Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (troberts2)      Join Date: Jan 2017       01-10-2017, 3:22 PM Reply   
I was riding a 2012 LF Watson previously and loved the way that board rode. I haven't been on a board since 2015 due to a house fire and just fixing stuff from that whole ordeal. So it's not like I'm making a jump from a board that I've been riding a lot here lately. How does this board ride? I found the 2015 Recoil on Blemboard and was wondering if the 2016 would be the better board with the fast track change.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       01-10-2017, 6:55 PM Reply   
I love it. Fast enough, poppy, good landings.

Does he have 17? I'd get the 17 if you can swing it just to get inserts over a track. If not then I'd get the 16 over the 15
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-10-2017, 7:16 PM Reply   
There is no 2017 Recoil, looks to be discontinued. Closest replacement would be the Pill, which has the same shape and rocker line, but with a few added channels in the tip/tail and slightly stiffer core. However the Pill is not offered in a 146 like the Recoil was.

Board rides fast compared to some, but there are faster in the Slingshot line like the response. Recoil pops like a champ, I find the Response to have softer landings. But most slingshots land soft compared to traditional stiff core boards.

The 15 graphic is one of my favorites, especially with the blue RAD boots from that year.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-10-2017, 7:21 PM Reply   
Forgot to answer your original question... SS has seemed to revamp and upgrade that fast track every year since it came out in 2011. I don't think any two years have been the same. I've had boards from 12, 13, and 14, and honestly the two boards I bought in 2012 held up the best (one of them I still have). The 13 I had blew in two sets, and I got June 2014 to April 2015 out of the 14 I had.

Bottom line, you take a hard enough fall, you can blow the track out. In any case, that is what a warranty is for.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-10-2017, 7:23 PM Reply   
The new inserts look good on the 17's, they go all the way through the core of the board and have a flat plate on the bottom.
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       01-10-2017, 7:37 PM Reply   
I just blew out the track on my 14 Recoil. I love that board and I'm pretty bummed that they don't make a 17... Hopefully they will bring it back for 18
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-11-2017, 9:06 AM Reply   
My primary board is a 2015 Recoil with 2015 Ronix One bindings and I love the setup. My girlfriend demoed a few boards and also ended up with a Recoil (2014). I personally haven't found a better combination of board speed, pop, and soft landing than the Recoil but it's not like I've ridden every board out there. I haven't had any issues with the track blowing out but I've found that even with threadlock the screws work their way loose over time. I re-tighten the screws every trip out now after my binding shifted after getting up out of the water one time.