2010, 12:47 PM Reply   
I would probably come down from Canada to hit that in the winter! Sounds like a great idea. I think it would be sick to get an old warehouse and do that.
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-22-2010, 6:37 PM Reply   
a lot of people here use these big mounds of dirt covered with snow in the winter!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-22-2010, 7:22 PM Reply   
I think it would be a great thing here, but I think you'd need to mix it up like bladium does. Open a cable park, have skate park, and maybe throw in some family stuff. That way you attract a larger segment of the population and compete better in the winter. I-70 is hurting the resorts, and having something easy to get to down here would do well.
Old    wakemeup12            03-22-2010, 9:39 PM Reply   
that would be pretty sick, with it planned as indoor it would really extend the riding season
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-23-2010, 1:27 AM Reply   
winter, summer, or whenever. a place indoors would allways be protected from wind and rain and other weather that would ruin a day outdoors
Old     (milehighrider)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-23-2010, 9:48 PM Reply   
Heath, just curious why you would pick colorado? why not Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming, Tahoe area? they also have mountians and snowy winter. It just seams a little odd that all your posts are about a indoor wakepark... and your on the other side of the country (Florida). Help me to understand!!??
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-24-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
I think a cable park in denver would rock! I would definitely hit it up during the winter and even in the summer too.
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-24-2010, 11:06 AM Reply   
I'd definetely make the drive up from C Springs on weekends to hit it up. Good luck!
Old     (burn229)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-25-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
I would be there at least 2-3 times a week during the winter. Not realy into the winter scene up in the resorts becuase I-70 is a joke on the weekends.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2010, 4:30 AM Reply   
If I lived in the area I would definitely use it during the winter, and then on crappy (cold/rainy/windy) summer days. Other wise on the nice summer days I'd be on the boat.
Old     (canesman)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-28-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighrider View Post
Heath, just curious why you would pick colorado? why not Utah, New Mexico, Wyoming, Tahoe area? they also have mountians and snowy winter. It just seams a little odd that all your posts are about a indoor wakepark... and your on the other side of the country (Florida). Help me to understand!!??
I have family in the Colorado area, I know it better then Utah, New Mexico, Tahoe, to do the first one. I live in central FLA, wakeboarding mecca. There are two cable parks near me, and Ive thought about the idea of an indoor park outwest versus FLA due to obvious weather restrictions in colder climates. An indoor park is restricted in size due to costs. No point to putting an indoor park in FLA. Colorado is the most sensible location for me to put one.

Keep in mind this is in very early stages of development. Creating a business model to show investors and really just feeling it out right now. If this came to be a reality it wouldnt be for 12-18 months. Thanks for your interest though.
Old     (ridetillurdead26)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-29-2010, 8:17 AM Reply   
I would be into it, and I'm sure you could get a following with CU/DU/CSU/Metro students. I go to Boulder, and I would be down a couple times a week.
Old     (windcat454)      Join Date: Oct 2011       11-11-2011, 7:40 PM Reply   
I live in Monroe, Washington. There is discussion of building an outdoor park here. I think that an indoor park would get a lot more use.
Old     (windcat454)      Join Date: Oct 2011       11-11-2011, 8:16 PM Reply   
Shy not come a little more to the West. The City of Monroe, WA is interested in having a wake park. We have a small man- made lake where they want to locate it. I, and many others are against an outdoor park like this. Many reason besides just the ugly cable system. I am all for having an indoor one. I feel pretty confident that an indoor park would certainly gain momentum here. We have two national competitions in Monroe every year. Considering our weather, an indoor park would get much more use. Combining a wake park with a climbing wall, etc would work as well. Several years back the city hired a marketing firm to study branding for the city. They came up with an "Extreme Sports" brand.

Are you familiar with the pro-tour and Monroe, WA?
Old     (windcat454)      Join Date: Oct 2011       11-11-2011, 8:21 PM Reply   
I meant "Why not come out west." My dog helped me send off my earlier post.
Old     (windcat454)      Join Date: Oct 2011       11-11-2011, 8:31 PM Reply   
I meant "Why not come out west." My dog helped me send off my earlier post.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/201...WS01/707309952
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-12-2011, 9:44 AM Reply   
love this idea of an indoor cable park, wish theyd do the same in the northeast..
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       11-12-2011, 12:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_vilfo View Post
love this idea of an indoor cable park, wish theyd do the same in the northeast..
absolutely necessary, so much dead time here between whe they let lakes down and summer thaw when the lakes come back up...
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-12-2011, 2:00 PM Reply   
getting people to go wouldnt be an issue. Theres a big population and a lot of people are into snowboarding
Old     (apf)      Join Date: Dec 2010       11-12-2011, 8:46 PM Reply   
system 2.0
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-14-2011, 10:09 AM Reply   
Been kicking this idea arund for a few years now in the Midwest too. I even found a perfect building. Just a few details to work out & funding to find......
Old     (crazyinaz)      Join Date: Nov 2011       11-22-2011, 7:27 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdd38CYu2m8 check out this video to see a portable indoor system by ERC, endless ride cable systems.
Old     (Tommy)      Join Date: Aug 2010       12-08-2011, 3:47 PM Reply   
Heath please call me. I have some input and some experience. Proud of you bud. Ready to ride!
Tommy
www.gettommys.com
Old     (Al)      Join Date: Aug 2017       08-30-2017, 7:04 AM Reply   
did anyone ever put this in to action?
looking in to the idea of opening one up in Quebec Canada
Old     (Al)      Join Date: Aug 2017       09-05-2017, 7:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzy View Post
Been kicking this idea arund for a few years now in the Midwest too. I even found a perfect building. Just a few details to work out & funding to find......
HI

did you ever get the funding needed and make this dream a reality?
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-05-2017, 9:49 AM Reply   
Unfortunately no. The building is no longer available, and now there are 2 cable parks within 1 hour of my house.