Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (robertsjut)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-28-2010, 1:30 AM Reply   
Hey Guy's -

I just sold my I/O boat and looking at purchase a V drive. Here are the links to the boats I have looked at just looking for a little input. I like both of them. Looking to use the boat for wakeboarding, hanging out on the lake and learning how to wakesurf. Thanks in advance!

http://salem.craigslist.org/boa/1866608726.html

http://www.welfringerwholesale.com/v...lersite#ar_top

I live in oregon Willamette Valley area. So if you know any other boats for sale no more the $35k please let me know.

Thanks
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       07-28-2010, 6:51 AM Reply   
They are both very good boats. What I think is- The calabria has more room in it, The ballast system is the best(pure vert system) and it has a powered wake plate. I do own a prov2 and been in a proV and the sanger. Both wakes are very good. But I liked the wakesurf wake better in the Pro V.

Once you have the pure vert system you will neverl go back. You do not need to deal with hoses, pumps, impellers and so on.

enjoy what ever you decide.

Last edited by rbeckei; 07-28-2010 at 6:55 AM.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-28-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
Man that is a tough decision. I would probably go with the Sanger if it was me simply because it is cheaper, has less hours and is newer. Hell we already put more hours on our 3 week old boat.
Old     (dave27)      Join Date: May 2005       07-28-2010, 8:24 AM Reply   
I would go with the Sanger based on price and perfect pass.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
I would go for the Sanger for 5k less. If you want you could add a hydraulic plate, better racks, better stereo and cover and be at a similar price.

It is a tough call though that is for sure. Those ProV's are huge in the cockpit although they are pretty shallow. The pure vert is nice and a lot of those ProV's came completely loaded.

After looking at it again that ProV is 100% loaded. It has a heater, shower, bimini, cover, tower speakers, sub, PP, nice looking racks, trailer with disc brakes, tower lights, etc... That is a really tough call. I don't see that it has a hydraulic plate but maybe they were standard on ProV's in 06?

Looking again the Sanger has almost all that stuff other than the heater or shower. Really tough call.

Last edited by polarbill; 07-28-2010 at 8:39 AM.
Old     (dbdan)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-28-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
This doesn't really answer your question, but...If you're thinking of spending that much for the Calabria, you might as well pay a little more for a new one...Call Bob at the factory and order one the way you want it, custom graphics and all. They are both nice boats though...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2010, 8:59 AM Reply   
I also just saw this in the classifieds here. If you can go to Clovis California it looks like you can get a pretty good deal. I don't think they changed much from 05 to 06.

http://www.wakeworld.com/classifield...g.php?view=726
Old    SamIngram            07-28-2010, 9:25 AM Reply   
Take both of them out and ride through some chop or through a double up, IMO you can not compare these two boats. I'm not bagging on the other boat, just that one of the two is much, much more solid.

Other factors to consider; one has the best gel coat in the business, which is the product of being the longest remaining family owned boating company in the industry.

The Sanger is one of the most rock solid boats out there. They don't spend a lot time on bling-bling, but instead put their time in build quality. I have never seen a Sanger with cracks in the hull...
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       07-28-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
Man...you are so close to "new boat" price there. I know that the Mastercraft dealer here in Sacto has a brand new...'09 V215 for 39k, but probably doesn't have all the options also...

That is a tough price point imo ...SO many options. I think the Sangers are one of the sexiest boats out there, but that Calabria is really nice.

And that probably doesn't help you at all...
Old     (malibumatt)      Join Date: May 2006       07-28-2010, 11:22 AM Reply   
Dash changed form 05 to 06 in the Pro-V. The newer one is night and day to see over. Has to be the lowest dash of any boat I have been in. Really good visibility.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-28-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
That is a REALLY good deal on that Sanger! Im sure they're both nice, but the Sanger looks all dialed in - wouldnt need to add much of anything...
Old     (4white)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2010, 11:42 AM Reply   
Sanger, Sanger, Sanger!!! I sure love mine!
Old     (jonnymatrix5)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-28-2010, 12:35 PM Reply   
I love my 05 Calabria so far. Only owned it a couple months. Looked at some Sangers but never rode in one so can't compare!
Old     (PictureMeRollin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       07-28-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
Both are great boats, but I would go for the Sanger because the people running that company and making those boats are awesome! They know how to make a solid boat.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-28-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
That's a good price on the V230! I don't know anything about Calabria's, but Sangers are VERY solid boats! I purchased a V237 at the end of the 2008 season after test driving a new Mastercraft and Centurion....and price wasn't what made me decide on the Sanger!
Old     (robertsjut)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-28-2010, 4:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the input guys I think that I'm leaning toward the Sanger... I found these two other boats also.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-2...item53e2910e24

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-2...item5888dafcfe

I thinking about drive the 350 miles to look at the 2009 this weekend.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       07-28-2010, 4:45 PM Reply   
I would jump all over that one at the Team Proshop. Those guys know Sangers better than anyone. They can even plumb in bags under the floorboards if you want to you have more ballast. that is automatic and hidden. Ask them about that. Theirs also has the better tower in my opinion.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       07-28-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
x2 on the pro shop great guys they know their sh*t and will go the extra mile for your business plus it has the Samson tower which in my opinion it is the best on the market and super easy to fold bet if you ask they will throw in the new Samson/exile tower speakers
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-28-2010, 6:11 PM Reply   
Jut, you won't find a better dealer than the Pro Shop! Don is tops and knows more about these boats than anyone I've ever spoke with. He and Jason do some damn cool things with these boats improving on areas where even Sanger left off. Call Don and tell him you're interested. He'll get you dialed in.
Old     (camassanger)      Join Date: Oct 2009       07-28-2010, 9:13 PM Reply   
x3 on the ProShop. Best in the biz
Old     (teamproshop)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-30-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the props to Team Pro Shop guys, we definitely appreciate it!

In terms of quality, materials and craftsmanship, Sanger is definitely the better boat. I'm a Sanger dealer, but I'm not above giving credit where credit is due to other brands, there are some really phenomenal boats out there. However, I do think that performance, wake and quality wise, Calabria is not even in the same ballpark as Sanger. I wouldn't say that Calabria makes a bad boat, there are some things they do very well, but if the price is about equal, I can guarantee that you'd be happier with Sanger.

I don't have any used Sangers in stock right now to meet your $35K price, but that V230 at Allen Marine looks like a pretty good deal. If you end up going with Sanger, I'm only 45 minutes up I 5 from Portland and I'd be more than happy to take care of any future needs you have with your boat. We offer a very cool custom, under floor ballast system that we can add to any Sanger. It gives you about another 600 or so pounds of ballast and it's completely hidden.

Feel free to call with any boating needs, 360-577-1580.

There's a reason why most Sanger owners are Sanger people for life.

Nick
Team Pro Shop
Old     (larry1167)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-30-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
I will back up all the guys suggesting Sanger. I've got an '87 Sanger TX. The thing is still rock solid after 23 years with no issues whatsoever. That should say something about how they build their boats. I must admit I have never been in a Calabria. Gonna buy another Sanger someday... as soon as the wife lets me.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       07-30-2010, 4:02 PM Reply   
Last summer I stopped by the Sanger facilities in Fresno and they gave us a tour. Talking about making me a Sanger man FOREVER! They told me that 2010 (or 2011) will be their first boat with a swivel driver seat.......why?........They didn't want to put in a seat that wouldn't last the LIFE of the boat. It's not about putting on all the Bling and Toys, it's about a boat that will last year and years, like Larry's TX! When I purchased my V237 I knew I will have it for year...maybe decades.

Nick...I wish I was closer to you guys! I would love to add 600lbs of hidden ballast....I'm starting to get irritated with the fat sacs!
Old     (rio_sanger)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-31-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
Another Sanger fan here. When I bought my boat in '99, I was thinking it would be the last boat I would ever have to buy.
So far that thinking has been correct, it runs and feels as solid as the day I bought it. It will definitely outlast me!
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       07-31-2010, 10:33 PM Reply   
Never been in a sanger but I do own a Calabria I was sold on the amount of room that is in the boat you can store half your house in it. the sangers to me look small inside. plus the ballast in the Calabria is awsome. I'm sure that Sangers are great boats but my .02 I don't think they are in a different ballpark from the calabria.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-01-2010, 1:00 AM Reply   
About time someone breaks up this Sanger-Lovefest!
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-01-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Sangers are not small inside and have an excellent amount of storage especially if you get the in floor ballast option spoke about above.
Old     (wake26)      Join Date: Mar 2009       08-01-2010, 9:22 AM Reply   
like I said I can only speak for the calabrias there are no Sanger dealers around here so I have only seen pics on the internet. I think if you could haggle the price down on the calabria it would be a great buy. Like Sanger Calabrias are not production line boats they are made one at a time they are very solid boats. I think you will be happy either way you go.
Old     (idaho_hillbilly)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-01-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
Jarod....your being way to nice about this! Lets hear...your boat sucks! My boat is the best! Your boat can't throw a wake! My Dad can beat up your Dad! It makes for much better reading.

For the price we pay for these floating money pits, they are all good boats. Test drive and find what turns your crank.