Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-12-2016, 9:07 PM Reply   
Made a little edit of riding from one set yesterday. Tried to keep cuts to minimum so it's more like watching from the boat.

from Mark Griffin (Cheesydog) on Vimeo.

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-12-2016, 9:47 PM Reply   
Man, that was some really solid riding! A lot of nice tricks in there. That wake didn't look the hugest but you had some serious ups.

Thanks for sharing.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-12-2016, 11:19 PM Reply   
Thanks dude! Yeh its not a big wake but its all I have to work with. The upside is when I occasionally get to ride a G23 type wake I get booted into orbit ha ha
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       06-13-2016, 5:49 AM Reply   
I really liked the video

What length and speed to you ride at.
Old     (airshark360)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-13-2016, 7:00 AM Reply   
great vid, What board are you riding?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2016, 8:42 AM Reply   
Great riding.
Old     (VinnyA)      Join Date: Aug 2011       06-13-2016, 9:03 AM Reply   
That was sick, did you plan those lines out ahead of time or just like think of the tricks as you went?

A gnarly amount of tricks for such a short edit
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       06-13-2016, 9:56 AM Reply   
out of curiosity whats your rope length and boat speed
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-13-2016, 9:59 AM Reply   
that was pretty awesome
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-13-2016, 11:05 AM Reply   
Nice! I like the switch front to fakie/regular. Nice riding. Would love to see you do that behind the G.
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       06-13-2016, 11:47 AM Reply   
SICK set!
Old     (nickfernandez00)      Join Date: May 2015       06-13-2016, 11:58 AM Reply   
That switch 7 and the Vulcan were sick
Old     (wakemman910)      Join Date: Nov 2007       06-13-2016, 12:36 PM Reply   
Solid!
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-13-2016, 12:41 PM Reply   
Those "old school" tricks like the Vulcan or the Blind Judge are just so cool to see now a days. Huge and way into the flats.
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-13-2016, 6:27 PM Reply   
Cheers fellas! Was probably one of the most fun sets Ive had, everything was clicking.

I ride 75ft at around 22-23MPH. I rode at 80ft for quite a while but Im riding a 99 X-star and we just couldnt load it properly to ride at that length, so I went back down to 75. Longer line is better for big tricks into the flats but everything else is easier on the shorter line.

Riding on a CTRL RX, love that board so much. Was on a supreme before and then hopped on the RX, the pop is amazing. I just wish it was a bit bigger, the longest one is 140 and I weigh 180 so it feels slightly small, but it suits how I ride.

LW thanks man! I love the old school stuff, growing up Darin Shaprio was my hero. I love the big old school tricks blasted into the flats. Trying to work up the nerve for a 313 and a Sbend to blind but we'll see!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-13-2016, 6:32 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyA View Post
That was sick, did you plan those lines out ahead of time or just like think of the tricks as you went?

A gnarly amount of tricks for such a short edit
Thanks man!

I normally practice 2 trick combos, so I don't plan the entire line, but if I hit the 2 hit combo I'll go into the next one. I find it's a good way to practice stringing your tricks together. You can mix and match the 2 hit combos depending on how you feel.

That was the first time I hit a vulcan to front fakie combo, was thinking about that one for a while ha ha
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       06-14-2016, 12:04 PM Reply   
dude... that looked like a blast. Mucho talent. Thanks for sharing.
Old     (Spotless)      Join Date: May 2016       06-14-2016, 12:35 PM Reply   
Solid. I am so glad I got to see you ride. Thanks for the share.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-14-2016, 1:23 PM Reply   
nice bag of tricks, done with style
Old     (timelinex)      Join Date: Oct 2014       08-29-2016, 11:51 AM Reply   
Don't mean to dredge up an old thread but just wanted to let you know I still watch your video a few times a week for motivation and to get me excited about the weekend (when I ride)! Great tricks, good HD quality, and a good song. I don't know about anyone else but I would much rather watch a natural video like this than the stuff the pro's and sponsors are pushing out (crazy changing angles, jumping from set to set, one trick at a time, adding crazy amount of spin and sacrificing style, etc....)
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-29-2016, 8:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timelinex View Post
Don't mean to dredge up an old thread but just wanted to let you know I still watch your video a few times a week for motivation and to get me excited about the weekend (when I ride)! Great tricks, good HD quality, and a good song. I don't know about anyone else but I would much rather watch a natural video like this than the stuff the pro's and sponsors are pushing out (crazy changing angles, jumping from set to set, one trick at a time, adding crazy amount of spin and sacrificing style, etc....)
Hey dude thanks so much for the kind words! Yeh I like how this edit turned out, real simple and chill, its kind of got that vibe that I love when riding clicks and feels effortless and fun. Shooting vids in uninterrupted lines is getting more popular now though, Vinny Knapp posted a killer line on Instagram the other day, that's my current motivation!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BJX6rPCg...-by=vinnyknapp
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-30-2016, 11:36 AM Reply   
Besides the outrageous riding, You zoom in and use and post HD, and your audio quality👌. No matter how good your inspiration video , his vid and audio was weak, no matter how good the riding , only the experts can see all the pieces, your late grabs were were subtle with style but visually obvious. Great video gear, videographer or what ever, this isn't a Solo shot is it?
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-31-2016, 6:55 AM Reply   
Unreal riding as always Mark! Don't mind to click any edit you're part of when you kill it behind boat or cable. Thanks for sharing.