Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       12-26-2018, 6:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcd View Post
If you wait a little bit longer, you'll be able to buy Bitcoin for $0.
Bitcoin isn't going anywhere. Several other coins are here to stay as more & more financial institutions are implementing various crypto technologies. When Buffet dumps 400 mil into a crypto project, it verifies it isn't going anywhere.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       12-26-2018, 9:46 AM Reply   
Words of wisdom from Buffet in these times:

Buffett’s reflection amplified one of his most famous bits of investing advice: “Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful.”

So, hold on through thick and thin — and possibly even buy more stock at times when things look especially thin — and you’ll do just fine.
That’s something to remember as markets tumble — something that very well might continue throughout 2019.
As Buffett wrote last year, it’s always been a mistake to bet against America, and the future is likely to be brighter than the past:
You need not be an economist to understand how well our system has worked. Just look around you. See the 75 million owner-occupied homes, the bountiful farmland, the 260 million vehicles, the hyper-productive factories, the great medical centers, the talent-filled universities, you name it – they all represent a net gain for Americans from the barren lands, primitive structures and meager output of 1776.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       12-27-2018, 6:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombat2wombat View Post
Bitcoin isn't going anywhere. Several other coins are here to stay as more & more financial institutions are implementing various crypto technologies. When Buffet dumps 400 mil into a crypto project, it verifies it isn't going anywhere.
Technically, Berkshire Hathaway invested $600 million in fintech, which isn't Bitcoin, and that isn't that much money for them. I think they have $4 billion worth of Apple (probably isn't worth that right now after 4th quarter).

As long as the sec keeps rejecting Bitcoin ETF's, I don't think it has much future. If they approve one, I'll change my tune.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       12-27-2018, 2:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Technically, Berkshire Hathaway invested $600 million in fintech, which isn't Bitcoin, and that isn't that much money for them. I think they have $4 billion worth of Apple (probably isn't worth that right now after 4th quarter).

As long as the sec keeps rejecting Bitcoin ETF's, I don't think it has much future. If they approve one, I'll change my tune.
I didn't mean by their funding it was directly related to Bitcoin. I'm not saying it's a wise investment, I'm not saying it's a bad investment. All I am saying is it isn't going anywhere. I don't think of crypto as currency, I think of it as technology & the key to understanding all of this is the block chain technology. As business moves info to the block chain, it is untamperable, they won't be able to cheat widgets or accounting "mistakes". There are a number of reasons why this is the future. Dollars will still be used in order to pay for getting on the block chain.

I am trying to learn more about normal investing & what to do with the money I sent to my Ally account, I am all ears if you wanna help a brother out with the traditional strategies.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       12-31-2018, 8:55 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am trying to learn more about normal investing & what to do with the money I sent to my Ally account, I am all ears if you wanna help a brother out with the traditional strategies.
agree blockchain tech is the only viable piece of the bitcoin debacle.

start by saving some cash and buying the S&P index WHEN THE TIME IS RIGHT. buy regularly to build as your core holding so market timing doesn't kill you. start researching individual stocks to get the hang of that part of it. after you've build a core holding, then add some individuals you know something about.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-03-2019, 4:11 AM Reply   
Buffet's Apple purchase is looking pretty bad right now. Saw somewhere he was down $19 billion now on it.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-03-2019, 7:07 AM Reply   
Robinhood backs down on no fee checking accts with 3%

https://blog.robinhood.com/news/2018...m-our-founders
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2019, 11:32 AM Reply   
I think buffet will be OK. FED will start loosening and cutting rates which will bounce the market, then dollar will weaken, inflation will hit and the market will crash. If he sells on the bounce he will do ok.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-03-2019, 11:42 AM Reply   
The other thing in buffets favor is apples problem is that sales in China of the iPhone (20% of turnover) is radically down. This is exclusively due to trumps (easy to win) trade war, if a truce is called at the end of the month then apple will bounce big time. It's bit of a gamble, I don't see why China would give trump an easy ride when he has so much pressure being applied on all sides, but maybe he has an inside word.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-03-2019, 2:45 PM Reply   
Apple's got more than one problem in China, there are several serious contenders that are just as good that cost 1/4 the new iphone does. Combine that with their cryptic earnings reporting people aren't sure what the hell is going on.
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-03-2019, 7:41 PM Reply   
Apple's innovation died with Steve Jobs. Tim cook sucks. They release new phones now with little to no improvement and raise the price. There is no growth left in first world countries, so the only thing left is China and other developing countries, which aren't going to be buying $1000 phones. The only thing keeping them going is their cult following. Most people I know that used to flip phones to upgrade to the newest release iphone no longer do it. A lot of people will argue that Samsung and other competitors make a better phone these days. The problem with high P/E growth stocks is once you grow to Apple's size, you can't sustain that kind of growth any longer to justify that high P/E.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-03-2019, 8:01 PM Reply   
High PE at 11?
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-04-2019, 4:03 AM Reply   
Stock just took a 40% nose dive. I was referring to earlier in the year when Buffett was buying and talking about how it was a good buy then. P/E was 20-21 then. Also, Apple just cut earnings for next quarter, which will drive P/E up once those numbers are official.

I do agree with Ralph that trade war is hurting them more than other companies and it will rally if we get a deal
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       01-04-2019, 4:46 AM Reply   
Still, in the tech sector a PE of 20 is not particularly high....? Is it?
Old     (bcd)      Join Date: Jun 2012       01-04-2019, 10:56 AM Reply   
I'll give you it isn't that high for a tech stock. It's higher than the s&p. Instead of calling it a high P/E stock, I should have pointed out that it is a high momentum stock subject to larger moves than the s&p.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       01-04-2019, 11:19 AM Reply   
Quote:
Apple's innovation died with Steve Jobs. Tim cook sucks. They release new phones now with little to no improvement and raise the price. There is no growth left in first world countries, so the only thing left is China and other developing countries, which aren't going to be buying $1000 phones. The only thing keeping them going is their cult following. Most people I know that used to flip phones to upgrade to the newest release iphone no longer do it. A lot of people will argue that Samsung and other competitors make a better phone these days. The problem with high P/E growth stocks is once you grow to Apple's size, you can't sustain that kind of growth any longer to justify that high P/E.
lot of truth ^ here. AAPL trailing P/E is almost 19. agree, better phones out there these days.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-11-2019, 7:49 AM Reply   
I don't like to give financial advise, but you might consider taking some profit, especially in banking stocks, if this happens. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/11/ocas...ll-street.html
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-11-2019, 7:56 AM Reply   
advise {advice} I can't think this early!!!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       01-11-2019, 8:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker1234 View Post
I don't like to give financial advise, but you might consider taking some profit, especially in banking stocks, if this happens. https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/11/ocas...ll-street.html
Between the Rothschild's & the jews, she'll be put in her place very quickly. She isn't the first one to think she can go up against the bankers & win.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       01-11-2019, 9:24 AM Reply   
It'll be interesting to see how this plays out for sure. Interestingly enough, the banks are in rally mode today, but keep an eye out for a possible big selloff in a few months as the big players may start to buy protection or even go short.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-30-2019, 1:16 PM Reply   
Dow hits 25,000 today. Dow up 430 pts with companies reporting profits and fed chair stepping back on rate increases for the year, more companies reporting positive quarters after the bell, stocks should continue to rise tomorrow on good earnings report, even Tesla made profits for 2 consecutive quarters. All this with tariffs and trade wars, I think the Dow will hit 27,000 this year.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       01-30-2019, 5:15 PM Reply   
I picked up another trust deed last week. $75K @9%, short term, 6 months. Its a flip property, buyer is my boss. Also dipped back into the stock market buying 2k shares of Blackstone (BK), super high dividend and selling options on it next week.
Facebook jumped today and after hours. Does anyone think google will do the same?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-07-2019, 8:41 AM Reply   
Dow, down 300 pts. Buy?
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-08-2019, 6:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Dow, down 300 pts. Buy?
300 pts is a 1% drop. I've dropped deuces that have bigger financial impacts to my life. A 1% drop/buy over the span of 20+ years is like stopping to pick up a penny off the ground. Nothing wrong with doing that, but market timing has never proven to be a good long term strategy.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-08-2019, 11:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
300 pts is a 1% drop. I've dropped deuces that have bigger financial impacts to my life. A 1% drop/buy over the span of 20+ years is like stopping to pick up a penny off the ground. Nothing wrong with doing that, but market timing has never proven to be a good long term strategy.

Ha, a better strategy in my experience would be to short the market any time I have decided it’s “a good time to buy. “
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-08-2019, 12:09 PM Reply   
^^True that.
I closed another loan this week. $50K at 9%. 5 year balloon payment. Its a 2nd TD, loads of equity. The stock market could drop 20% next week and my mailbox still gets the same check on the 1st. Moved a big chunk out of the stock market to diversify.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-18-2019, 4:08 PM Reply   
Once again stocks are at an all time high, at this time, once the DOW gets above 26k, it does Not stay there that long. Last December the DOW went down to 22.5k, so it could easily do that again. With the GDP going lower, lower housing starts, less vehicles sold, and retail down, I do not think the stocks are going higher at this time, so, when will it drop?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-18-2019, 4:39 PM Reply   
And what will you buy when it falls? ROKU, AMZN, MSFT, NVDA, And why is Chipotle 655??? Maybe it's time to Short Chipotle?

Last edited by joeshmoe; 03-18-2019 at 4:41 PM.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-19-2019, 7:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
And what will you buy when it falls? ROKU, AMZN, MSFT, NVDA, And why is Chipotle 655??? Maybe it's time to Short Chipotle?
What do you think of LYFT & their coming IPO? I'm thinking about putting some in
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-19-2019, 8:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
What do you think of LYFT & their coming IPO? I'm thinking about putting some in
I really like Lyft because they are into all kinds of transportation besides cars, they have those scooters that are all over in some cities and they are working on autonomous cars for transportation. But, for the past few years It seems IPO's always go down below their initial selling price after going positive for a short time, So, if Lyft goes down below their asking price, I think it would be a good buy.
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       03-20-2019, 7:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
I really like Lyft because they are into all kinds of transportation besides cars, they have those scooters that are all over in some cities and they are working on autonomous cars for transportation. But, for the past few years It seems IPO's always go down below their initial selling price after going positive for a short time, So, if Lyft goes down below their asking price, I think it would be a good buy.
I sort of seeing a facebook scenario. Stock dropped over night & now it's worth 1,000% more.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-17-2019, 10:50 AM Reply   
I am out of the market right now, going to Hawaii for a couple weeks and won't be trading any stocks, so the market might jump up to 27.000 now that I am out. I will get back into the market (just a little) when it drops back down to 25,000
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-17-2019, 6:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am out of the market right now, going to Hawaii for a couple weeks and won't be trading any stocks, so the market might jump up to 27.000 now that I am out. I will get back into the market (just a little) when it drops back down to 25,000
Well, have fun with the proceeds of those Trump tax cuts. Don’t spend it all in one place. Oh and make sure to adjust your withholdings so you don’t screw yourself two years in a row.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-18-2019, 4:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
Well, have fun with the proceeds of those Trump tax cuts. Don’t spend it all in one place. Oh and make sure to adjust your withholdings so you don’t screw yourself two years in a row.
My Trump tax cuts went into buying a grill that cost $100 last year, the same exact grill cost $165 this year.
I didn't screw myself, Trump screwed me, like he screws everybody, the Trump administration knew they F'ed up on not paying enough taxes, after getting a tax cut, so they Increased the amount from 10% to 20% so I didn't have to pay the penalty after all!
Go buy some stocks now Mark, DOW is at an all time high!
ps. Trumps tax cuts couldn't buy one plane trip ticket, let alone four!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-18-2019, 4:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
My Trump tax cuts went into buying a grill that cost $100 last year, the same exact grill cost $165 this year.
I didn't screw myself, Trump screwed me, like he screws everybody, the Trump administration knew they F'ed up on not paying enough taxes, after getting a tax cut, so they Increased the amount from 10% to 20% so I didn't have to pay the penalty after all!
Go buy some stocks now Mark, DOW is at an all time high!
ps. Trumps tax cuts couldn't buy one plane trip ticket, let alone four!
Lol have a nice, safe trip, math wizard!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-19-2019, 4:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Lol have a nice, safe trip, math wizard!
Now, you are telling the truth! I probably have more math skills than anyone in this forum, both of my sons have graduated in mechanical engineering at the Ohio State University, one with a masters degree in engineering and I have more math skills than both of them, they only went up to differential equations. But, I am sure you will continue to be condescending in these forums.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-20-2019, 3:16 AM Reply   
Too bad those math skills didn’t help you figure out your withholding amounts last year. Education doesn’t mean you’re smart. It means you’re educated. We all know people who are well educated, but still dumb as a box of rocks. A good example is your typical college professor. Highly educated and yet, still a liberal.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       06-20-2019, 4:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Too bad those math skills didn’t help you figure out your withholding amounts last year. Education doesn’t mean you’re smart. It means you’re educated. We all know people who are well educated, but still dumb as a box of rocks. A good example is your typical college professor. Highly educated and yet, still a liberal.
As much as I would love to have Joe's Reported skill set, you are also correct. My Wave and Quantum Optics professor was one of the smartest people I met. Take it back to high school, my physics teacher told the story of a friend of his that was so intelligent but if you painted the door knob he could not get out of the room. Later after taking the wave and quantum optics class I went back to the high school teacher and said my professors name and related it back to that story. My Physics teacher said, "That's the one!"

Joe. Congrats on the kids. We have a couple of Ohio State engineers that I work with (one being a fairly recent grad) and they are top notch.
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       06-20-2019, 4:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Now, you are telling the truth! I probably have more math skills than anyone in this forum, both of my sons have graduated in mechanical engineering at the Ohio State University, one with a masters degree in engineering and I have more math skills than both of them, they only went up to differential equations. But, I am sure you will continue to be condescending in these forums.
Also, not trying to pile on. I are buying $100 grills (unless it is a webber kettle), then you are not showing your intelligence. Actually it is not a absolute sign of intelligence, however it is a sign of poor decision making.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-03-2019, 8:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaHoosier View Post
Also, not trying to pile on. I are buying $100 grills (unless it is a webber kettle), then you are not showing your intelligence. Actually it is not a absolute sign of intelligence, however it is a sign of poor decision making.
It absolutely was a Webber kettle grill that was being sold for 100 bucks last year. The Webber grill even at 165 is a great investment for me! I have a smoking technique where I lay the coals out so it will produce a 250 degree heat for five hours. Bought it for Fathers day weekend and had exceptional results with ribs and pulled pork. I Have to give credit to my wife too, for making an exceptional rub for the pulled pork.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-08-2019, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
It absolutely was a Webber kettle grill that was being sold for 100 bucks last year. The Webber grill even at 165 is a great investment for me! I have a smoking technique where I lay the coals out so it will produce a 250 degree heat for five hours. Bought it for Fathers day weekend and had exceptional results with ribs and pulled pork. I Have to give credit to my wife too, for making an exceptional rub for the pulled pork.
I feel like we should be using a basket of goods instead of one to benchmark inflation rates relative to tax cuts.

You can be a level 10 math wizard, but if you're adding up the wrong stuff, well... you're not gonna come close!

post up the pulled pork rub mix!

Last edited by denverd1; 07-08-2019 at 5:41 AM.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-11-2019, 11:40 AM Reply   
Quote:

You were right about the 27000...
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-17-2019, 10:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
I feel like we should be using a basket of goods instead of one to benchmark inflation rates relative to tax cuts.
You can be a level 10 math wizard, but if you're adding up the wrong stuff, well... you're not gonna come close!
post up the pulled pork rub mix!
Agree, I was just hoping to get the grill from Sams for the 100 bucks I saw last year, it even had the bucket underneath to catch all the ashes, anyway here is the rub!
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-24-2019, 6:05 AM Reply   
Any predictions on when this bull will stumble? Gold and silver are on the move. Interest rates show some flight to quality has already taken place....
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-25-2019, 6:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Any predictions on when this bull will stumble? Gold and silver are on the move. Interest rates show some flight to quality has already taken place....

Dollar cost averaging...
Dollar cost averaging...
Dollar cost averaging...
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-25-2019, 8:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
Dollar cost averaging...
Dollar cost averaging...
Dollar cost averaging...
no doubt a great tool to lower basis
Old     (DeltaHoosier)      Join Date: Mar 2018       07-25-2019, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Agree, I was just hoping to get the grill from Sams for the 100 bucks I saw last year, it even had the bucket underneath to catch all the ashes, anyway here is the rub!
Yum....
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       07-29-2019, 7:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Trump said last Friday that the Chinese will wait for the election to make a deal and the DOW was up today, that, and they are going to have a rate cut this week which will make the stocks go even higher. I am waiting for a pullback, looks like i am going to be waiting a while. I was going to buy some dividend stocks today, but just like I buy too many stocks when they go down, I have a hard time buying stocks when the DOW is at an all time high.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-01-2019, 8:27 AM Reply   
interesting response to a rate cut
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-02-2019, 3:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
interesting response to a rate cut
Looks like they're going to make some more rate cuts this year. Started buying some stocks.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-05-2019, 3:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Once again stocks are at an all time high, at this time, once the DOW gets above 26k, it does Not stay there that long.
Wow, the Dow almost stayed above 26k for two whole months, if the Dow drops another k, I will think about maybe buying some stocks.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       08-20-2019, 4:20 PM Reply   
Market down, but HEMA up - w00t!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-21-2019, 1:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Once again stocks are at an all time high, at this time, once the DOW gets above 26k, it does Not stay there that long. Last December the DOW went down to 22.5k, so it could easily do that again. With the GDP going lower, lower housing starts, less vehicles sold, and retail down, I do not think the stocks are going higher at this time, so, when will it drop?
I am seeing a change in the market now, instead of not staying above 26k very long, it now appears it does Not stay Below 26k for very long, until there is a recession, the Dow will go up. Also, there is a chance of a trade agreement.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-25-2019, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
I am seeing a change in the market now, instead of not staying above 26k very long, it now appears it does Not stay Below 26k for very long, until there is a recession, the Dow will go up. Also, there is a chance of a trade agreement.
Well forget that! Several developments over the weekend do Not help the markets. Trump triples down on tariffs and the economy is Not as strong as they say it was, only grew at 2.5% when the white house touted 3%, since then, they economy has slowed down. And the increase in jobs report was inflated. Finally, they are reporting thousands of people being laid off in the mid west States, so watch the unemployment report.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-03-2019, 12:03 AM Reply   
Now, the DOW cannot stay above 28k, and one reason the DOW was up was because of hope for a Trade deal with China, that was scrapped this morning, Trump said, "In some ways, I like the idea of waiting until after the election for the China deal, but they want to make a deal now and we will see whether or not the deal is going to be right," He later said he had "no deadline" for a deal, repeating that "in some ways I think it is better to wait until after the election, if you want to know the truth."
How low can it go?
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-04-2019, 3:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Now, the DOW cannot stay above 28k, and one reason the DOW was up was because of hope for a Trade deal with China, that was scrapped this morning, Trump said, "In some ways, I like the idea of waiting until after the election for the China deal, but they want to make a deal now and we will see whether or not the deal is going to be right," He later said he had "no deadline" for a deal, repeating that "in some ways I think it is better to wait until after the election, if you want to know the truth."
How low can it go?
your advice would be exactly why I’d never listen to financial advice from a forum. A quick glance back at your predictions have not aged well lol. But hey keep guessing and one day maybe you’ll get one!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-04-2019, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
your advice would be exactly why I’d never listen to financial advice from a forum. A quick glance back at your predictions have not aged well lol. But hey keep guessing and one day maybe you’ll get one!
Yappin about financial advice when you live in a trailer park is hilarious on its own. The best part here is, compared to his political opinions, he’s a financial clairvoyant. I love this forum. It keeps on giving.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-04-2019, 4:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Yappin about financial advice when you live in a trailer park is hilarious on its own. The best part here is, compared to his political opinions, he’s a financial clairvoyant. I love this forum. It keeps on giving.
Hahaha lmao he’s cooking up more predictions on his $165 trump grill as we speak!

Last edited by bass10after; 12-04-2019 at 4:37 PM.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-07-2019, 1:05 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10after View Post
My predictions? Like Do Not buy gold at 1800, then it dropped like a rock! That one? Or the Dow does not stay above 26k for too long and it didn't, And then "predicting" it is Not staying below 26k for too long, more like observations than predictions. Now is Not the time to buy stocks, it's at 28k. Last year the DOW was at 26k, and dropped to 25k when I bought more stocks, that was a mistake because the DOW went down to 22.5k, so what is different this year? The economy is growing at an even slower rate this year than last year.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-07-2019, 1:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry Mark, I own a few houses in northern Ohio, so I can go back and forth to Florida anytime I wish, I just choose to be down in Florida most of the time in my comfortable trailer that is right on the water and accessible to a lake that is a mile long for wakeboarding, love it down there!
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-12-2019, 2:43 PM Reply   
K
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       12-12-2019, 9:37 PM Reply   
lol, Joe lives in a van down by the river
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-13-2019, 1:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
lol, Joe lives in a van down by the river
You wish!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       12-13-2019, 1:27 AM Reply   
Quote:
You wish!
It's a skit, don't get your panties in a wad, boomer
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-13-2019, 10:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's a skit, don't get your panties in a wad, boomer
You Wish I wore panties!
Old     (wombat2wombat)      Join Date: Sep 2018       12-13-2019, 11:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
You Wish I wore panties!
true story, PM sent
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-16-2019, 4:50 AM Reply   
w00t!!!!!!!!

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...re-Corporation
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       12-16-2019, 5:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
Well, there is a 25% overnight profit.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       12-16-2019, 5:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Well, there is a 25% overnight profit.

just wish i'd gotten as much at $6 as I did later at $12
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-27-2020, 3:16 PM Reply   
Coronavirus pushing things down. You guys getting in or holding off?

I have too much cash just sitting.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2020, 5:00 PM Reply   
Can’t decide where to park my billions. Such a huge problem.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RC8Se5qrjyREoXE86
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-27-2020, 5:12 PM Reply   
My wife just met with some Chinese peeps to let them into a rental they rented for Chinese New Year. Didn’t know they were just arriving from China since it was their daughter who goes to a local university that rented it. Feeling a tad nervous now....... possible 14 day incubation period.... tick tock...
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-02-2020, 3:18 PM Reply   
Virus spreads, 49ers lose, election year - when to get in?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-05-2020, 6:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Virus spreads, 49ers lose, election year - when to get in?
Oil is about as low as it will go, anything I buy now will have a good dividend, so if it goes down, I will still make money. Tesla dropped 18% today, I guess it ran up too quickly, there seems to be a World wide slow down, so as of right, now it's just wait and see.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-24-2020, 2:48 AM Reply   
CV spread taking its toll on supply chains/output.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       02-25-2020, 8:25 AM Reply   
bottom of the CV dip or just the edge of the crater?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       02-25-2020, 8:27 AM Reply   
I think there’s more to go. Correction was overdue and virus plus election will be a bumpy 6 mo. Great for those in accumulation mode!
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       03-09-2020, 12:33 AM Reply   
$30 a barrel oil. wow.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-09-2020, 1:44 AM Reply   
Level 1 circuit breaker tripped for first time since 2008. Here we go!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-09-2020, 8:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Level 1 circuit breaker tripped for first time since 2008. Here we go!
Bring it on.... I'm mostly in cash. And the part that's not is staying where it's at for the time being.