Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (ldebbold)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-29-2006, 4:58 PM Reply   
Thinking about fall riding. I really noticed this year that my regular wetsuit seems too bulky and constricting. I've had that feeling with both the shorty and full length O'Neill's. Has anyone tried the Jetpilot flight jacket or some other thinner top? Is it sufficient to keep you warm enough in colder water? It sucks when you start shivering before you are ready to end your session.
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-29-2006, 5:13 PM Reply   
I have the Jet pilot 2mm seal skin which is pretty warm IMHO.

I also have the 4/3 suit for winter riding which is super warm! The only suggestion is that if you are taking multiple sets with a wetsuit buy a hot water shower, it makes things MUCH more enjoyable.
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-29-2006, 10:23 PM Reply   
Hey I'm going to the University of MInnesota and really want to join thier wakeboard club....fall wakeboarding in minnesota...what kind of wetsuit do I need? Any body who lives up here have an idea? I currently have a ripcurl 2/3 full. My friend told me that it would be enought but i dunno. Thanx!
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-29-2006, 10:34 PM Reply   
Minnesota? I would say drysuit.
Old     (jtd)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-30-2006, 11:26 AM Reply   
Yea most people from warm places would. Haha. I just wanna know from anybody from minnesota...what they r ok with?
Old     (unclesam)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-30-2006, 12:10 PM Reply   
I wouldnt call oregon a warm place really
Old     (slowake)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-31-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
Got the body glove vapor suit. Can go thinner than a traditional suit because it is semi dry.
Super sick and plenty of mobility check it out.
Old     (paolad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-31-2006, 9:06 AM Reply   
speaking of drysuits. Does anyone know which brand makes drysuits for short people? Im 5'3 140lbs and the oneill doesnt look to come in my length?

Paola
Old    nate_b            08-31-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
Uncle Sam, if u wanna ride past september in MN, you will probably need a drysuit. The water gets cold fast.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-31-2006, 10:16 AM Reply   
Go drysuit. You'll be glad you did. Warm and comfy.