Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (MINI_G)      Join Date: Oct 2016       01-16-2017, 5:23 AM Reply   
I'm looking for a lift for my 2015 G21. Can anyone comment on Beach King lifts? I am looking at a 7000 lb lift. It has a Lift Tech Marine 24v dc motor. Anyone used these motors?

Beach King is a Minnesota company, I don't know if they are in many regions. I was considering Floe, but they are coming in at about 5K more.

I plan on purchasing the lift at the Boat Show this weekend.

thanks
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-16-2017, 10:25 AM Reply   
You could give my brother a call (he sells docks/lifts) ... he doesn't carry Beach King, but could at least provide some insight on what to look for / avoid on construction.

He is based out of Central WI, he might be able to get something real cheap too and just have it shipped to MN. Mention I sent you and say we're wakeboard buddies or something, he might be able to shave some money for you.

He got me a lift for our 23LSV and saved a ****load vs. anything else.

His website:
http://www.kneedeepshoresupplies.com/
Old     (MINI_G)      Join Date: Oct 2016       01-16-2017, 12:26 PM Reply   
Thanks Nick. I had a good talk with Alex. He said I should be hesitant about the Beach King with the Lift Tech to power it given the weight of the G21. He recommended to look for a lift with no winching like a shorestation hydralic.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-18-2017, 10:20 AM Reply   
Good stuff, hopefully he can help you out, or at least steer you in the right direction. Everything he has suggested for me over the last few years has been drastic improvements vs. my old lift / what I planned on doing.

.... Which lake in MN are you on? I lived downtown Minneapolis for 4-5 years just a bit ago, but moved back to my hometown in Wisco
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-18-2017, 11:27 AM Reply   
If you're not dead-set on a mechanical lift, give Hydro-hoist (or other floaters) a look. I hate mech lifts myself, love the floating lift for our boat down in TN.