Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-29-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
My buddy purchased a 2007 Malibu 247.

There has been some pics on here of a surf wake that looked legendary (you remember the ones with the guy actually just sitting on the surfboard? I ran a search and could not find the thread. (as a side note, the search tool has failed me on most occasions)

Does anyone remember something that might have been unique on that thread that could narrow the search?

We surf on the port side. I went and put 400 plus the quad stock ballast all full, and the wake was mediocre at all wedge settings. Only 1 guy in the boat and not much weight.

How do you best dial in a 247 surf wake, and what wedge setting? I am going to Lake Powell with this guy in about 10 days, so I need to help get this dialed in.
Old     (ogopogo)      Join Date: May 2005       05-29-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
More weight but don't fill the starboard side. I have a VLX and we run a 700ish (never know how full it is) sac in the rear storage comp. Plus as many people as we can, move them to the side as well.

With a boat that big you will need a lot of weight, way more then a VLX obviously. Play around with the weight and speed. I don't use the wedge when there are a lot of peeps in the boat.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-29-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
for starters, i would empty the the very forward tank and maybe half or more of center MLS.. also, if you are running a sack on port, maybe drain starboard and only use for sculpting and balancing when necessary.. you are keeping the bow in nose down attitude with all that weight forward, which is mellowing the surf wake considerably, especially at 10-11 mph.. i remember the thread but cannot find either?
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-29-2008, 3:12 PM Reply   
1400 in locker, mls mid; rear; use front to control steepness; power wedge 1/2 down.

Upload
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-29-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
you forgot to add 10 minutes for photoshop..
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-29-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
nope, that is straight off the camera (some cropping and color bumping) Nothing else.

BTW, that is me on the board.

(Message edited by rson on May 29, 2008)
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-29-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
looks fun..
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-29-2008, 4:27 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input.

I think the photo looks photoshopped because it is taken from below the level of the surfboard almost. Makes the wave look bigger. The pics I was referring to were taken from in the boat and the wake was one of the best I have seen, as far as pics go.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-29-2008, 5:53 PM Reply   
search for user rson or surfergirl
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-29-2008, 7:29 PM Reply   
I am getting warmer...The pic of the guy with the beer on the sundeck is the guy who also has a picture of him sitting down.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/559019/331479.html
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-29-2008, 8:29 PM Reply   
I believe that the boat is owned by a Malibucrew person. He has a orange 247 with a guy who hangs off the side.

Search the site.