Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jsw)      Join Date: Apr 2009       05-21-2011, 4:45 PM Reply   
I'm looking to add some weight to the stock 500 lb center tank and wedge on my 06 v-ride. Jus wondering what any of yall with this boat have added to beef the wake up without hindering performance too much. I was thinking around 1000 in the rear and maybe 600 or so up front. Any tips or advice??
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-21-2011, 5:14 PM Reply   
weight in front will make the wake FIRM and rampy (not steep). Weight in the back makes the wake steep, and bigger. The wedge really steepens the wake. Personally, I'm pretty beginnerish, and I like the center full and some more weight in the bow. We'll run a 400 in the bow. More than that and you really risk taking a wave. 750s will fit in the rear compartments (not full... prolly 650ish? each).
Old     (travisz)      Join Date: Jun 2008       05-23-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
I have the same boat, I have roughly 850 lbs of Led spread about the boat, I fill the 500lb center tank, then I lay a 500lb bag across the bow (fill it to the max) and I also put a 600lb bag in each rear compartment. We usually ride with 4 or 5 people in the boat and make sure the boat is topped off as well, and the wake is huge, beefy and firm. I rarely use my wedge. Although I did have 11 people in the boat, with the led and the center tank full and dropped the wedge and was extremely impressed. Good luck and happy riding.